Every New Year's Eve, David and I sit and talk about everything we did for the year. Life seems to get so busy that you forget about some of the small things that were just as meaningful. It is also interesting to see some of the things that you did not do that you had hoped to accomplish. Rather than sitting here and telling you all of those things, I think I will share a few of the most important ones to me for this New Year. One is to be more intentional with my close friends. To work on our relationships and to make sure that nothing is left unsaid. Another is to have Olivia feel our love once we bring her home and I pray that she adjusts to us and that the children figure out how to get "into their groove" with one another. My marriage is also up there on the list. David and I had a great year. We chose to be very intentional about that as well. Our lives get so crazy that we can pass each other quite a bit. We try to have a date night every weekend if possible. If your marriage is strong, I believe your family unit will remain strong as well. Even when things don't always run smoothly. And the last one that I will share is regarding my spiritual life. I am going to diligently try and read the Bible in a year. I know that when I am focused on Him, that all the small stuff and silly drama in life that happens, really doesn't seem so bad when I am spiritually connected. I wish you all a wonderful 2011. May you all be blessed and enjoy life to the fullest. xoxo
Saturday, January 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I think this is a very meaningful post and something that I personally should take to heart and make a priority for myself this year.
Love this. and I am reading the bible in a year .. have started and this is HUGE for me.. I have learned soo much in the last 6 months and I can't wait to see what HE has instore for me this year..
Love you my friend..
Hugz..
Thanks....very powerful post. :}
Great plan for 2011!!
Sounds like fabulous plans Steffie. I wish you the very best as you embark on a special year:)
Post a Comment