Tuesday, February 23, 2010

~ Longing ~

China (2 of 1)
My heart seems to be really missing this place right now and everything about it. I wonder if it will ever stop? Will the tears always flow at the very mention of it? Will anything related to this place that is so deeply in my soul now always make me cry? Will the day come
that I can even watch the simple movie of Mulan and not need a tissue?
It seems to always be on my mind.
My heart is longing for the day I can return!
China (1 of 1)

27 comments:

Wanda said...

Yes, I know that feeling too.
:)

shelley said...

that is me too.

Kim said...

Big HUGs..
I hope I get to see that place one day..

Gail said...

I've been feeling that way too my friend. Really missing that beautiful place...

hugs to you.
xo

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh amazing that you posted this. Could it be that this is the time you traveled there?
I've been having the same yearning...and looking at old pics and wanting to go back. I think it's normal since China has made us families, bigger families and kindled new friendships for us.
There's definitely something very special that will remain in our hearts forever.

Lovely post.

Hugs,

Ivy

Adoption Blog said...

This us how I feel about India...

redmaryjanes said...

Sounds like we need to have a special lunch. I will tell you what you told me a year ago. Hold on. She's out there. Your day is coming. Love you.

Mandi said...

Wow, what is it about China that makes us all want to return? I absolutely cannot wait to get back there (hoping to travel in April to bring our son home). I miss the people, the smell (I know, hard to believe), the sights and sounds.

Cindy said...

go where your heart is...I always think about "this" place too:-) your special little will come soon!

Adele said...

I totally understand how you feel.

Jenny said...

I feel the same way too. We are currently in the process of going back...it can't come soon enough for me. : )

Briana's Mom said...

My trip to China was so amazing. It was so life changing in more ways than one. I definitely want to return some day with Briana.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

oh boy I so get this post....I feel the same way at times...Steffie this is beautiful...the pictures are too.
{{{{hug}}}}} to you my sweet friend.

Becky said...

Hugs to you, my sweet friend. I think every one of us that has adopted from China feels this way but many are too afraid to act upon it -- especially me. Love the pictures...

Smooches...

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

U R so darn sweet. the pictures are beautiful. the post is beautiful.

Lea
xo

Marla said...

Gorgeous! The pics and the post. You'll get there, Momma, just hang on. :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

OH BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS!!! Hold on girl... you will be back in that special place sometime soon:)

xo,

Lisa

Tiffany said...

Love this post... Glad to know I am not the only one that feels this way...

Kayce said...

I've only been home 2 weeks and all I want to do is leave tomorrow. We will be back again and I look forward to it every day. Hold tight..

Lisa said...

I feel the same way about Russia. Such a special place in my heart. My kids are too little now but maybe in 4 or 5 years we will be going back for a visit. When they look at their Russia books they talk about wanting to go.

:-) Me too.

Diane and family:) said...

Nope!! I think, for those of us who have left a bit of our heart in China(or other parts of the world), or as in your family, and mine:) more than a bit, well, our hearts still beat in China, too! When we welcomed our daughters home in 2001,2004 and 2006....I would try to absorb each moment I could to carry with me, the truth is....I left more of me in China with each journey to my daughters....the person I was prior to 2001 is almost gone, and, a new me has emerged....kinda like the way our children start to become the beautiful butterfly we know they will become....I feel that way, too!! No, S, the feeling of missing China never goes away, and, for that I'm so very thankful:)

dita said...

Beautiful images...keep your focus and you'll be there before you can click your heels!

xoxoxo
Dita

Ashton said...

I am joining you on that! I just love that country so much!

dawn said...

Hubby and I feel the very same way. He "made" me click a link to a little boy the other day who is waiting for a family and now the pull is even stronger. I keep looking at this little fella and wondering what are we supposed to do now????
Forever my heart will beat in China.

Terri said...

Beautiful pictures Steffie! Our hearts will forever be in China!!!

Or is this your way of announcing anything????

Charity said...

Beautiful post! Just now catching up with you guys. Glad you are getting away (I'm jealous - but know that I will travel hopefully soon) The boys getting ready to travel just cracks me up!!!! I got you email. Thanks for the info. Will chat more tomorrow.
Blessings my friend.
Charity

3 Peanuts said...

I have a feeling you will be going back before you know it. I hope you find your hearts desire very soon.


All in His time.
Blessings,
Kim