Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pondering

chair (1 of 1)

I seem to be in one of my deep thinking moods again. Pondering what I should be doing in the upcoming months ahead. Keeping the children well until Maui, planning Daniel's birthday, preparing for Andrew's heart surgery, scheduling a home school curriculum for the kids over the summer, catching up on my shutterfly books, deciding what to do about this blog, my photography plans, shower plans, wedding plans, where to volunteer my time...the list seems to be endless in my mind. I long to sit outside in my chair on a beautiful summer day and watch my children play and laugh while taking pictures when they don't know it. Lately people have been emailing me or leaving me messages and asking if our adoption door is closed and how could I possibly consider another? My answer is to them is: How can you NOT consider it? I go through these periods of deep thinking, pondering about my life, and if I am doing enough. Do you?

12 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a strange question to ask YOU of all people? You of all people seem to listen when the Lord speaks to your heart about another child. Just keep listening my friend...just keep listening:)

I know you must long for the summer and to be outside with your babies! Praying the yucky weather goes away soon and that your life slows down a bit;)

Jenny said...

I go through those times a lot. I think it truly is when God grows us the most. And I totally agree- why would you NOT consider adopting again. We just made the decision to adopt again- 5 years after we brought Katie Mei home. We have the means. We have the desire. Let's go! : ) And pay no attention to what people may say. I think sometimes when people don't know what to say, they just say what pops into their mind. You are amazing. Your family is beautiful. And I think your door is wide open, friend.

Gail said...

Well I also think it's a very strange question for people to ask...to be brutally honest it's no one's business. It's your's and David's. And I do the same thing...wonder if I'm doing enough. I have been to China twice to adopt and am haunted by those children left behind.

Beautiful post, and yes I ponder many of the same things you do...thinking about the future and what God's plan is for me and my family.

love you friend!

Kim said...

You will know and then you follow your heart..
I know one way or another I will follow my heart..
Love ya my friend..

Musings from Kim K. said...

You've been on my mind with some of your recent blog posts. Know that I'm always here for you. I miss you. Let me know if you need anything in preparation for Andrew's surgery. Hugs!!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am a ponderer too sweet friend. I have missed you lately...
I will be praying as Andrew's surgery comes up.
Your heart will lead you... It has never failed you...
Love and hugs
C

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

well my sweet friend you know I ponder...and all the time. In fact that's all I seem to do lately...my head spins and spins...so happy that I have you at my side to ponder with {{{{{hug}}}}}} Love ya girl!!!!

Hey my spam word was houchie : 0

Kayce said...

That has been my constant thought since our arrival home...Am I doing enough? We have already decided to adopt again and the few people we have told have said...."are you crazy, you're willing to go through that again?" Yes, I'm willing to do it again and again and again and again. Because I can do more and I so want to do more. Only God knows if that is our plan though and I will wait for the door to open...patiently.

I love what mommy24treasures said...your heart will guide you. Lots of hugs and many prayers.

redmaryjanes said...

I think that you are in a place right now where you could go in several different directions. You know your path. You also know better than to let anyone else sidetrack you. I am very willing to walk your path with you and do whatever I can to help. You can get everything accomplished one step at a time.

Jboo said...

It is unreal what some people say, isn't it!! Sounds like you have a lot going on and a lot of thinking to do. Take care and I agree -- your heart will guide you.

Janet

Dita said...

Hey, girl....good to see you back.
I love the new blog colors and as always, your photos of the kids and the scenery around your neck of the woods.

Wedding? Shower? Did I miss something???

AS for adoption.....only you know the answers in your life....don't listen to the noise of others, my dear!

Good to see you back to the blog.
I've missed you.

xoxoxo
Dita Darling

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I know you have a full plate right now, but even at your busiest, those "pondering thoughts" are always there.

Only you have the key to what your future holds and it is not really anyone elses business which door you decide to open with it!! When you know deep down in your heart.....that is all that matters!!


xo,

Lisa