Monday, April 6, 2009

We Are Here

Cocktail Time
Ah yes......so happy to have upgraded to Business Class.
It made the 13hr flight much better. Flight
Always happy to see an on time departure ! ;) Happy to be in BC
Just getting comfortable for the L-O-N-G flight! The flight really was nice.
We watched lots of movies, had pretty good food and we all were
able to sleep as best as one can on a plane. Foreingers
As soon as the plane touch down and the announcement was made "Welcome to China"......you all know that my eyes filled with tears for at that very moment the reality of what was really going to happen set in. I felt as though I had come home or that I had come back to the place that I left a little piece of my heart 4 years ago. I looked at Emmie and said "We're here" and I knew by looking at my sweet girl that the emotions were high for her too. We were only in the room for a few minutes when the phone rang and it was Shiyan...our wonderful director who takes care of us while we are here. I was given my instructions on what I needed to do with paperwork and what time to be in the lobby in the morning. And I know my travel mates are all getting a good giggle out of the "lobby" memories. Emmie and I already went to the store for treats for Andrew and for WATER....lots -n-lots of water! lol I went down to have some dinner by myself since David and Emmie are too wiped out to do do. As I took that first bite of spaghetti, I just prayed that it wouldn't make me sick. And I also realized as I sat there, that this is the last night my sweet boy will ever spend alone. The last night without a family, the last night without prayers, the last night without a hug or kiss.....the last night his little soul will have to be alone. The tears came, but I didn't care. Tomorrow our day begins at 8:30AM. A day that will change us forever. That will change me forever. Hold on my sweet boy.....hold on. Sending love to my babies and special people and family back home. Love you all.......hugs and kisses! ;)

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you made it safely to Beijing. You don't know me but I follow your blog and am amazed by you and your family. We have 4 bio children and one adopted from China. Shiyan is amazing and wonderful. Can't wait to see Andrew with his family and begin his new life with you guys.
Prayers and blessings from PA.

Tiffany said...

Following your journey....cant' wait to see that sweet boy!

Julia said...

Steffie you're notes give me chills, I can't wait to see pictures of you all finally united!

mommy24treasures said...

oh Steffie I am just so happy and excited for you.
Love you
Connie

Shanna said...

I can't wait for your next post! What I wouldn't give to be in China right now! Our son is from Anhui and has been such a blessing to us (:
I know how crazy those first few days can be....know that the Brown's will be lifiting you and your new son in prayer.
Hugs to you,
Shanna

Musings from Kim K. said...

Woo hoo for BUSINESS class!! I'm so glad you were able to upgrade. You've been on my mind the last 24 hours. Love ya!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So exciting!! Get ready for a day you will never forget.......enjoy and cherish every moment of it!

Thinking of you on this special day!

Hugs,

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are making me cry and it is way too early in the morning to be sobbing at the computer! I love you girl and I am praying praying praying!

Lisa said...

I'm so excited right now! So glad to hear that you have made it safely to China and that you will be getting your little guy soon!! Can't wait to follow your journey...again!!! Yippee!!!!! : )

Jboo said...

So excited for you all! Hope your trip goes well. Can't wait to hear about your little boy.

Janet

redmaryjanes said...

Love you too girl, you have been on my mind constantly. I am glad to see that you are there. I am sending so much love and good vibes your way! Take lots of photos.

Adoption Blog said...

I'm so so exited for you...I get the goose bumps and teary! We will have to speak to each other one day! Maybe through skype! In the meanwhile...we are following your trip and we are with you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs from Luxembourg!

XXX

Debra said...

Don't you just love business class!!! It was a life saver for me on my second trip too. I feel your excitement all the way here in Alabama. Best wishes for a wonderful union.
Hugs,
Debra

Sarah said...

Steffie,

I am SO excited for you! I am thankful for a safe flight for you guys and I will keep you in my prayers as you meet Andrew soon! Can't wait to see you in China!

Sarah

Kim said...

I am sooo happy that you are all there safe and sound..
Love the photos..
I am almost crying just reading this..
I am sooo HAPPY..
Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see Andrew in your arms...
HUGS.
Love ya girly..

lora said...

I can't believe you are really there!! I am just so excited for you...I can still remember how tears welled up in my eyes when I heard them say "Welcome To China"...I was finally in the same country as my baby girl :)
praying,
lora

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh, I am getting chills just reading this. So glad you all arrived safely and well-rested. I'll be watching closely for your next post.

Love,
Michelle

Nikki said...

Ooh girl, my eyes welled up reading that! I can't believe, that exactly 4 years later you are back there!
Soak it all in for all us...I know you are!
Can't wait to see pictures of you all with your sweet, sweet boy.
Love and prayers!!
XOXO

Unknown said...

Oh, Stef, I'm getting teary too. Memories of Beijing, meeting our daughter in Changsha, the sights. Yes, a piece of us will always live in China. It helps us to remember to pray for China and her people, I suppose.

I can hardly wait to see him in your arms! I'll be on the computer a lot tomorrow!

Juliette said...

This is it! So excited for you guys.
Oh and that oboe's piece from the Mission movie gives me goosebumps each time I hear it.

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you! Hope little Andrew has a peaceful transition into your family. I know he is loved deeply.

Stacey
LID 8-8-06

Teresa said...

Steffie,
So excited to hear that you are safe in China and about to meet your son. I will be following your journey and praying for your whole family.

hollym. said...

At 4:00AM, I prayed for you guys, Steffie, the tears of joy came and I said to myself, OH My, Stef is in China again!!!:) I'm so excited for your family and will continue to pray.

Love you all, hollym.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your journey. We just returned last week from adopting our son. He has the same sweater as your son is wearing in his referral photo. Our boy turned 5 in Jan.

Truly Blessed said...

Can't wait to see your journey unfold. Not long now!

Learnin The Plan said...

I am glad that u mde it
reading what u are posting brings back sooooo many memories of when we got Sydney.
My prayers are with u

Kristi said...

With eyes filled with tears, we read your post and were washed with memories of our trip four years ago and how thankful to you we are for taking us along with you on this most amazing.....God ordained journey to Andrew. Definitely smiling at the lobby memories! What an amazing detail to have another Gotcha day exactly four years later. I believe God gives us those precious details as a gift to show His loving hand in this for Andrew and your family. Very Special! We are praying for each of you in so many ways!

Terri said...

I am so glad you made it safe & I am so excited for you all. I followed your journey to Sophie & now I can't wait for your journey to Andrew!!!!

Take care & best wishes on a day that you will always remember & be so special to your heart!!!

julie said...

Steffie & family...

Hang on...very soon you'll be holding that sweet son of yours. I can't wait to hear all about your stories and see pictures! We're all praying for you!

Hugs!

Julie K.

Missy said...

Yay Steffie and family!! I am so glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Looks like you had a nice flight. Oooh, how I wish I were back in China. I will live vicariously through you. Praying for blessings tomorrow!!!
Love ya!

Diana said...

Can not wait to see the pictures!!!
We think we might know the person next to you on the plane..Did you by chance talk to her at all and if so was her name Jean?

Julie said...

Yippie!! Looks like you're off to a great start!

Kerry said...

Thinking of you and your sweet son. Please know that much love and support is being sent your way! One more night.

Ladybug hugs,
Kerry

Gail said...

He'll be in your arms very soon. Will be following every bit of your journey. :)

Kayce said...

So glad you guys made it safe and sound!! Enjoy all the wonderful moments that are about to unfold! Can't wait to see Andrew in your arms!