Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Forever Family Day/Double Happiness

P4060236
My sweet boy came to me today with crocodile tears. I swooped him up into
my arms and told him everything would be ok. I told him in Mandarin
that I was his Momma and that I loved him. P4060242
He came to me, and let me love on him. He looked at me in total confusion
and I just wanted to take away all his fear.
P4060237
He cried and I cried. I finally have my beautiful boy. P4066194
He took took to David right away. The staff that brought him in was male and
I had a feeling as he was looking at David that he would go to him.
He went to Emmie as well. The Fruit Loops were a
hit and Emmie was in awe of her new little brother. P4060276
Emmie's dream come true. P4060273
Our first "partial";) family picture. P4060268
And here we are....Mother and Son. He has not uttered one word, but we have seen him smile and laugh. He is in shock, but I believe in a few days his personality will come out more and more. He had two layers of long sleeved clothes on. It was hot today. We took him out for lunch and I was in total disbelief at his ability to eat rice, noodles, broccoli and rolls with chopsticks to PERFECTION! Pictures of that to come. My last dream come true is in my arms.....and I am so very, very happy. I'm just ready to bring my boy home and carry on with life. ;)

P4070297

My handsome little man, Andrew David. Forever Family Day, April 7th, 2009. To be shared with his sister Sophia Elaine.....April 7th, 2005. Double Happiness once again. ;)

70 comments:

Dannye said...

congrats, he is beautiful...what an amazing family you have...may he get over the shock soon and be chattering away....we love you guys

Musings from Kim K. said...

He's precious. I'm so very very happy for you, Steffie. I can't wait to see his smile come out in the next few days. Lots of love.

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog for a long time now but rarly comment. Your posts yesterday and today brought tears to my eyes. Your son is beautiful! Congratulations on your double happiness.

Michelle-Canada

Noemi said...

He is a precious little boy! Congratulations!

Elise said...

He absolutely just precious!!! Congrats on all your dreams coming true!!! God is so amazing!

Diana said...

I am sitting here in tears (Happy ones) for you and your family:)
Congratulations..he is beautiful!!!

Debra said...

Ah Steffie, he is so beautiful! You can see the love your family has for him in these photos. Thank you for sharing such a special moment.
God bless you all,
Debra

Jodee said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable!

Dita said...

Steffie....Andrew is even more beautiful that in the photos you received.

I couldn't sleep all night knowing that when I got up you would be right here, holding Andrew! I am thrilled beyond words to see this post.

Your beautiful family is complete now. I am so thankful to be witness to this very first day of the rest of Andrew's amazing life ahead. Thank you for sharing your words, your amazing photos and your incredible heart with us.

Many great big hugs to all of you.

Dita

Sandra said...

I am crying happy tears for you. He is beautiful and I couldn't be more happy for you.

Gail said...

Steffie, I went to bed last night knowing that when I woke up I'd see this beautiful post. I'm happily crying. So sweet. He is the answer to many prayers.

May I add the tears will go away and the smiles will come, I promise. You will begin to see more and more of your little boy. Congratulations on your new son!

~Amy~ said...

The first thing I did this morning was run to the computer! OMW he is just a doll! I'm sooooo happy for you guys! Praise God for he is GOOD!!!!!! :D

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I couldn't wait to wake up this morning and run to my computer Steffie. Poor little guy...he is very very handsomek...I mean...he is strikingly handsome isn't he?

Oh I know he must be hurting and confused and I am thankful he is with his new family and I am most thankful he is with a Mommy that understands hurting and grief in these little ones and what they have endured. Big hugs to you my friend....I know you hurt for him too. I am praying for him to relax and just enjoy your company. I already long to see a picture of him relaxed in your arms.
(Is it obvious I had the same experience with Emma Jane???) XXXOOO

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I made it until I read "he was my last dream come true" and then I could not hold back the tears any longer!! He is beautiful.....and I am so happy for you...CONGRATULATIONS...there is nothing better than seeing him in your arms and surrounded by his new family!

Big hugs to you all,

Lisa

Michelle R Photography said...

Congratulations, Steffie!! What a wonderful way to start my morning by looking at these pictures of your new blessing. And today's my mom's 65th birthday - I will remember your two Gotcha Days well.

He is just adorable!! Congrats once again!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations on your new son!!! I can't wait to see a smile on that cute little face. :)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I've been a lurker since Daniel's birth but just had to comment today. What a beautiful boy and what a great thing that you have all found each other. Congratulations!

dawn said...

Such a beautiful boy. Congratulations to all of you.
Crying the ugly, but oh so happy cry over here and it is so very early but I can't think of a better way to start my day than to look at photos of Andrew in his Mama's arms.

Keisha said...

Oh.. Congratulations!! He is Beautiful.. boys can be that too! LOL! I love the pictures, they bring back many happy memories of our gotcha day!!
Blessings to you and your family!
Keisha

Julia said...

Congratulations Steffie, he is just beautiful!!!

Heidi said...

So beautiful!! I am so happy for you all!!! Congratulations!!!

Laura said...

He is absolutely gorgeous! So incredibly happy for your entire family!

Busy Mama said...

He is a special little boy - and God has big plans for him! Praising with you here today - sure brings back LOTS of memories! Missing you 4 years later!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you guys!! He is such a handsome little guy. I think it is just amazing that both Andrew and Sophia share the same Forever Family Day! I can't wait to see him with a big smile on his face...I know that it is to come very soon. Enjoy and thanks for blogging, it is so much fun following you on this incredible journey!!!

Charity said...

He is beautiful. Praying for his fears & transition. I know God is going to help him understand your love. Thanks for all the pics. You have a very blessed family.

rottylover79 said...

Oh, Steffie, I'm lost for words...how amazing you and your family must feel to be able to give him the greatest gift of all...a loving family he deserves. Congratulations and may your travels 'home' be safe.

The Carters

Shanna said...

What a sweet little man you have in your arms. You are so blessed! My son is joy of my life!!

Jill said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I could not be happier for you guys!! He's adorable!! Can't wait to see what the next few days bring!! ENJOY!!!!
Hugs, Jill

Jboo said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful happy day for your family! He is adorable!

Janet

LaLa said...

Crying tears of joy with you. He is so handsome : ) I am sure the shock will wear off and then the grieving will begin..and then finally the trust and love will come. Enjoy getting to know your sweet boy!!

Amazing that their Forever Family Days are the same...huge celebrations in your future!!

Linette said...

Steffie- he is SO precious! I just started crying seeing him in your arms! God is so good!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your little man!

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations! He is just amazing! What a precious moment!

redmaryjanes said...

He is beautiful Steffie. What amazing photos. I am so happy for all of you. Your strenght and love brought this day. You are his Momma. And he will see that more and more every day. Sending love to all of you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful !
Donna

Unknown said...

Aww. What a face. He's beautiful. I'm glad he's taken to at least one parent. Caroline favored Rick while we were in China, but soon would go to either of us once we got home.

Congratulations and you look as radiant as you did when Sophia was placed in your arms and then Daniel was born.

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL....
I couldn't wait to wake up this morning..
He is sooooo HANDSOME..
Love the photos..
You can see the love in ALL of your eyes..
He will come around..
"BIG HUGS"..
Love ya girly..

cougchick said...

He is so beautiful Steffie. Congratulations to you all!

Sarah said...

I could not wait to check your blog this morning!! Tears rolling down my face....SO happy for you, can't wait to meet you all in person!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Steffie...he is so so so beautiful!! I know he will be loving on you in no time. he will feel the love of his forever family and he will begin to feel safe. As you know it all takes time. Enjoy this tie:0) HUGE hugs,
Kim

Robin said...

OMG Steffie
Your little man is so beautiful!! He will fit in so nicely with your family! I am so happy for you. Andrew looks like a healthy little boy!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I know we are going to see his smile in no time:) I am so glad to see your dream in your arms.
Love you
Connie

Holly said...

What a beautiful little boy! He is absolutely precious. So glad to finally see him in your arms.

Anonymous said...

Coming out of lurkerville to say congrats!!!! You have communicated your intiment feelings on your blog for all of us to share. I love your pictures and the first picture of you holding Andrew with your eyes closed says it all!!!!

Amy

Becky said...

Congrats to you and your family! Andrew is such a handsome little boy and looks wonderful in your arms!

Jill W said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little man. Blessings to you all!

lora said...

Tears of Joy for you and for Him!!

Praying for his bonding, and for your little babes back home.

He is absolutely precious!

Congratulations to you all..

Wendy said...

He looks so sad... but soon he will realize he's being loved by his forever family... Congradulation!!!!

Lindsey said...

i have been stalking your blog for some time and just wanted to say congrats on the little guy. i am in awe at how handsome he is. i litteraly got cold chills as i looked at the pictures of your family.

Kayce said...

Praise God!! Congratulations to all of you!!!

Missy said...

He is such a handsome little boy!!! I am so glad he is with his new forever family!!! Looking forward to watching you all get to know one each other. Happy Gotcha Day to Sophia, too!!!

Adrienne said...

Sweet Steffie, I cried big crocodile tears at that photo of him coming down the stairs! He is so precious and I am so happy for you and your family!! Congrats.

Adrienne in TX
LID 4-20-07

Praise and Coffee said...

I'm so happy for you (and him), your son is adorable!
Love,
Sue

Gwen Oatsvall said...

oh sister ... i can't even express my emotions right now .. i love you so much and will be praying over you all ... he is adorable and is melting my heart just in pictures .... call/text/email if you need anything !!!

PandaMom said...

He is so beautiful and the matching Forever Family Day is just the BEST!

Doreen said...

He is the perfect addition to an already wonderful clan! I shared your tears when I saw the pictures.

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan

Courtney said...

Congratulations, he is adorable!

t~ said...

So perfect and so beautiful. I had nothing but tears reading that post. What an amazing day to be shared with his sister forever.

Inga said...

What a sweet little boy and just look how sad he can look...soon he will be smiling all the time. Congratulations... I was late for school this morning because i HAD to read the blog.

Hope you have safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

I am so happy for you and your family! He is such a handsome little guy and his face is beyond beautiful! His eyes speak volumes. Your pictures captured each moment. I have to admit, your post brought the tears on! Enjoy each moment and treasure the days to come!!!

So happy for you! Hugs!

Dawn

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!!! Steffie I am so happy for you and your entire family. He is absolutely adorable!!!! Can't wait to see more pics of him and all of your travels while you are there. He'll warm up soon...such a big change and a huge day!!!

Yay!!!!!

4D said...

I am so happy for all of you. He looks so sad but he will come around soon.

Keep smilin!

hollym. said...

Oh, Steffie!!
He cried, You cried, I'm crying!!:) My heart was pounding when I checked your bloggy today! Just thrilled for you and yours. Andrew is perfectly matched to your family! Hugs and Smooches to all. Praying for you all in China and on the Home Front.
Love, hollym.:)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

He is beautiful!!!! Look at that sweet little face : ) He will adjust before you know it. You are such a lucky momma!!! You are just beaming in your pictures : )
Sending big {{{{hugs}}}} Your way.
I am enjoying following your journey.

Carla said...

Such a beautiful sight!! I am so excited for you!! Looking forward to more pictures!!

Hugs from TX!!

Keri said...

These are absolutely perfect pictures for what appears to be a perfect day. So happy to see your dream hs come true. He is just so handsome.

Keri

Across the Ocean Blue said...

I am in tears. I love the pictures. How sweet he is. It is good to see you in China with your boy!

Shana said...

Steffie!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm crying reading your beautiful words & seeing the tears of happiness in yours eyes! He is beautiful!!!!!! What a sweet, handsome baby boy you have! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! Finally!!!!

Big hugs!!!!
Shana :)

Kerry said...

Oh- he is so precious. Congratulations and many hugs. Love seeing your partial family together at last.

All my best,
Kerry

Denise C said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS, Steffie! Rejoicing with you!!!! Hugs and love to you, my sweet friend!

Special K said...

Congratulations! Such a happy day to finally have him in your arms.
Your family is complete. :)