Saturday, April 11, 2009

Touring China

The last two days, between paper work and touring China....to say the least...we are exhausted. Andrew continues to come out of his shell a little more each day. Below are jsut a few pictures of some of our sight seeing activities. The Great Wall, Cloisonne Factory, Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City and Hutong Tour.

P4090397

It was very hazy outside so this was the best I could do editing this picture.

P4100412

Two blondes surrounded by Chinese people. lol

P4100424

This picture is dedicated to my Pingjiang travel mates and my two older son's DJ and Duke! And this time I made sure that they understood NOT to take pictures! lol

P4100408

I just couldn't believe that I was standing here again. It was overwhelming for me.

P4096242

Of course we had to buy a few pieces of the beautiful Cloisonne. I can't wait to see the pieces I picked out at home.

P4106316

The Forbidden City. Again it was very hazy today. I'm hoping when I get home and get Lightroom, that I might be able to fix these pictures up a bit more.

P4106307

Emmie and a "cute" guard at Tiananmen Square. ;) People stopped and took her picture all day long . It's that blonde hair. They just stopped in their tracks to look at her. lol

P4106383

Just a lovely view ourside of The Forbidden City.

P4116388-1

Andrew loved the Hutong Tour. At The Forbidden City we got a lot of stares and comments. I can only imagine what the people were saying as they saw us with this beautiful little Chinese boy. At one point we had to surround his stroller to protect him. We had two women that wanted to touch him and they repeatedly tried to get too close even after we said no. Anytime Andrew lost my sight today, his eyes would well up with tears. He would hold his hand out for me to hold while David pushed the stroller along. He has bonded to me. I am so thankful.

P4116413

Daddy and his boy. Oh yes.....and last night as I got Andrew out of the tub, he was talking away to me in Chinese, but I heard it.....and it was the most beautiful word I could hear....Mama! ;)

25 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Stunning pictures. It makes me want to go back right now and do it all over again. Keep the pictures coming, friend. Love ya!!

kerri said...

I love following your journey, thanks for sharing steffi.
It is beautiful to see you and your son. :)
Happy Easter...

Courtney said...

Great pictures. I am glad the bonding is going so well.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love his little tongue sticking out in the last picture....I am so thankful to God in Heaven that he is beginning to trust you and fall in love with you!

P.S. Emmie is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello Stef,David, Emmie and Andrew:

I've been watching everything on your blog from my hotel in Amsterdam. Some of your cousins here are following the blog as well. Even guests in the hotel who see me alternate between big smiles and tears have looked over my shoulder to exclaim! I can't wait to see all of you. Safe travels,
Love to all of you,
Oma

Lisa said...

Steffie, it has been so fun following your journey! I love all of the pictures! I am so happy that Andrew has bonded with you. He is ABSOULUTELY adorable! I'm soooooooooo happy for you guys!!!

Andie said...

Steffie, words do not suffice! He is so beautiful, and seeing him in your arms makes my heart sing. I am so happy for you all. He is a blessing...and you are a blessing to him. May God grant you continued safe travels and beautiful bonding time.
Blessings-Andie

Charity said...

The journey has been wonderful to follow so far. I've loved seeing all the pics. And even better I love watching the transformation of Andrew into your beautiful family. Looking forward to tomorrow's Easter!!!! post.
Blessings,

Dita said...

OH how I am enjoying your journey, Steffie. Every single day I am waiting for your posts.

Looks like you are all in love!

Hugs from home.

Dita

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Love seeing all your pictures! Beautiful.

Lea
xo

redmaryjanes said...

Tears again, Mama. Sending so much love. I am hanging on your every word here and cannot wait until you come home. I wonder if Andrew would recognize Sophia's photo.

Diana said...

I read your last line and now am crying. He is just a beautiful little boy and he now has a wonderful family!! Happy Easter to ALL of you:)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what amazing pictures ... i am so glad things are going well ... it is an answer to many prayers ... i love you sister ... by the way, i have said how adorable Andrew is today!!

Mrs. S. said...

I am so happy for you all! I have followed your blog since your first trip to China (our Kate is 5 1/2 and from Chongquing China...light of our lives and could pass for your daughter's sister (according to Kate!)My heat has been aching for 5 yrs for another, but due to financial reasons (& husbands age) we will not be able to do it again...cherish every moment!
Lynn Schadler Wyomissing PA

Christi and Abbey said...

Loving all the photos, so beautiful. and Andrew is just gorgeous. Teary eyed reading about his attachment to you and calling you Mama. So sweet. His new life has begun!

Kristi said...

Dear friends, checking your blog several times a day as it takes us back to China as well! Love the dedication pic bringing smiles on our end! David is still a nut to get back on that animal and face the picture pushers! Your pics and posts have been such a highlight of our week! Keep those photos coming as we continue to pray for each of you in every way! Watching your wonderful story of love unfold before our eyes.

Missy said...

I couldn't be more happy for you, Steffie! Your dreams have come true. Andrew is perfect in every way. Seeing your pics of China makes me long to go back. Soak it up for all of us :) Love ya!

mommy24treasures said...

I am enjoying your every word of this beautiful journey. Praising God with you for the bond you and Andrew are beginning.
Love
Connie

Michelle R Photography said...

What beautiful pictures of your sightseeing and precious pic of you and Andrew. I bet his "mama" was just music to your ears!! I am also betting that you and Emmie are both rocks stars and get stopped in your tracks all day long. :)

BTW, in response to your question, our agency is saying we probably won't travel until August or September. I am still praying for earlier, but we shall see. We both know Who is in control!!

Emily said...

Hi Steffie--
I've been following your blog for awhile (through a friend of a friend in Nashville, although I currently live in Los Angeles). I *think* I've commented before, but can't remember. I usually read your blog on my Google Reader so I don't comment as often as I should! I've been in Galveston, TX this week working on a missions team and was unable to see your pictures. I could.not.wait to get back and see your gorgeous new son and pictures from your trip. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
With much love,
Emily Van Voorhis (Los Angeles, CA)

Sharyn said...

Hi, Steffie,

I am enjoying seeing Andrews tears turn to smiles - I can only imagine how it makes you feel. What a gift to hear him call you "Mama." It is such a bittersweet transition. So much lost and so much gained. However, it's all as it is supposed to be, all part of the plan. I love your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
I am sooo glad you are all doing well.
Hugs..
Glad Thing 1 and Thing 2 are well also.. but knew they would be..
Have fun..
love ya girly..

The Princess's Mommy said...

Steffie!

Your pictures are stunning. No editing needed! They look like something out of a magazine. I especially love the ones of Andrew and Emmie! They are both so beautiful!

Happy Easter!
Monica

Carla said...

Your pictures are GREAT!! I am so glad that Andrew is bonding with you! It is so sweet that he gets tears when he loses sight of you. It is sad that he is scared/nervous, but great that he recognizes you as MAMA!!! Such a sweet word

Blessings and Happy Easter,
Carla

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Steffie!! I have chills that he called you MAMA!!!!!