Today our tour was to The Temple of Heaven. It was a beautiful place where many of the older Chinese people go on a daily basis. There were beautiful trees and flowers down long pathways where one could sit and also do activities. There were people exercising and also
couples just dancing. As I looked at this older culture, I realized how simple their
life is and they seem to be so happy. You never see people just
dancing in the streets here.....ballroom style dancing and looking so
peaceful with one another. I find it quite sentimental. Perhaps we are
They have the most beautiful wooden benches and chairs in our lobby. We decided to get a picture this morning before we headed out for the day. As you can see, Andrew is smiling and really showing his personality more. We have been calling him by his Chinese name quite a bit and then saying Andrew after it. We were totally wrong in what we "thought" it sounded like before we got here. We thought is was more like "Roo-jang".....the spelling is Ruigang.....however it actually sounds like "Ray-gong". He seems to understand more of what we say to him then we think. Go figure....he is one smart little firecracker! ;)











12 comments:
What a beautiful family picture....
You have such a beautiful family.
I have recently done some reading on night terrors and found out that some children have them from being sleep deprived. If you let your little guy rest a little during the day, (even 20 mins) it should help. He might not actually fall sleep, but just resting or looking at books or listening to some soft music is very relaxing.
I'm sure you will figure out what is best for him. You are an awesome Mom.
I enjoy reading your blog which I found just recently.
congratulations!
What a great family picture!! I am sure you can't wait to get the rest of the family in there!
BTW, Natalie has a good point. Not sure if it applies to Andrew, but we have noticed that being tired or sick tended to trigger night terrors in Mia.
What a lovely picture of the four of you. It will be so nice to get Daniel and Sophia with you to complete the family. The Temple was definitely one of our favorite outings. Keep the pictures coming!!
Love the photos..
the one of the 4 of you is soooo BEAUTIFUL..
Love Andrew's smile..
Looks like things are going well.
Hugs..
So he is mart and handsome!!! That is a lethal combinations:) this is a beautiful shot of the four of you! I am glad that Andrew in attaching to you. I am praying for you all.
Love,
Kim
How did I forget about this site and these pics:)???? WOW...how beautiful!!! Thank you so much, Steffie, for all these precious reminders for all who continue to wait for their sweet babies and children waiting. And...for those of us who have journeyed to China in the past to hug our sweet babies and children home!!!
Continued blessings as you journey with Andrew home!!
Thank you!!! Thank you!!! AND...THANK YOU!!! :-)
Oh Steffie, I ahve been having big computer issues and I feel like I have missed everything. I did catch up on all of your post. I am so happy for all of you. Andrew is beautiful. God is awesome and you can see his work in all of you.
Love and blessings, Kristy
The first of many family pictures.... You have waited a long time for this....
Wendy
What a cutie!! That is a great family picture!!!
I had the same thoughts on our China trips....there is a happiness over there and a peacefulness that is different that what we experience. Even when you travel to the country and the families have very little material wise....lots of smiles. It really says something, doesn't it??
Thank you for sharing more about Andrew as we too are getting to know him through your blog posts and can pray more specifically for him as you all continue to bond. He is so handsome and smart. He sounds like my first born son as he too is perfectionist and very deep thinker.....having always seemed older than his biological years. I often referred to him as an old soul in a child's body. He turns 18 today and is the same today as when he was 3 like Andrew. May God continue to bless our friends the Beckering family!
amazing pictures ... love the picture at the end ... his smiles says so much !!!
Post a Comment