Dear Family and Friends,
I am just beyond exhausted today. I think it is finally catching up to me. The stress and preparations before the trip, the jet lag, the excitement of my last dream coming true and the fact that I think I am getting a cold. Even Andrew climbed into bed tonight... on his own and went to sleep. I tucked him in, said I love you, asked for a kiss and he was out like a light and I am not far behind him. David and Emmie went for a massage. We went to the Beijing Zoo
today and we are scheduled to go to the Summer Palace tomorrow.
So I will do a double post about that after we return from our outing.
These were two of my favorite pictures from







28 comments:
Get some rest girly..
The photos are BEAUTIFUL..
Have FUN.. can't wait to see the photos..
Hugs..
Oh Steffie it was bound to catch up with you...Lottie and I both had bronchitis in China. Emotionally, little Andrew must be terribly exhausted....and so must his Mommy. Huge Texas hugs my friend coming your way!
Praying you get some much needed rest, my friend. Beautiful pictures!
OH wow the pics are beautiful!!! Emmie is a budding photographer :) Keeping your family in my prayers..get some rest!
oh of course you are exausted. What a trip you have had....
I pray you have renewed strength.
These images are gorgeous.
Love
Connie
Beautiful photos!! Try to get some rest when you can. Take care.
Janet
Steffie,
Can't even begin to imagine how exhausted you must be. The emotions, the jet lag combined must be overwhelming.
You boy is beautiful.
Lea
xo
The photos are just beautiful Emmie, you're doing a great job with the pictures on this trip!
Steffie I know you can't wait to get home with Andrew and begin to get everyone in a routine, the cold really can't be helping. Sending hugs!
Wow...Emmie is a chip off the ole' photomama's block!
Get some rest and recharge!
Beautiful photos. Get some rest when you can. You need to take care of yourself. Love ya!!
Steffie, Please take care and rest. Beautiful images, they make me wish I was in China....
Dear Steffie, it is so hard to truly "rest" while in China as your time clock is so out of sorts, being away from home and eating different things for so long, and staying on the go so much! I was thinking about you as I had a chiro appt. this morning and I am hoping your neck, back, teeth clenching and headaches are all at bay. I will pray specifically for your rest and health as well as the rest of the Beckering crew. Trusting the most "tense" days are behind you at this point and everything else from here be all downhill!
Hang in there, Steffie. The trip is amazing, wonderful, thrilling and just plain hard. Hugs to you.
I hope you are getting some good rest. It is so hard, because I think we just run on adrenaline for so long and then crash hard. At least I know I do. I pray you will wake up rejuvinated and feeling well!!
Get as much rest as you can my friend. Things are going to be busy at home too with two little ones waiting for you. I pray for your every night. And I miss know that you are here if I need you. When do you come home?
i will take a nap for you and give you one of my hours of sleep.
Praying for God's healing for you and that He gives you extra strength to finish you time over there. Love the pics.
Steffie,
I hope you are able to get some good rest. I am SO looking forward to seeing you all on tomorrow! Things are better here...step by step...thanks for your words of support...you have such beautiful pictures of your handsome Andrew!
I actually missed some pretty big stuff tour-wise in China because I didn't feel well and needed the rest, so I had room-time with our newest addition while the hubby and big kids toured about!
I even missed the Pearl River Cruise..but had some nice quiet time with my new son. I personally think it's okay to have "room time" :)
Take it easy...I also know that you want to experience everything while you're there, so it's challenging. May the Lord make your rest deep and refreshing.
Blessings,
Holly
What a beautiful pic of Andrew, all the spectaular pics of Beijing....keep the memories & rest up.
Praying you find rest...exhaustion is the one thing that we as mommas just cannot prepare for.
Love you and keeping you all in my prayers.
It is a very tiring trip, for sure! I pray you can get some rest, which I know is not easy. Take good care!!
Hi Steffie!
Sorry to hear your tired, getting sick, and a little blue..:( Don't be afraid to take a day off, Stef, even if it means missing one of the site visits. Your health is very important now, (always but you don't want to get down in the dumps from being too tired!)
Take care, sweetie!
Love,hollym.
Beautiful pic, Emmie!
I just love that you are sharing your journey with the world. How amazing and touching. Mr. Andrew is so adorable. You can just see the joy in his eyes that you and your family have given him...priceless. What a true blessing. Try to relax and take care of yourself! Can't wait for more pics and updates, as I follow along. Again, thanks for sharing!
~April
Great Picture Emmi!
Sorry you are tired. Hope you have gotten some much needed rest!!!!
Hugs!
Keisha
i am sure you are exhausted sister ... so many emotions, so much change, and it has to be surreal that you finaly have him in your arms ... try to rest !!
love ya and praying each day
I've been following your journey while in China and am saying a prayer for you tonight that God gives you rest tonight and strength for tomorrow.
My husband and I are soon to be starting this adventure you are currently on. We received our referral 4/3/09 for our daughter who is in Guizhou. Our tentative travel dates are June4-18th. I really appreciate all your thoughts and experiences you have shared here and I am learning much from you.
Thank you and God bless,
Mardi
laurensjourneyhome.blogspot.com
Hang in there my dear...Soon you will be home with your other two sweetie's... Then the fun will truly begin..
Wendy
Post a Comment