I need to back this post up by one day prior to "the call." I got an email from a friend asking me if I had seen these two particular "waiting boys" on my agencies list. I had not, and I immediately looked at them and sent my SW an email requesting to view their files. Next Day..... As I was heading out for the day, I decided to bring my lap top with me in case my SW did indeed call me about these two files. I had a "To DO" list but figured I could swing into Panera Bread to view them if she called me. I was in Marks Photo Shop, looking at a new camera when the phone rang at 11:47 am. I saw that it was my agency but had no idea what she would say. She asked me if I could talk, if I was driving, asked where I was and so on. She is always so worried, bless her heart! So I told her where I was and she said "well you need to call me back right away because I have a referral for you." I scream, "You do, no way...what....really... it's not one of the boys or a file from the 27 files you have???????????" She says "No, we were able to match you off of the COP Portal." I think the next words out of my mouth were "Oh my gawd, I think I am going to throw up." Is it a boy or girl?" "Boy" she says. I was so relieved. Because since October, when we sent our revised letter in stating that we would except either gender, I think we have all been mentally prepping for a boy. We realized the God doesn't just say to bring home the orphan girls....He calls us to bring home the orphans. So, back to throwing up....lol. Both men in the Photo Shop immediately head to get me a waste paper basket. lol I tell her I will wrap up my sale and call her as soon as get into the Mama Machine. I then inform the salesmen, that I have known for a very long time that I am ok and explain my situation. He is thrilled.
So, I get into the car and call her. She tells me his birthday and his SN and asks if we would like to proceed and see his file. I say YEEEEEESSSSSSS! So she tells me that she will call the home office and let the head girl there who is doing the matching (no names can be given, sorry) that we are indeed interested. I tell her how I have my lap top with me and we both get a giggle out of that. I have NEVER brought my lap top just "out and about", with me before. NEVER! My next call is to David and then to some friends. At this point I am just shaking and I head to Panera Bread. I walk in there, with my computer and Blackberry in hand, feeling "oh so techy" with all the other computer geeks there and place my order and head to my seat right by the fireplace. I am emailing frantically between two friends while waiting and trying to call Gwen in TN as well. I knew it could take some time to get the file because I was told they were trying to match several families from this new release of children. I'm on the phone with Gwen when my SW calls. Poor Gwen, I think I said I've got another call because I saw the number and I hung up on her. Sorry girl....I'm sure you understand. lol My sw was calling to tell me she has confirmed her email and her voice mail did get to the head girl to hold the file for us but that she had not got the file via email yet. I laugh and tell her where I am and that I am just "WAITING.......JUST WAITING LIKE ALWAYS." We both just laugh at the tone of my voice and the whole waiting game that the adoption journey is!
Finally at 1:40 pm the file comes through. My hands are shaking badly. I scroll down to see my boy, my hand comes over my mouth, I let out a little gasp because I must tell you that he is just stunningly handsome. And what is even more uncanny is that he looks so much like Sophia. Their eyes, nose and lips. He took my breath away. I closed my eyes and just began to cry. There I was staring into the face of a child I have waited so long for. My last dream come true to complete my life and family. Another part of this journey that is finally here for my family to embrace. The sibling I thought Sophia would need so badly. A connection, a bond, another story for her to understand as part of her life. The brother I had prayed for, for Daniel. And Emmie's dream come true to bring home one more precious gift from China.
After I pulled myself together, I sent his picture to Daddy and Emmie on their cell phones. David called me right away and Emmie called after school and was screaming over the phone in disbelief. I think most of the entire freshmen class heard the news. I cried most of the way home. Tears of joy, tears of relief, tears of sorrow for having doubt at times, but mostly tears of joy for my last dream is coming true...... I got "The Call."






72 comments:
What a great story to tell your little man when he grows up. Please continue to pray for an LOA in Jan. We are beginning wk. 18 today. It was supposed to be 12....oh well that is the life of an international adopter.
I am so happy for you friend.
shelley
I can't believe I have missed this!!!!! I know it was only yesterday but oh my goodness...oh my goodness...oh my goodness!!!! I am over the moon for you!!! I have needed some wonderful news this week, God is amazing....He is faithful....He is so full of grace!
I can't wait to see his precious little face...I love you sweet friend!
Crying tears of joy for you!!! I love the story!! Can you give us his age at least...just wondering where he fits in with Sophia and Daniel : )
I love that you were all techy....
Uhhh....by the way..that is my comment that says Gregory Byrd...I didn't realize he signed in...xxxooo
I love this post!!! So sweet and so perfect. I cannot wait to see this little man that is completing your family. What a blessing he will be!!!
Tears of joy reading this, what a beautiful post!!
I am over the moon happy for you!!I can't wait to see pictures of this handsome little man. :)
Congratulations again Steffie and everyone....I am crying tears of joy for you..just reading this pulled at my heartstrings..how touching and special that your dream has come true. A sweet little boy to complete your beautiful family...can't wait to hear more about your new son..have you chosen a name yet?
Had to log into hubby's computer to read this and to shed many tears of joy for YOU! I am so happy for you. Now, I want to see his little face. Can you e-mail it or is that a no no? What is the process now? So exciting!!!! Congrats!!!!
Kim
An incredible story Steffie...just amazing!! I am so happy for you.....when do you think you will travel?? OMG, can you believe you will be going to China...and SOON!!! Start packing my friend:)
Lisa
So I'm at work right now and I should have not read this at work....I'm shaking and crying and happy and overwhelmed and everything else! I'm SOOOO happy for you my friend! :) I can't wait to hug another sweet Beckering baby!
BEAUTIFUL!!!! You have me crying (& I am at work!!!) What a blessing. It'll be a fun story to tell your son one day. I can't wait to hear more. This is sooooo exciting.
Any idea about how far from review we are? I've seen the rumors - maybe we are already THROUGH the review room. Praying that is the case, so you can travel quicker.
Congratulations on your referral! I am soooo excited for your entire family. I can't wait to see his sweet face!
What a joyful post. I got all teary reading it. I am so thrilled for your family. I want to hear more and I really want to see more ;-)
so happy for you... truly happy. For your entire beautiful family...
Steffie-thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I felt like I was right there with you! You got me all misty-eyed too. Can't wait to see your handsome little man!!!
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations! Blessings, Wendy
Congratulations!!!!!! SO exciting!!
I had chills just reading about your call. It brings back memories from our call (for Ty).
So happy for you guys! Blessings!!!!!
It couldn't have happened ANY better. It's just too wonderful and your descriptions and play-by-play is perfect to share with him later. I pray that your PA, LOA, TA and CA move very quickly. The end of March and April is a wonderful time to travel...hee hee. Love ya!!
Oh Steffie!!! I am so happy for you!!! What an amazing story. I'm all teary sitting here! :o)
I can't wait to follow your journey!!
Congratulations!!
I am sitting her with tears reading your post. What an amazing story to tell your son. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so excited to see his little face & follow another amazing journey!!!!
Terri
Oh, Steffie. I am just so, so happy for you!!! What a perfect story. I just can't wait to see your precious little guy.
Now I'M crying on my laptop! I'm so, so happy for all of you! Thank you for sharing that story with all of us! Now hurry up PA and TA!! (remember that saying back in 2005 on the Yahoo board?)
Thank you for sharing your story...I can so relate to waiting for the file to come per email, as the same happened to me with Will. And Dan was out of town for work. I'm so happy for you Steffie and know you are on cloud 9! Can't wait to see your little man and find out how old he is.
You are going to China girl!
I have tears hearing this..my youngest was on the COP list from your agency but from Korea:)
AND he is perfect..(perfectly rotten, perfectly adorable and a perfect match for us:)
I am sooo happy for you!!!!
What a great story. I of course, am a lurker. I live through everyone else, until my life comes together. Your story is just amazing and I cannot wait to read more.
I am SO excited to read your news. I have been waiting anxiously with you as you waited for the call and am so excited for you and your sweet little boy!!! Congrats! Let us know some details about him when you are off of cloud nine :)
Beautiful story and now it is documented for posterity. I cannot wait to see the handsome face behind that Star!
This is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you and your family! Can't wait to see the handsome little guy. Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you,Steffie, and I'm crying, tears of joy, of course!!:)
Congratulations to you all!
Cant wait to see how old he is! This may sound dumb, but what is a COP Portal list?? I am a Regional Director for Great Wall China Adoption and never heard of it! LOL Learn something new every day!
This is such a beautiful post, Steffie!! I am just so very happy for you and am thankful to be able to follow you along on this journey to your new little guy! Can't wait to see his precious face!!!!
Such a beautiful story! I love those calls and how meaningful they are. I still remember ours with Gabby. Hoping to have another one in due time...
Hugs to you,
Jody
Oh....this one made me remember our "call". I had the same problem. Tears. Shaking. Freaking out. Ahhhh...it was perfect, wasn't it?
Have I mentioned how happy I am for you? :-)
Congrats!!! I just read this post...and cried...AND I don't even know you :) I have read your blog since last summer as we too are waiting for our little girl from China (LID 3/6/07) and was a comfort to know we were not alone in the frustrations and hopes! I do hope you will be posting on your journey (as best you can)!! So happy for you and your family!
Beth
http://ourjourney2kazakhstan.blogspot.com/
What a lovely summation of your incredible day. Brings back so many memories of our waits for "the calls" --
now, if you could just post a little picture for us to enjoy...(I know, I know, you can't).
Did you get my Tuesday email with phone numbers & contact info in it?
Congratulations! It's about time! :)
"THE CALL" has given me tears and chills.
I am so happy for you and your family.
Lea
xo
Oh Steffie! That is so amazing! I am so happy for all of you!
Such a great story!!! I love that you got all techie!
Hugs,
Noemi
What a special referral story!!
Keep smilin!
Ahh, Steffie, it is like I was sitting right in Panera's with you!!! Thank you so much for sharing the "call"....I have received three of those in my blessed life, and, yet, I still shiver when I hear or read or see some one who is opening up their precious Miracle!!!
Here is what is so cool, as I sat reading your beautiful post, I was struck by the "wait"....it is long, it is painful, it is just plain HARD!!! At times it brings JOY along the journey and other times it totally breaks you and brings you to your knees.
I believe in reading your words, that the "wait" is sorta/kinda similar to our wait to see our Home in Heaven with Jesus. AND, imagine how hard it is for our Father to wait to see and hold us. It seems the journey to our children here on earth might hold many similarities to our journey Home!!! How blessed are we in the "wait"!!!!!
I have and will continue to wait with you....praying your sweet Son home with all!!!!!
I felt like I was right there with you at the fireplace at Panera. I can't wait to find out all the details and see his sweet little face!
So happy for you!
Oh my goodness, CONGRATS!!!! I have tears in my eyes!! I can't wait until I can see his picture!!!
I am SOOOO Happy with you!
Debbie
Praise God!!! That is such an awesome story!!! I love it! I am so happy for you guys! It just all came together so perfectly! Congrats my friend, Now, can't wait to follow yout journey!
(Just like Kim I can't read your blog on my I-mac, I had to copy and paste to read it...no biggy but just an fyi)
Oh my! I thought that he was one of the 2 that you told me about! What a wonderful story. SO glad you shared that AND now you have it written down for his records too. Blogging is great that way. Love how you put him in the header with a star over his face.Very clever!
Tears in my eyes..... goosebumps on my arms... thankfulness and joy in my heart! Thank You Jesus for "THE" Call...
God's Speed
Oh my goodness, pictures please!!LOL.
I'm so excited, I am lurking this site on the hour, LOL.
Hugs Steffie...
I'm vryingtoo now! LOL
We are so happy for you....over the moon happy for the whole family.
Hurry up PA I need to the boy.
How wonderful!! Congrats!!
Oh my gosh Steffie, by the end of this you had me in tears too. This is so wonderful; I could not be more thrilled for your family, this little boy is loved so much already. I so hope you receive LOA and TA SOON!! Hugs, Julia
I have been lurking on your blog for a while now and I finally feel like I need to leave a comment to say congrats!!!! When I pulled up your blog yesterday my breath was instantly taken away! What an amazing and awesome God! My prayer yesterday for your family was simple....Thank you God!
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the little man your heart has been longing for.
This is so great. The awesome thing (aside from your hysterical story telling and almost throwing up ;-) is that it gives so much hope to those of us ENDURING the wait. It makes me think that really someday my turn will come. It happened for Steffie...
Huge CONGRATS! Can't wait to see his sweet face!
Adrienne in TX
LID 4-20-07
YAY!!! Congratulations!!! Whoohoo! So very happy for you and your family!!!
He is so very handsome....your Sophia can marry Eli if my Sophia can marry your sweet prince! Call me, I left a message on your cell phone.
Oh Steffie! I am crying tears of joy for you. What a sweet story!
Blessings,
Monica
Okay, I'm crying. And I'm live on the air. Radio personality. It doesn't help that Darius Rucker's "It Won't Be Like This for Long" is on the air. Congratulations, and I'm so happy that this dream came true for you.
Made me cry ...but in a good and happy for you way. Anxious to hear more and of course to see pictures of your handsome boy.
Roberta N from Ohio
LID 5-18-06
I am sooooo happy for you and your family!! I love the humor God has and how He nudged you to bring your computer along with you!! I love Panera and was totally visualizing the whole scene! ; )
Can't wait to see his beautiful face!!!!!!!!!
Praise the LORD!
What a beautiful story. I love how he just brings all the loose ends together and makes one big connection for each child. He is perfect.
I'm so happy for you I could burst. I will type more later.{{{hug}}}}
I was just grinning thru this whole thing because I could TOTALLY PICTURE YOU every step of the way...in the camera shop, in panera, with your laptop, joking with your SW - AHHHHHH!!!! How exciting!
And, by the way, your little man took my breath away too...he is perfect in every way.
CONGRATS! Here's 2009 and a wonderful God who is faithful to us, and the sweet desire(s) of our heart.
XO
What wonderful news! I've been following your blog for a while now- maybe a year. I am so happy for you and the rest of the family. What ever happened with Emmie's headaches? I must have missed an update...Congratulations!
Holy Cow! I had no idea you were waiting for another child!!! What an amazing story and such a blessing you get to see his face and know you will have him soon. This is just fabulous news and I couldn't be happier for you and all of your family. I'll be looking foward to more updates and following along on your journey to get him!
I am sooooo happy for you..
Love this story..
How exciting..
that new camera will come in handy in China...
Love ya girly..
Oh my goodness! Congrats!! I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to follow your journey!
Congrats to you and your family. Do you know when you will be going back to China? What a wonderful story.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am shocked - I had no idea this took place until I saw the stuff on FB! I am sooo happy for you and your family Stef. A sweet little boy!! How fabulous! I can't wait to see his sweet face.
What a great story! I just signed on to get updates from your blog. I look forward to following your journey to your precious son. Hopefully, I'll be sharing my referral story soon.
Hugs!
Tears of pure joy here! So happy for all of you.
Wow, I clung onto every word your wrote! So exciting (sorry I am so late) - Congratulations!!
Alyzabeth's Mommy
I have been so out of blogging for a while and am just now catching up so I missed this.
I am so incredibly happy for you!!!!! I am keeping you and your entire family in my prayers. Can't wait to see pictures of the handsome prince!!!!
Post a Comment