On Wednesday, September 3rd at 8pm, Emmie will be going in for CAT Scan of the brain and sinuses. She has still been having terrible headaches and there are days she appears to be very pale. I have given her volleyball coach the head ups and she has plugged all the necessary phone numbers into her cell phone in case there is an emergency at practice. I will be attending all of her games. At this point she has been cleared to play. I am just praying that perhaps this is just all a hormonal thing and that it is nothing serious. She may have to be given something for the headaches. Her comment to my friend the other day was "I'm just use to the pain now"......no, sorry honey......you shouldn't be use to the pain of a constant headache. We have had her vision checked and I am doing my best to make sure she eats several times a day. With school starting today it will be a little harder......I plan on making sure she has food everyday before practice and games. Please keep her in your prayers and I will let you know when we hear the results. It is so hard for me to see my girl not feeling well. I love her so much! Today my baby is going into
High School....why do I feel like I am throwing her to the wolves? My stomach is turning! I'm not very happy about this day, but I know that she is spreading her wings once again and although I need to guide her, I need to let her fly.
I love you....my precious Lulu! XOXO






48 comments:
Oh Steffie, Emmie will be in my prayers, I hope they can get a diagnosis for her headaches soon and then treatment.
I can remember very well when my oldest started high school. Ugh. I was a mess, it all works out. Emmie is a wonderful girl and will do amazing I'm sure!!!!
:) Gail
You can count me praying for the both of you. Have a blessed day and try to relax while she is at school. As silly as it sounds I kinda felt the same way sending PG off to K for the first time last week! lol! ; )
I will continue to hold Emmie in my prayers. I pray its nothing serious.
Love
Connie
You and Emmie will be in my prayers and thoughts. High school...a new chapter! I remember feeling the same way when Ryan started High School. He is now a senior and I still feel the same way! :)
Please take care,
Dawn
Hey Steffie,
I feel your pain on both issues. I hope that the doctors get to the bottom of things soon.
As far as high school, I think this is just another important step in the way life is suppose to be. Any other way would be tragic. She has had a fantastic up bringing and she will do well. I am sure she will be outstanding.
Have a good day mommy!
Lea
xo
I am so sorry to hear that Emmie is still in so much pain. I hope you get answers soon. Praying for her.
WIll be praying for her health and that you get answers soon
I hope you finally get some answers. It's so hard to see our children unwell. Prayers are heading your way. Hugs.
She's going to have a great day and meet some new people. I think high school will be great for her. It will give her the opportunity to meet some new people and offer some distance from the ones who caused problems in her past.
I will be praying for a clear cat scan. Please let me know as soon as you hear anything.
Love you guys!
I am sorry your daughter is in such pain and I hope you find a cause that has an easy answer to ease all of your hearts and minds.
I know what you mean about throwing your child to the wolves - I have two girls one in 4th and one in 6th and this is only the second year in a public school. It's been an adjustment and I wonder each day if I'm doing the right thing.... oh can't we just protect them all the time?
Thinking of you and Emmie will be in my thoughts and prayers...
When KyLee went off to high-school about 4 weeks ago.. I was sooo scared she wouldn't like it.. it is a whole different world..
But she came home and it was the BEST.. she is involved in sooo many clubs and is having the time of her life..
It has made her reach out and open her wings..
Emmie will do the same.. She will come home today and be on cloud 9...
Keep us informed...
Hugs..
Love ya girly..
Stef, I will lift Emmie up in prayer that all goes well today at school. I know she will do GREAT!!!
You know I will be thinking of your sweet girl and her CAT scan. Please keep us posted
{{HUGS}}}
I continue to pray for your Emmie's health. And yes, sending your daughter to high school is so, so hard.....I remember!
Praying that the tests all come back normal! I hope that Emmie has a great first day of HS...I know that entering HS is a big step for our kids AND for us moms!
Have a great day!!
I bet it is so hard as her Momma to see her in so much pain. I pray that she will get better and that whatever is causing the pain can be easily treated. I will pray for you as well.
I am praying that this school year will be absolutely wonderful for Miss Emmie!
Love,
Adele
I send you positive thoughts and prayers for your sweet "big" girl.
I hope her first day in high school is awesome!
Sending up some prayers from SD! (for the headaches and for her first year of high school)
Praying for you!
I pray they find an answer quickly....no one should have to endure that kind of pain....I will keep her in my prayers!
I was up all night too, Nick's first day of 5th Grade...I get nervous every year...he was in tears last night because his summer of fun....is over!
Keep us posted....beautiful picture of your precious girl!
Lisa
We will continue to keep Emmie in our thoughts and prayers, no one should ever get used to pain , ever!
I hope she has a wonderful first day, it was Jen's first day of Grade 1, I cried all the way home as Superman laughed at me, what a meanie, LOL!!
I am so sorry Emmie is still having pain and you don't have any answers yet. I am praying for you and Emmie!
Sheryl
ps. I have a "LuLu" too! :-)
Mr.Brian got the vapors as he read this.I could never imagine a parents pain and worries for their child.And sending her to High School......Hmmmmm just seems a shame she keeps getting older.We know she will do fine and lets hope the nasty, snotty, mean,little _______ (you fill in the blank) have grown up and will not be so ugly twards her this year.
Please know I will be praying for our dear sweet Emmie.
It's strange how after a while though we've never met I still feel such a closeness to you and your family.Mr.Brian may need to visit to slap a few heads around if kids keep up the stuff they did last year.
Yeah,Yeah I know I will have to wait in line behind mom,dad and her older brothers.LOLOLOLOL
Love you friend.
Mr.Brian.
OH and btw I guess it means if emmie is getting older so is her------------dad.And you thought I was going to say mom....Im not that dumb.LOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Praying for Emmie!! I sent my baby to high school this year too... it isn't an easy thing for us moms, is it?! Keep us posted on Emmie's results...
Praying that Emmie will be well soon...that the doctors will be able to pinpoint what the trouble is...
ill be praying too, please keep us posted.
Hugs
xxx
s
What a stunning photo of your beautiful Emmie. The background scenery couldn't be more perfect for this photo. I will pray they can find what's triggering her headaches and that it is nothing serious.
BTW, did you get my two emails a few days ago? I just wanted to make sure they didn't end up in spam.
I will keep Emmie in my prayers. I suffer from migraines and I have had them since I was a teenager. I finally started taking imitrex after years of suffering and it does help me a lot! Please let us know how she does during the test.
I remember very well the day my oldest son went off to high school. I was proud and scared all at once. It's a huge milestone. : ) Hang in there mommy....{{{hug}}}} thinking about you.
No worries Steffie, I'm sure just a routine check to make sure all is well. I feel for you right now as I went through an MRI scan last year. Be strong for her and I'll be praying for her.
LOVE the new look..
You always do good work..
Hugs..
I bet Emmie had a wonderful first day...
I will be saying some prayers for you all! The picture of Emmie sunbathing is beautiful! I love the new look and I can READ your blog now!!! I'm not having those issues anymore!!! : )
I have a very thin friend like your daughter who suffered headaches too. You may already know the answer but do have them test her for diabetes too. Since my friend didn't look like someone with diabetes (ie weight gain food issues Idon'tknow) it took them 8 years to figure out that she was diabetic. The only true symptom she had was headaches and sometimes low blood sugar if she didn't eat all day. Hope it all goes well for her.
I'll keep your sweet Emmie in my thoughts and prayers. What a treasure your girl is ... a true blessing!
Sometime's the not knowing is far worse then THE knowing.. I hope the test will shed some light on what the problems might be or might not be..
Thinking of you and your family
Wendy
Steffie, Wishing the best results and praying for you all:)
Kim
Hoping everything went well today, also been praying for Emmie and your family, Steffie.
Steffie, I am praying for Emmie!! Let us know what the results are!
Debbie
Steffie, I am praying for Emmie!! Let us know what the results are!
Debbie
Praying for your Emmie....
I hope everything went well!
I hope you get some answers. Praying for you guys over here! Hope school went well too! It is soooo hard to keep letting go, and letting go...
you know I am praying for Emmie ... I love that girl like my own ... I now she can handle anything and I am glad you are doing the further testing... text me when you get news ...
give her hugs from me ... when is her fall break ???
Stylin' new digs, love the new page.
Hope your having a wonderful week, xo.
Will say a prayer for your daughter and you, my 17yr old son had similair headaches his freshman year and I was constantly taking medicine to school. He would have them so bad he would feel faint and alot of the times throw up. After a CAT scan and MRI cleared anything serious we saw an allergist and since starting on medicine for allergies his headaches have completely gone. Hang in there I remember how scared I was waiting...
Just checking to see if you have heard anything from Emmie's tests yesterday. Big hugs and prayers!
I was just stopping by to see how Emmie is? Hope her test went well. I'm sending big hugs your way.
Oh Stef, this has got to be so hard on you...please let us know how Emmie's tests went.
Praying you (finally) get some answers.
XO
Hi Steffie,
Praying for Emmie and you that everything will turn out fine on the CAT scan.
High School can be scary. Just know that you have raised her with good moral values and self confidence. I am sure she will be true to herself and not be swayed by others.
Hugs,
Jody
Praying all checks out well. My Wesley who is now 17 had two years of migraines off and on when he was 12/13. He couldn't eat and would need to get in a dark room for hours at a time. Also had a lot of mild head aches. We tried different things, mostly treating symptoms and even a preventive type med. but they finally went away on their own. He hasn't had a migraine for several years now. I think his was partly hormonal with all the physical changes going on at that time. Scott also has a history of migraines so it is very possible they may return for Wesley but thankful for the absence of them now. Sounds simple, but also make sure about water intake. Not other drinks but water as Wesley had a tendency not to drink enough water and that made things worse.
Post a Comment