Monday, August 18, 2008

High School Bound

P8093511
I can hardly believe that Emmie is going into High School in just a few short weeks. It seems like she was my only baby just yesterday. She has a huge academic class load. Three advanced classes. I know she'll do well. She made the Freshmen Volleyball team
and is so excited. So am I....I love watching her play sports. P8093515
We are currently taking applications for the Body Guard position for her. lol
Heaven help anyone who tries anything with her!!!! ;)

P8093512

Emmie's heart test came back fine, however, she is still having major headaches so I do not believe we are out of the woods yet. It's just a matter of ruling things out at this point. We will be going in for more blood work and another appointment with her Doctor soon. I think the next step is an MRI. She has not passed out again, but has felt like it several times. We also have an eye appointment before school starts. Her vision is not good and always seems to change at least every six months. As a Mom, I worry. I worry so much about my girl even though she probably doesn't think so. I just find this so odd. She has been such a healthy child. I'll keep you posted...thank you for the emails and comments asking about her. It amazes me how much people remember from blogs posts..... ;)

Hugs....

Oh....and boat trip pictures will be coming once I get them uploaded and edited. ;)

35 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my she is such a beautiful girl. It seems that goes inside and out! Of course we worry. We are moms. And, of course she is great, look at the mom she has.

Have a good week Steffie!

Lea
xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

You'd never know that Emmie has been experiencing health issues. She's stunning. She has a beautiful summer glow about her. Keep us posted on her MRI. Hugs.

Shelly and Family said...

Here's to the kick-off of HS for Emmie! Can't wait to see your photos from the weekend...I am sure you guys had a blast!

Kate said...

Beautiful pictures of your lovely girl. I am so sorry she continues to have health issues...prying for a clean bill of health...and that she will feel well soon!!

I can see why she's the light of your life!

Kate

Nikki said...

Emmie is gorgeous - I still can't believe how much she has changed since we were all in China. Wow. Yeah, you WILL be needing a bodyguard I'm quite sure.

I do hope you get the issues with her health resolved, so she can enjoy her highschool days without that added stress.

Hope you had a wonderful time on your boat trip.
Love ya!

Kim said...

It is amazing how our babies grow up sooo fast..
Emmie is sooo pretty..
KyLee started her freshman year and she was a little scared but the first day she came home and LOVED it..
There are sooo many clubs and fun stuff in high-school..
Glad to hear that Emmie's heart test came back okay..
Been thinking of her... it is scary when you child is not feeling well..
Hugs girly..
Can't wait to see the boating pictures..
Have a Great Week..

Debbie said...

Emmie is simpley gorgeous!! I think you need a body guard!!
I am glad to hear the heart test came back good but I know as her mommy you do worry, I know I do!!

Debbie

Adele said...

Yep, you will need a bodyguard for her. She is just gorgeous. Those pics are absolutely stunning. She is so beautiful. I love her outfit too!! I will pray that Miss Emmie has a wonderful year at high school. Congrats on making the volleyball team. I bet we see her on the Olympics one day. :)
Have a great week! Can't wait to see the boating pics.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Emmie is so beautiful, I hope everything turns out ok healthwise.

~Amy~ said...

That girl gets more and more goregous everytime i see her! I can't wait to see you Friday! :) xoxo

Kayce said...

Gosh, I remember when you were sending her off to 7th grade when I first started reading your blog! Congrats to Emmie for making the volleyball team, that's great! Thanks for keeping us updated with her health. You're in my thoughts.

day by day said...

Hi Steffie!

These pictures of Emmie are sooo pretty! So glad to hear her tests have came back normal, although I know us Moms always worry a bit that something undetected is going on. Please keep us posted on the rest of her test results.

Ryan starts HS next week, too!

Have a great day!

Keri said...

My son had the same symptoms. You should e-mail me and I will tell you more. We found out what he has and it has been so easily managed and he is doing great. So far all the tests they have done on your daughter they did on my son too and they all showed nothing either.

Keri

Diana said...

She is a BEAUTIFUL girl..I have a freshman this year also:-)
I will have to show him this post!!!
Could her headaches be hormonal?
Hope your weekend was FUN!!

Kristi said...

Great pics of Emmie! Praying for her health and healing.

Inga said...

Emmi is a beautiful girl and best wishes on High School :). My sisters son when he was that age, had to have new glasses pretty often. His vision changed alot and I think still does. But, I do wish for good health for her.

Ashley said...

I hope Emmie has a GREAT time in high school! :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm praying that the docs find some reason for those headaches! And that it's a problem they can solve with no difficulty. In the mean time, I wish Emmie the best in high school! :-)

Mr.Brian said...

So happy to hear an update.I will continue to uplift all of you in prayer.

And I will sleep so much better now knowing that BF is Best friend and not boy friend.This old mans heart did a couple extra beats thinking mom was letting her take a boyfriend along.LOLOLOLOL
Can tell I am out of the loop with kids and such.
But I think maybe mom and dad will be needing medication when she has her first date.LOLOLOL
Zanax and wine should do the trick.

JulieM said...

Oh she is so beautiful!! What an exciting time ... as a mom I can't even imagine all the feelings. It was hard enough sending my little on of to kdg this morning. I know all too soon in will be high school!! Hope she has a wonderful year!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is such a beautiful girl....one bodyguard...I think you might need two!!!!

I am glad to hear the heart test went well, please keep us posted as they rule things out....I am sure it is so frustrating not to have some sort of diagnosis.

They grow so quickly don't they!

Lia

Anonymous said...

Hi! I happened upon your blog when visiting a friends site and I haven't ever commented on your blog - but check in every once in a while. I am now 27, but during my high school years I had many of the same symptoms that your Emmie is experiencing - headaches being the worst. My diagnosis was finally complications with my scoliosis and now (after many treaments including surgery about 3 years ago) I am doing really well. I hope that everything works out and I just encourage you to be diligent until your heart is relieved. I know that I owe a lot to my parents that just wouldn't accept "we don't know" for an answer! You family and especially Emmie will be in my prayers, and I wish you all health and happiness.

Ashley

jennifer said...

What great pictures! She is beautiful. I hope everything goes well with the MRI. I wish you lived here, that's what Richard's company does. We could get you some extra special treatment :)

Denise C said...

OH Steffie....your baby girl is absolutely GORGEOUS! Look that those beautiful eyes!
What a precious young woman you have raised so beautifully!
So strong in her faith...and sets such a good example for all those around her!
She is a leader filled with strength from God!
I am so proud of your sweet girl...please tell her for me!
As for the body guard...well...I do believe you are going to need an army! ;)
Love you,
Denise

Elise said...

High school for our oldest was such a better experience than middle school....I wish my youngest could just skip her last year of middle school and move on to high school!

Emmie is such a beautiful girl and you will definately have to keep a close eye since the boys will be swarming around her in high school;) Especially watch out for those older ones!

I pray that you get all the answers you need on her headaches and such. It is so hard to see our kids not feel well and not being able to find a quick fix.

Enjoy your last couple weeks of summer!

mommy24treasures said...

She is SO beautiful. A lovely girl inside and out... I am so sorry its taking so long to find a conclusion for her symptoms. I am keeping her in my prayers.

Michelle R Photography said...

Steffie,
Emmie is just so beautiful!! And the best part, from your posts, she sounds as beautiful on the inside as she does the outside. These are fantastic photos.

I'm glad that her heart test came back fine. But I'm sorry the doctors aren't able to pinpoint her problem. I have been a lifetime sufferer of migraines and headaches without any known cause, so I pray that you find a cause for hers.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am thankful the heart test came back okay and I am still praying for her. I don't think we ever stop worrying. My Elisabeth went back to college this week , it is only an hour away from our home, but I call her every day. I'm not sure what is more difficult...being the Mommy of a toddler or a teenager. It's a toss up for sure!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Emmie is so beautiful : ) High school years are the best! I loved going to the high school football games and getting involved with my boys. Steffie you will have so much fun at Emmie's volleyball games. Please tell Emmie to continue to get involved...high school will be a blast. Please wish Emmie much love and happiness as she enters a new chapter in her life. : ) I hope her headaches get better. Could it be migraines? I suffer from migraines and they are awful. I take imitrex for them and it helps. My son got bad headaches when he was Emmie's age but they have gone away. A lot of his was stress.
Hugs to you and thank you for the warm thoughts regarding my mom.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

she needs more than a body guard ... lol ... she is beautiful inside and out ... you know i love her and pray for her all the time ... i will text her today and check in ... miss you!!

redmaryjanes said...

I am glad to hear that she is ok. Perhaps she has some type of food allergy.

Jewels of My Heart said...

She is so beautiful............... I am glad her test came back ok. I know you worry.
Big Hug Friend

D & S said...

I hope Emmie starts to feel better soon. It's so scary when our loved ones aren't feeling well.

sheryl said...

She is such a beautiful girl. I hope that she is feeling better and you get some answers soon.

I hope her first year of high school is a great one too. My oldest also started high school last week. He is loving it, I am still processing it!

Thank you for your kind words yesterday - they meant so much.

Sheryl

Denna said...

Very Beautiful Pictures.