Thursday, July 24, 2008

Going to Haiti

This post is dedicated to my sweet friend Jana and her family. Her blog is Pandapalooza and I have been blogging with her since December of 2006. I fell in love with her blog not only because she has a spicy girl like me, but because of her love for the Lord. Her blog has ALWAYS been uplifting to me. She and her family honor, worship and understand the importance of bringing the lost to Jesus Christ. Her husband Wayne is in the ministry and has a huge heart for bringing children to the Lord. What a gift. "Panda Mom" as many of us know her, was so heart broken when China applied the new rules to adopt from there. They no longer "qualified". A year and then some has passed and they have been through many changes and challenges as a family. But one thing has not changed.....their faith and the hope that God would show them where they could adopt from in the future.
After much soul searching and praying, they feel called to adopt from Haiti. Jana found a little boy on a waiting child list. I new exactly who he was because I had seen him myself. When I copied the picture and sent it to her, she was stunned that I too, had seen his little boy. As most of you know, one must have "extra" cash on hand to start the process and put these children
"on hold" so to speak as you begin to put your dossier together. Well, another family is now actively pursuing this little boy and he is no longer available. However, Jana has already spoke to the SW through this agency and she has re-assured her that there are several more children. Jana and her family believe that their child is waiting for them in Haiti. However, they could really use help raising some "extra, on hand cash" to start this process. Jana decided to put a chip in link on her blog......it has not had much success. I know that gas prices are high and that many of us have huge expenses just in our daily lives. But.....I am asking.....as a sister in Christ, as an adoptive Mother and as a fellow blogger......will you please join me in helping "chip in" for this wonderful family. ANY amount will help.......I believe in this family.....and I believe they are called to bring another child home......and we.....are also called to help them. Any money that is "chipped in" from now until Saturday at noon, I give my word to match that amount.
Jana,
I am praying for you and can't wait to see you bring another beautiful child home.
Hugs,
Steffie

18 comments:

PandaMom said...

Yep, tears streaming down. Thanks, Steffie. If not even one penny comes in, I'm OK with that. Your sweet heart-felt post blessed me beyond measure and reassured me that He is in control of our family. Blessings all over YOU!

mommy24treasures said...

what a sweet friend you are...
I will give what I can. Thank you for telling me.
Love
C

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here crying. Jana and Wanyne became good friends of ours a few years back when he was a minister at our church. I was so saddened when they found out they could no longer adopt from China. I am so happy to see that there are still caring people out in this world. Thank you so much for helping them, it truly shows what a kind hearted person you are. :)

redmaryjanes said...

Wonderful post for a wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

U generous, lovely, wonderful, amazing girl you. How lovely. How sweet you are.

Lea
xo

Michelle R Photography said...

What a special friend you are. I'm headed over there now. This sounds like an amazing family I'd like to support.

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a special friendship y'all share! I had to de-lurk to tell you that you seem like a generous and kind friend. I'm heading over there right now to "meet" them!

Denise C said...

You are one amazing gal Steffie! I just love your precious heart for adoption....for all things for that matter! You truly are a blessing to me...and I am grateful to call you friend!

Miss Jana is my triplet did you know that???
Hee-hee! You'll have to ask her about that one!....Or Adele! She knows too!
hee-hee!
Love you bunches!
Oh...how are you feeling???

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a wonderful thing to do for such a special friend!

We also will never be able to adopt again from China under the new rules...although I am safe this time around, it is sad to think we could never do it again.....I am heading over to visit Pandapalooza to see what we can do.

They are blessed to have you in their lives

Lisa

Mr.Brian said...

Great news,and remember God has a special plan for you as well.
Now if only he would send you a dvd with his plans so you know.

I always thoght that would be great so I knew his plan for me and my life.

Guess it is best we do not know.
Hugs and smooches,
Brian
By the way any dates picked for coming to see the Bilby bunch???

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love ya Steffie!!! of course I will chip in...

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you for sharing about their family.... I will be lifting them up in prayer..... It makes me so sad that money so often is an issue for so many families...
But the good news is that Jesus is able! And may He get all the glory!

Wendy said...

I really... really... really hope things work out for them and that little child that is waiting for them.

You are a wonderful friend!!!

Wendy

Debbie said...

Steffie, what an amazing thing to do!! You are a great gal and a great friend!!

Debbie

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a giving heart you have sweetie ... i am sure the Lord will take your blessing and make it grow !!!

Kim said...

Beautiful post...
I told you ~ YOU are Amazing..
LOVE ya girly
Hugs..

missy said...

I'm on my way over to their site. You are such a dear friend. It breaks my heart that money gets in the way of SO many families being united with their children. It won't be the case for this precious family!!!

day by day said...

Praying for this family...I am going to visit their site right now...

love the pictures of your princess in the post below!

have a great week-end!