Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Continued Journey

Treasure

The last few days have been a time of reflection for me. I got 4 more files from my agency, thought I had found a little boy from Kazakhstan, spent time emailing with my SW and even sent some of the necessary paper work in to view this little boy from a different agency. There are days I just feel so driven to find another child and yet, as I have stated before......I need to stop and just look around me. I usually can stay focused on my life, my children and my faith. I have been so blessed. This past week I also had the opportunity to really speak out about our adoption journey to Sophia. Perhaps I planted a few seeds.........perhaps THAT is where the Lord is asking me to go. To encourage other's to bring them home. At this point, I/we are staying with our agency and waiting to see what the Lord has planned for our family. As I type this......Sophia and Daniel are upstairs just squealing and laughing as they are trying to get Daddy out of bed. What a beautiful sound. I want to thank everyone for such amazing comments of encouragement. I still say that you have to be a part of this adoption community to truly understand the journey......the pain that comes with it, along with the hopeful out come. So......I want you all to know that I am fine and the adventures here will continue on. I pray that you have a wonderful weekend. Be safe!
Love,
Steffie

14 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

U 2, be safe. You are a huge, powerful support to all of us. Have a great weekend.

Lea
xo

Gail said...

I've found the most helpful thing to me during this wait has been to speak to others about adoption, if I can inspire and encourage at least one family to adopt then I've made a difference in some way. I can relate to so much of what you write about Steffie, your little one is out there and will be with you...I believe that.

Have a great weekend and week Steffie!

kerri said...

You'll be led down the correct path when the time is right, everything will fall into place like it's supposed to.
Enjoy the laughter and sqealing this weekend, for me I'm just getting the two monkeys fighting, LOL. Oh well, lovin' it all same, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Be blessed, Steffie.

Diane

Mr.Brian said...

Love ya hon.....
God does have a plan.It may not be the same one we have but he does have a plan.....
Extra hugs today for you.
and a extra smooch too.
Mr.Brian

Kim said...

LOVE YA GIRLY!!!!!!
You know I am always here.. and you have supported me through this and I know you will always be there for me...
You are sooo correct when you say that you have to be part of this amazing journey to understand... most people don't getit..
HUGS to you.. LOVE the picture...
Have a Great Weekend..

3 Peanuts said...

Steffie,
I am so sorry for all of the heartache you have had the last few weeks. I did not know (obviously). I have been spending way less time on the blogs and am a little late reading about this but I am so sorry. pleas feel free to have me pray anytime you are going through something like this I will keep it all confidential but will pray for you:0)

Kim

Gwen Oatsvall said...

sharing your story is always a good thing ... it important for everyone to know about this journey before they take it, but yet how do you explain the blessing that is your child ... how do you put into words how they have change you ... i love your heart sister ... can't wait for your visit in July !!!

Denise C said...

Thinking of you and praying with you sweet friend! Can't wait to see what God is going to do in and with your family! All of you are a huge blessing!
Love you bunches!

Michelle R Photography said...

I love the quote you have posted on your blog. ("When God takes something from your grasp...") I haven't posted about it, but Nolan and I have both felt God leading us somewhere the past few months. Somewhere we had not planned on going without His direction. Yet, twice, these plans have been halted and we have been heartbroken. I, too, am finding comfort in this quote. Thanks for posting it.

my3 kids said...

Praying for you Steffie...with God's timing you will find your next little one. Hang in there, I know just how hard it is! Have a wonderful weekend with your family xoxo

Adoption Blog said...

You all remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Have a beautiful beautiful week end.

Saskia
www.indiaadopt.blogspot.com

Jewels of My Heart said...

As heart wrenching as this journey is..... when you hold your child in your arms you know you would do it all again..... for you are a Mom.... and you do whatever it takes for your babies......
You are in my prayers...
God's Speed

The Byrd's Nest said...

Adoption is such an emotional rollercoaster of feelings. Sometimes it is really good to do what you did and just be still Steffie.

So thankful you are feeling some peace.