We had a wonderful weekend away. Lot's of quite time to talk and relax in the spa. ;) Oh yes....80 minute massages on Friday and Saturday. We did some gambling, ate at Wolf Gang Pucks and talked about things we wanted to do and accomplish in the future. I checked in at home and found things to be going well. But...... I was told that Daniel had fallen into our coffee table during one of his tantrums. I knew in my heart that this could happen when anyone was watching him. I know this Boy.....when he hits tantrum mode you just have to let him go some times. However, when I got home and actually saw it, my heart sank and I felt terribly guilty. I'm thinking had I been home, I might have taken him in to ER. It looks like he could have used stitches. Now granted, I just got him out of the tub so the scab came off, but I am over whelmed with guilt. I'm just like that. I think that once the scab heals that I should put Mederma scar lotion on it. Any other suggestions? I'm really kind of a rookie when it comes to these kind of things. For the most part, all of my kids have been lucky when it comes to this kind of stuff. Daniel on the other hand seems to fall all the time and get bruises and bumps.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Refreshed, Guilty and Looking Ahead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





30 comments:
Poor little Daniel... I put Vitamin E on my scar on my face.. and then the sun.. it has almost disappered... Glad you had a Great Time relaxing..
The Villa looks beautiful...
How fun for you..
Have a Great Week..
Sounds like you are going to be BUSY...
HUGS..
Steffie - Welcome home. While Josie's open-heart surgery scar is healing, her cardiologist suggested vitamin E and aloe to help reduce the scar. Enjoy your time plotting your next get-away. I'll be anxious to read what you decide to do.
Blessings,
Kim K.
Poor baby !
Vit E- worth a try. Kids heal pretty quickly-Keaton fell down the basement steps as a tyke- I was crushed. Glad you had a good time. Busy is grand !
Steffie.. that is in Tucson.. so about 1 1/2 hours from me....for some reason .. anyone with AOL will not let me send any emails... Have a Great Evening..
Welcome home! I hope you are feeling refreshed. It't always good to get away. When I had sugery my surgeon gave me a prescription to use on the scar. You may want to talk to your ped and see if there is a prescription you can use. I don't know if I have the tube anymore but I can look.
Welcome back...sounds like you had a great time! I think I could really use a get-a-way like that right about now. : )
Poor Daniel! That picture of him is so sweet...makes me just want to reach out through the computer screen and kiss his little boo boo!
I would call a plastic surgeon in the a.m.. It couldn't hurt. If stitches should have been used, it may not be too late. I used to think that they needed to be done immediately, but that is not actually the case. I am not sure what the window of time is though, but it wouldn't hurt to call a plastic surgeon(the only person I would ever allow to do stitches on a facial wound) and check.
I also agree with the others about the vit. E. Amazing stuff!!
Poor Daniel! That is quite a shiner...but my nephew has fallen on his face more times than I can count - kiddos do heal quickly!
Glad you had a good time away...sorry, no good "spa" recommendations here. Sounds nice though - good for you!
Talk to you soon!
I don't think you need to feel guilty. He had the tantrum and hit his face. You did not throw him into the coffee table, after all! You deserve time to relax and you left him in competent care. Nothing to feel guilty about. Don't take on guilt over something you had no control over.
Miravel was recommended by Oprah if it means anything to you. Haven't been there myself, but it sounds nice.
poor little guys... don't feel to bad.. these things happen.. He will heal!!!
Don't forget your are amazing
Wendy
Poor baby. I too have a child (Lottie) that can't seem to manage her emotions and it is tough.
And yes, this probably would have happened with you at home so don't beat yourself up over it.
oh poore Daniel... OH goodness I just want to hug him!
Caitlyn had a cut very similiar under her chin last year, cut it on the pool some crazy way when she fell and then busted it open twice. IT was probably a ltitle deeper and we used liquid bandage. We glued it closed. It took a long time but now a yr later the scar is VERY faint...
Even though it doesn't look like you could glue it shut at this point now that it has scabbed the liquid bandage will protect it when he is in the tub and things and might help it heal quicker.?
I have been away alone. I went to Cape Cod. It was an amazing four days. I will send you the link. Glad your time away with the man was good.
Lea
xo
Sounds like you had an amazing and relaxing time away, and we all need that now and then.
Please don't feel guilty about Daniel, that stuff happens. It happened to Miss Grace at age 3 when she tripped and hit the area about her right eye. All the above commenters have been giving you great advice, Vit E, neosporin ointment, etc.
Take care Steffie :)
Ohh Stephie I am so sorry this happened to Daniel! My heart skipped a beat when I saw the picture.
I say put on some Vitamin E.
I am glad you had a nice relaxing time!
Awww, poor guy! I agree with the neosporin and vit E, then you can use Mederma if you can still see it later.
No suggestions on the spas, but it sure sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to see where you decide to go. Have a good week!
Ouch! Poor baby. Put some Maderma on it. Come to the Mandarin Hotel in Miami girl. Their spa is killer.
Keep the scar from forming at all you need to keep it moist with antibiotic cream or/and lotion. The scab is what causes the scaring. Trust me I went through a windshield and have little scaring considering because I was told to keep the spots moist with cream or ointment.
Beverly
Cabana, big pillows, Zen music, all this and lunch by the pool.
Your living my dream sweet lady, LOL. ;) no, seriously...
Maderma and vitamin E, works wonders, don't beat yourself up, glad you had a good time, well deserved.
I am jealous. The resort looks so peaceful, I have heard about it, because Oprah went there with some of her girlfriends a couple of years ago. I even looked at it, yoga and peace and quite.... what a life! You should try and let us know.
Oh poor sweet boy. Steffie try not to feel guilty or blame yourself. Accidents happen. It's not your fault.
Aiden had a cut like that above his eye from a watering can at my in laws house. It has healed up and shows very little scaring.
Daniel will be okay and I know it will heal up just fine.
Love the spa idea. I think I saw that day spa on Operah. Looks amazing.
Poor Daniel!!! I'm glad you had a great time. Mommy guilt is always with us, isn't it? i'm sorry that you had to go through that. I love spa's!!! They are so relaxing and wonderful. I've been to a few in Arizona and they were wonderful! Enjoy my friend!!!
When DD#2 got bit in the face near her eye , aside from being glued back together, like Humpty Dumpty, I used pure vitamin E on the site for about 1 year. It worked but I think the sore has to close first.
Good Luck!
Doreen in Montreal
Well, I think he could have had stitches. Eli had a cut almost exactly like that under the same eye last year, from a tantrum. We did get stitches, but there is still a scar. I used mederma and liquid vitamin e, but to be honest, neosporin seemed to do the best job.
There isn't a lot you can do and I wouldn't feel guilty about it because like I said, we did get stitches and there is still a noticeable scar. I don't think that could be avoided no matter what you did.
Oh I hate it when my baby girl gets hurt and I have been gone! Your little guy looks so precious in that picture, though a little worse for the wear, I am sure he will be just fine. No guilt!
Sorry to say it, but my older boys love their scars...Its a guy thing!
Oh poor little guy! All I can say Steffie, you have a boy and I'm afraid bruises and cuts are just part of the package. We always joke that boys are made of rubber, they're quick to drop, but just as quick to bounce back. It will be healed before you know it and he's so young that if there is a scar, it will probably be very faint.
Poor Daniel. Make sure you use lots of sunscreen or it will scar.
I have gone to Lake Austin Spa by myself twice and with a friend once too. It is amazing and always one of the top rated in the world. It was INCREDIBLE! I grew as a person there. I exercised, ate healthy, journaled, painted, had masssages and services galore, reflected and found myself again. I would high;y recommend it if you can. I have not gone anywhere since Kate cam home a year ago and I still don't think she is ready so it could be a long time before you could do this again.
Kim
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Nolan and I head out on a romantic getaway later this week. I can't wait! Sorry to hear that Daniel had a nasty fall. Our family swears by plain ol' Neosporin. My girls are both like Daniel - very active and always getting scraped up. We use it and never end up with scars.
Yikes! Poor Daniel! Don't feel too guilty, you just never know with kids.
that is a good shiner ... so glad he is ok ... glad you and david had time away ... i think the spa or whatever place that is sounds fabulous ... it is so hard to get away, so when you do you really need to relax ... i love ya girl ... ready for my beckering fix !!!
Post a Comment