Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thankful Thursday

collage23

~ I am thankful that Spring has finally arrived and that I can enjoy the beauty of these flowers that are now blossoming from the trees in my yard.
* I thankful that David and I are having a weekend get-a-way. Leaving after I get the kids to bed Thursday night and coming back home Sunday morning.
~ I am so thankful for my children and my family.
* I am thankful that I will very soon become an Aunt. My sister Corrie is having her first baby.
~ I am thankful for my Heavenly Father, who still loves me no matter how many mistakes I continue to make.
* I am thankful that my parents just celebrated 42 years of marriage on April 30th.
~ I am thankful that Daniel had a good 2 yr. check up.
* I am thankful that Sophia is so full of spunk.
~ I am thankful that Emmie continues to grow and learn from all that is going on around her.
* I am just thankful......plain and simple.

33 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Aren't weekend get-a-aways just so much fun! It is so needed (at least in our household) and it totally lets Keith and I reconnect. We have been taking one every Father's Day weekend since Francesca has been home with us. We only go to a little country inn that is about an hour away from our home and on Father's Day, my mom drives Francesca up to meet us and we end our little get-a-away with a great lunch at one of our favorite resturants and have a beautiful drive home...

Hope your weekend get-a-away is just as special as ours is!

Gail said...

What a wonderful post, yes you have so much to be thankful for Steffie. Love the beautiful flower pics. And have a great weekend get-away with dh! ;)

OH MY #6 said...

Fantastic post! Enjoy that precious time with David!

BTW, I am thankful to have your BLOG to go to each and everyday and find an uplifting message of some sort!

Lea
xo

Dannye said...

and I am thankful to have you as a bloggy friend!!

what great things to be thankful for!!

mommy24treasures said...

just beautiful. you and your pics;)

~Amy~ said...

First, the pictures are amazing! I'm so glad spring is here also and I can't believe how fast April went! Second, have a fabulous time this weekend...relax, regroup, and enjoy you and hubby time. Last, I'm glad the things are doing well... ;) Love you friend!

OH MY #6 said...

PS. I need details when u get back!

Lea

Michelle said...

My husband would be jealous--we need to get away;) Loved reading this!! I love your blog header--so cute!

Kim said...

I am Thankful to have met you on this Amazing journey..
You truly inspire me..
HUGS ...
Can't wait to see where you are going on your get-a-way..
Have fun..
HUGS

Debbie said...

It is good to be thankful!!! It is good to appreciate what God has given us! Wonderful post!!!

Debbie

Musings from Kim K. said...

Steffie - You and I are on the same page today. I had also posted about being thankful. It's been 1 week since Josie's heart surgery and life is so good. Enjoy your weekend get-away. Your flower blossoms are beautiful.

Love,
Kim K.
http://youbelong.net/thekenwards

Lisa said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for. Have a great weekend get-a-way with your husband!! How fun!

kerri said...

Have a wonderful grown up time away. ;)
It's wonderful to stop and count the little blessings we are thankful for, thanks for reminding me.xo

Elise said...

I am so thankful for the spring flowers blooming too! Have a great weekend away with your wonderful husband!

Love your new blog design:)

missy said...

What a lovely list!

Briana's Mom said...

You do have so much to be thankful for! The flowers are gorgeous.

Enjoy that get-a-away!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Love the flowers, love your list...love your beauty...inside and out.

D & S said...

Those are great things to be thankful for!

Mom 2 six said...

You have a lot to be thankful for !

Nikki said...

Those flowers are beautiful! And it is SO good to give thanks...that is quite a list you have, my friend.
Enjoy your weekend away with the hubs.
XO

day by day said...

That's a great list of thankfuls!!

Hope you are having a wonderful week-end away!!

FHL said...

Hope you and your hubby have a wonderful weekend!!! The in-laws are coming into town the end of May to send us off for one of our own...we are so looking forward to it :o)

Denise C said...

Beautiful blessings...just like you!!!
Enjoy your weekend with your sweetie.
I am sure you took your camera....and I am waiting for the weekend pics!!!! *wink*
Love you!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amen amen amen ... it is so important to be thankful and we have so much to be thankful for .. i am thankful for your family and they way you bless my heart and bring laughter to my life!

Kristi said...

Thankful hearts are happy hearts! Great pics as we celebrate the gifts of spring! We are thankful over here as well as Scott and the boys have birthdays in April, then Anna's in May. Hope your weekend is wonderful!

redmaryjanes said...

I am grateful for Spring too! So, when's lunch??

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Great post! I need to participate in Thankful Thursday.

Have a nice weekend get away : )

Tiffany said...

Have a great weekend...
Beautiful flower photos...
So many wonderful things to be thankful for...

Shirley said...

Amen to that..Great post Stef..

Julie said...

Well done. I love the pictures!!!

Holly said...

Great post. And I love the new header.

Kim said...

I know you are having FUN!!!
Miss Ya..
HUGS

Michelle said...

Beautiful flowers and so many wonderful blessing! :-)