Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pay It Forward /Thank You's /Apology

pay%252Bit%252Bforward

How does it work? Here are the rules: I will send a gift (of my choosing!) to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this "PIF" exchange, & who make the same pledge on their blog. You must have a blog to win!The only thing you have to do in return is PAY IT FORWARD - on your own blog.So, if you want a goodie from me & you are willing to do the same on your blog, let me know! Nikki
Last week I came home to not one, but two packages for me in the mail. Now...being that I do shop online quite a bit, I could not figure out for the life of me what I ordered from Amazon. I don't often get surprises in the mail like this. Well....it was my Pay It Forward gift from Nikki. She left the sweetest note with it. I can't wait until it finally warms up here so I can start reading it exactly like she suggested. ;) Thank you so much girly! ;) Connie
My next package was from Bath & Body Works. Now.....I knew that I had not ordered anything from there.......or did I? lol This sweet gift was from Connie. How she can remember my birthday is coming up in June is amazing to me!!! Her note touched my heart as well. Thank you so much sweet friend.....I LOVE it all. I'll be carrying my new book Bamboo and Lace, sunscreen and lip protection in the darling Cherry Blossom bag. ;)
muralpanelheart
I think I need to apologize for my reaction to the anonymous commenter yesterday. It just disgusts me how people are so unkind in this world. I made a silly error in stating "Country" instead of "Province"......so not only did I get a nasty comment which I deleted, but they then felt they needed to stop by again to add a bit more to the shredding rampage they were on......I left that comment.....I reacted in defense...... I have had so much on my mind lately regarding the orphans of our world and what my family should do about it. I have been looking into other countries and praying and seeking answers for what our journey is for the future. I also have a specific post that is very heavy on my heart right now. When you see the above picture at the top of my post.....you will know this is the post I am talking about. Thank you all for the support you give me. I truly appreciate it. And for those of you that "de-lurked" on my last post.....if you have a blog, would you please email me? There were two of you that had LID's in April like me ( I think...trying to remember w/o looking at it....lol) and another a few months later. I would love to be able to encourage you as well! ;)
Hugs,
Steffie

19 comments:

Cheri said...

This sounds wonderful - and I love sending little gifties! Sign me up for PIF!

Adoption Blog said...

I would love to sign up for PIF! Does it work if you live abroad? I think they call them "swaps" on French blogs.;-)

Have a wonderful day!

Saskia

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am just so sorry someone was rude. I have learned to feel sorry for them, they must be miserable.
Your pic reminds me of a book the kids have called whoever you are. It speaks of what ever you look like, where ever you, are whoever you are... we love the same, feel the same, laugh the same, cry the same... I love it.
You are so welcome for your gift. I enjoyed sending it so much.
Love
Connie

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Steffie. I just love reading your blog (and I love the new make-over). Also...how is the new, temporary ride doing? We don't have one, but friends of ours that do just love it! Enjoy for the time being and 'shingalingin' on...

Kim said...

Love the goodies..
I want to come over and sit by the water and read with you..
HUGS girly..
Dont' let people like that way you down.. you are such an amazing woman and you have an amazing family..
Love ya girly..

Nancy said...

Sign me up for PIF!!!

Juliette said...

I don't think you need to apologize at all! If people have something to say they can do it another way than attacking you on your blog.
Keep the groove in the car and the fun in your life!

Denise C said...

OH what wonderful gifts from two very precious people! Nikki and Connie...two of the sweetest bloggers in blogland!!!

I am thinking of you...and the wait...and the heaviness on your heart right now sweet friend!
BIG HUGS to you!!!

daydreamer said...

That book is one of my favs too. Hope you enjoy it!

OH MY #6 said...

You are a well loved Blogger, thats very obvious.

No apology needed. You are a supportive friend to all of us. Have yourself a good day.

Lea
xo

Anonymous said...

Well I missed out on the PIF, but had to write and tell you how much I LOVE your new header and blog look, very stylin'!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful gifts, Steffie!! I just called our library and have them holding Bamboo and Lace for me!! WooHoo!!! A new book to read.:)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Isn't Connie the sweetest??? I turn 45 next month...usually my birthday doesn't bother me but for some reason that seems awfully close to 50!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I don't get why anonymous had to pick apart what you said. It was an honest mistake, one that I would venture to say, that MOST of us would make. However, some people just need a kick in the pants. LOL!

Have a great day, dear!

Laura Nipper said...

Sorry to read about someone leaving more rude comments. Ugh!! I think the last post was cute and could totally see you jamming down the road.
Started reading the book that Nikki sent me as well. Its really good so far.

~Amy~ said...

HERE I AM! haha Sorry I don't have internet at my house and I've been suuuuuper busy with the new job! I have just been reading up on your blog and I love the temporary pimp! haha Hey...we need to talk about babysitting...lets have a "date" soon! Call or Email asap! Love ya!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I missed out on the PIF but tell me more about it anyways : ) I love to pay it forward. I do it all the time at Starbucks.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Love the awesome pay it forward gifts. I am sorry that your heart is heavy. I am sure you will find the answers that you seek if you search your heart.

Hugs,
Lori

Jewels of My Heart said...

It's so much fun to receive such special gifts from wonderful friends...