Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ewwww.....Worms

collage14
Yesterday we did have a mild afternoon so the kids and I got to play outside before lunch and nap time. It had rained the night before so there were a few worms in the driveway. Sophia was HORRIFIED of them. She would ride her bike around looking at the ground so she would not run over one. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. She was sooooo serious about it. She would talk to herself as she was riding along. I could hear her say "I'm trying to be brave"...."You can do it"...... "Just try a little harder"...."Don't worry Daniel, I'll save you".....I was just cracking up......you can see how serious she is in most of the pictures. She is usually all smiles and laughter when she is on her bike. I love the one where she is actually checking under her shoe to make sure she did not step on one! lol collage16
The Boy on the other hand was soooooo happy to just be outside. I bet he spent nearly 25 minutes playing at our newspaper box. Taking it out, looking at it, like he was reading it, putting it back in, pushing it around in his cart....it was just darling. When he is in a good mood....he really does a good job with amusing himself. If it fell on the ground, he would bring it to me to put back together. Then he would squeal and run to put the paper back. I thought it was so cute. I just sat in my chair and enjoyed watching my children play. ;) collage15
Look at her faces.....every now and then I would say.... "Watch out for that worm" ....and she would just shriek and I would do my best to contain my laughter and I would say "Woooo, that was a close one".....it was priceless.......I LOVE being outside with them.....I hear the weather isn't suppose to be that great this weekend....but they are saying better things for next week! We'll see.....this is MI after all. We are totally re-doing the swing set play area. Huge sand box, a deck for a bigger pool, a picnic table area and we will have an Asian Theme to it all! ;) I can't wait to post pictures when it is finished. I got another hair brained idea, and my sweet husband is going to build something special! Stay tuned......hope you all have a fabulous weekend. S*

36 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

great story. the pictures are so sweet. You captured her perfectly!

Lea

mommy24treasures said...

oh these are darling! I love her expressions. I wish Caitlyn was a little more cautious about worms and things. She wants to pick them all up.
I love the mailbox story too.
Sophia looks so lovely in yellow!

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures...
Sophia is toooo cute... Those faces are priceless...
Looks like the kids had fun..
Can't wait to see your finished little (BIG) project..
HUGS to you girly.
Have a Great Weekend..

Marla said...

Looks like they were having a blast, Sophia's faces are priceless!

Can't wait to see your new project!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Those are great pictures and I love Sophia's conversation with herself. Too funny. Don't you just want this spring-like weather to stay? Ugh.

Love,
Kim K.

~Amy~ said...

They are such cuties! I love Fia's expressions in all the pictures! The new deck and swing set area sound so cool!! I'm sooo excited to see it! Have a great Saturday friend...I'll be working on my last big project all day....boooo!

xoxo

Julia said...

Oh mygoodness, she is so precious, I love all the faces you captured here! Her little spring dress is so pretty too, I bet y'all were having a blast. :-)

Jewels of My Heart said...

heheeeee
The final pic on the bottom right says it all....
DARLING!

Sophie's Mom said...

Sweet! Love the 'worm' pictures, her expressions are priceless!

Unknown said...

Great photos,Sophia's expressions are priceless!
Donna

Lisa said...

Sophia's expressions are so funny. You can really tell that those worms were scary to her, ha! Don't you just love to be outside? I really believe that my kids sleep better and feel better after a day of fresh air. Love the pictures!

Gail said...

Great pics, Sophia cracks me up about worms...Miss Grace is the same way about worms, spiders and pretty much any bug in general. Isn't it nice when our kids can play outside in the sunshine, now if the sunshine would just stay for a while... :)

Kim N Jeff said...

How fun! Glad you were able to be outside with the kids... The pictures are priceless!

Mr.Brian said...

Bad mommy,bad mommy teasing the kids like that!!!!
That is sooo cute you can just see it on her face.
Maybe next time get a video and send it in to AFV.I think it could be a winner.
The weather is not so great here either,butnext weeks sounds great.Highs in the 70's.Maybe spring will come after all.
Hugds and a smooch.
Brian

Abby said...

aww those pictures are so adorable! when did you have such nice weather?! it's been raining here forever!
have a great weekend!

Abby

Tiffany said...

Great pictures Steffie... these and the Princess shots...
Love them all!
Such beautiful pictures and children!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

love all those faces !!! don't ya just love a day outside .... it has been pouring here !!!!

Julie said...

OMG that is so funny! I am absolutely TERRIFIED of worms too and know just how she feels!! :o)

Michelle R Photography said...

I am cracking up at Sophia's little self motivation talk. That is so cute. I just love days like this when you can just relax, be in the moment, and enjoy the simple pleasures with your kids.

Kristi said...

So, so funny....that sophia and Daniel! Anna is terrified of flys at this time. Screams that high pitch ear popper when one gets in the house or flies around her. Very serious stuff!

FHL said...

"I'm trying to be brave..."

That is just too darn adorable!

C's Mom said...

Hehehe...I'm with Sophia. I'm not a fan of the worm either.

What amazing pictures of the day.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Great pictures! The weather here in Chicago stinks at the moment ; ( so cold but I hear next week will be nice!
We are re-doing our swing set area too (I get a lot of hair brained ideas). We are also gutting bathrooms (not so fun but will be nice).
Can't wait to see your Asian theme.

JulieM said...

That is too funny!! What great expressions you caught on camera. Don't you just love the differences between boys and girls. We had snow this weekend, my kids were in tears after being able to be out on bikes last week. Spring where are you!

Praise and Coffee said...

That is hysterical!! We saw the worms too, Lauren was horrified too!

She is getting so big, what a little lady!

Sue

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love all of her expressions! I can't wait to see the new play area!!!

redmaryjanes said...

I love that bottom right photo of Sophia, that definitely is the face of a girl seeing worms!!

Nikki said...

"I'm trying to be brave!"...I am just cracking up over that one!
You're right - Lily and Fia are little twin souls!

Love the pics of both your kiddos playin' outside...I hear Thursday might be warm again! Let's hope so!

Love you!

jennifer said...

That is too cute! I love the looks on her face.

D & S said...

The look on her face is priceless!

Truly Blessed said...

What a naughty mommy you are -- trying to scare your sweet daughter just for funny pictures! It worked, the pictures are great!

Glad YOU had a nice weekend -- we went up north and it SNOWED yesterday!!!! No kidding -- yuck.

day by day said...

These pictures of Sophia are wonderful! I love the expressions on her face as she is keeping watch for those worms. And I can't say as I blame her one bit...worms are just gross! : )

Denise C said...

I am cracking up just thinking about you telling her to watch out for that worm! hee-hee! You funny Mommy!
This was such a sweet day outside with your babies! Oh what special times!!
Hugs to you sweet friend!!!

Elise said...

Sounds like the perfect afternoon. We are having some similar wierd weather....almost 80 yesterday and next weekend maybe snow! Crazy I tell ya!

Can't wait to see the new play area!

RamblingMother said...

You guys got our weather. We had 80s last week only to drop to 50s Sat and 40s yesterday and 30s tonight. What happened to spring? And we are in the south?!?!

I love the worried faces look. I don't like the worms either.

Beverly

LaLa said...

I love her expressions....oh, and I totally would tease her too for a great photo op! Love seeing both of them outside enjoying themselves : )