Monday, April 14, 2008

Princess #1

When I look at Emmie, I am just amazed by her beauty....inside and out. How is it that I have such a beautiful child? I always stop and shake my head and ask myself how did I help make something so lovely, smart, spiritual, strong minded and sassy? lol I pray that these last few months of school can go relatively smoothly for her and that she can stay focused on the issues that are truly important. She seems to have a good grasp on what she wants for her future and what she needs to do to obtain it. She is also very excited to spend some time this summer with Gwen and her family. Amazing, isn't it???? We have friends and family here..... and yet for Emmie......she feels a bond with a family that we connected with through the adoption of her baby sister. Now THAT my friends.....is nothing short of a special gift from God. ;)

40 comments:

Gail said...

Love your posts Steffie...they always make me smile. :)

Though I haven't met you in real life, I would imagine that Emmie is very much just like you...like momma, like daughter.

Keisha said...

She is beautiful!!
Blessings,
Keisha

OH MY #6 said...

Princess 1 is absolutely stunning!

Lea

~Amy~ said...

Awww so sweet! All those pictures of Emmie are beautiful...but I'm sure she has something bad to say about each one! hehe I hope you had a good weekend...looks like nice weather this week! wahoooooo!

xoxo

Kim said...

Emmie is soooo pretty...
Like mother, like daughter...
I hope she has fun going back to school....
Have a Great Week..
HUGS..
Our children are our inspiration...

Marla said...

She is so gorgeous, just like her momma!! :)

Michelle said...

Emmie is is gorgeous and I think that fact that she is beautiful on the inside makes her even more beautiful! What a blessing she is!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

She is so beautiful..... inside and out! Love these photos

D & S said...

She is a truly beautiful girl!

Kim said...

I want Emmie hair!!! :) Gorgeous! Just Gorgeous! She is a mirror image of her Mom...good kids come from GREAT moms! Have a great Monday! Hope Emm's first day back isn't too harsh...gotta love Mondays

Abby said...

Beautiful pictures!

mommy24treasures said...

Emmie is beautiful. I love her smile. I think its wonderful she is going to spend some time with the Oatsvall's. Love that the red thread brought them together. It is a true gift from God, you are right.

kerri said...

Her smile lights up the page on your blog, Emmie is truly beautiful.
How terrific you'll be spending time with Gwen and her family, they will be special times(with lots of pictures, right, wink). ;)

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful young lady.

Sharon said...

She is gorgeous!! ANd how did you get her to pose for you!??! ALl I get is the hand.
What a sweetie pie.

I love her name. I have a great aunt named Emmie Ellen. She has no children and I try to figure a way to use her name but it never works out. She was a history professor and people call her Dem. I should ask her about that! Obviouusly you have an Emmie on your hands and not a DEM!

LaLa said...

What a beautiful girl she is...you should be a proud mama! Oh, and it is April...where are you???? LOL

Nikki said...

Emmie is so photogenic! lucky girl.
She is gorgeous, and she possesses great beauty INSIDE as well. Love her.

Big hugs to you all!

Mr.Brian said...

Call me suck up but I think Emmie gets her pretty looks,smart,spiritual strong mind from the women who gave her life.Her mother,who is also a wonderful women.Not to mention pretty,smart,funny and just plain fun to know.
Now the sassy side has to come from her father.

And no Steff DID NOT pay me to write this,or tell me what to write.LOLOLOL

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

She is a beautiful girl ; )

Deb said...

Very well stated...and beautiful she is.

Kim N Jeff said...

Emmie is so beautiful. I think she gets it all from her mom who is such a great role model for her.

Hope she has a good day back at school.

Nancy said...

What can I say...
She is just like her Mama!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful young lady!

Mommy Spice said...

She IS such a beautiful girl!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am totally not showing these to Jeremiah ... i may not be able to live w/ him when he finds out she is coming to spend some time w/us this summer ... he is super excited for her to see a bball game of his ...hilarious ...

and she is beautiful inside and out because you always keep what is important in front of her and that is Christ ... love and can't wait for May !!!!

Wendy said...

A very stunning girl!!! inside and out.

Have a wonderful Day
Wendy

Adele said...

Well doesn't she look like a model? She is beautiful inside and out. You are such a great Mom and you are raising a very Godly girl. Keep up the good work.

Denise C said...

OH sweet Steffie...she is a direct reflection of you her precious MOM! You and David have taught her to love God and others....and His light just shines in her! She is absolutely stunning inside and out! You must be one proud Mommy! What a blessing your sweet girl is....to all of us!!!
Hugs and Love to you!!!
Denise

Yoli said...

What beauty she is, just like her Mom. I love those pictures, they capture the essence of your daughter. She looks so joyful and full of life and happiness. Just gorgeous.

Elise said...

Again great pictures!!! She looks gorgeous and I know she has a beautiful heart that matches her outward beauty. Enjoy this time with her....it is going by so fast!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such beautiful pictures. Emmie looks so much like you in those pictures. May the end of her school year be smooth-sailing. Bring on the summer!!

Love ya,
Kim K.

Debbie said...

Your daughter is gorgeous and I love the pictures you have taken of her!! Thanks for sharing!!

Debbie

PandaMom said...

Stunning. Gorgeous. Breath-taking. I am just not sure which word to choose!!! ; )

missy said...

Emmie is stunning! I can tell she has a strong spirit...it comes through in her smile. You are a very lucky and blessed mommy!

FHL said...

Doesn't it bring such peace and wonder knowing that our children have chosen to be forever in the hands of their savior....

Beautiful photos!

Kristy said...

Yes you are right that is certainly a special gift from God and so is she. She is just absolutely without a doubt gorgeous. I know her and my daughter Astrud would simply just be really good friends, they seem so much alike. God bless all of you.

Love and blessings, Kristy

day by day said...

You are very Blessed to have such beautiful princesses!!! I also hope that Emmie's last few months in school go smoothly for her! I know it has been a hard year for her. Hopefully next year will be much better!

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is so beautiful and she is God's little princess. I continue to pray for her.

Shirley said...

She is so beautiful..Reminds me of my Ally..esp..the sassy part..haha..

Dawn said...

She is beautiful...how wonderful to have special friends that you made through adoption!!