Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beach Photos

Hands
I have a lot to learn when it comes to outdoor shots like this. I should have brought a few camera accessories from home to help with taking the pictures. I had a hard time with the sun issue and not knowing the best way to take the picture. However, being that this was my first time really trying to take some nice pictures, I am please with most of them that I took on our trip. As the years go on, I can see some really good ones in my future. ;) I also did some close ups of the girls which I will post in a few days. Daniel's close ups were by the pool.....and yet today at home...when it was just him....I got great ones.......oh the life of a Mother and her camera! ;)

38 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

These are all very beautiful...you are too hard on yourself!

Michelle said...

Your pictures are beautfiul and they capture amazing memories -which for me is most important. I am hoping to take some beach pictures on our vacation, too.

Musings from Kim K. said...

What beautiful pictures. Your kiddos look so relaxed and happy. I can't wait to finally get some warm weather in West Michigan. Your pictures make me want to pitch all my winter clothes.

Love ya,
Kim K.

Debbie said...

I love the pictures!!! They are beautiful!!! Beautiful kids and beautiful place!!

Debbie

OH MY #6 said...

these are awesome. You really did capture the Maui feel!

Lea

Kim said...

VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!!
These must be the pictures you were uploading last night..
Hope I didn't mess anything up..
LOVE the pictures..
You do a wonderful job..
Can't wait to see the pictures of the kids by themselves....
Have a Great Day..
HUGS!!!!

Ashley said...

the pics look fabulous!! what a camera and what a photographer!

LaLa said...

I love these..the split collage is great : ) Can't wait to see the close ups.

I too have HUGE issues at the beach...I am always hoping for clouds : )

Marla said...

Oh Steffie, they're gorgeous!! I just love your pictures and your cute kids. :)

Gail said...

Beautiful pics Steffie...you are very talented. Love the split collage with the bubbles/water. I have a new camera that I need to start using and I may ask you for some tips. :)

Linette said...

These are GREAT Steffie! I'd say your camera is doing just fine. :)
Can't wait to see more pics!

Sophie's Mom said...

I think those are GREAT beach pictures! I love the collage pic, how you split them like that. CLEVER!!

Can't wait to see the close ups - I'm a sucker for close up pictures...

Lisa said...

You have some gorgeous children!! Wow! I love he pictures! Priceless!

~Amy~ said...

Fabulous pictures!! I love Emmie's dress! ;) Have a good day friend...

PandaMom said...

These are so fabulous! Can you pop over or email me and tell me what KIND of camera you have? THANKS! The pics and the colors from the trip are just spectacular---especially the pool ones. Just amazing clarity and color. Hugs!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

They came out beautiful!!!!

missy said...

Steffie, I think these photos came out great! They show such love between your children. I think they are beautiful. Go girl : )

Briana's Mom said...

So beautiful!

redmaryjanes said...

GORGEOUS photos.

Hey, I just saw your tongue over on Emmie's blog and I feel much closer to you now.

Carol said...

Love the photos...I'm so jealous of your vacation photos!! I so want to go to Hawaii!!!

Young Creations said...

Your photos are so beautiful. My birthday is May 18 and it is usually the week after Mother's Day. The kids always ask me what to get me for both occasions. Being the MOM, I can never figure out what to tell them to get me. But this year, I want a new camera so I can have a pretty blog like yours.

Thanks,
Lauren

Unknown said...

What beautiful photos.
Donna

Mommy Spice said...

These are just gorgeous pictures!!

Michelle R Photography said...

I think they turned out great! You have beautiful kids against a stunning backdrop... truly beautiful.

Adele said...

Oh wow, these pics are incredible. I just love all of them. You are becoming a pro at photography.
I wanted to say that I love Emmie's pink room in your other post.
Most importantly, congratulations on your 3rd Gotcha Anniversary. I absolutely loved that post and seeing the pics. So touching!

Laura Nipper said...

The photos turned out awesome. I have an Olympus as well. Its one of the small one but it takes pretty good photos. Cant go wrong with an Olympus. Hope you guys are getting some sleep at night since you have been home.

D & S said...

I think the pictures are perfect! Of course, you have beautiful models there too.

C's Mom said...

Stunning while sunning!

Anonymous said...

I love them, especially the "hands" one!

mommy24treasures said...

love them all!:)
You know, bright sun is hard for everyone. I think they are wonderful. Most pros do beach photos around 6ish as the sun is going down.
Can't wait to see the rest. I can't put my camera down lately either. I took over a 100 at the zoo today. I haven't even had the chance to look at them yet. Busy ALL day...

Kim said...

such vivid color! That is what really pops out at me...how true to life these shots are!

Steffie are you mad at me? You haven't visited me for a really long time...

Kim said...

oh I just wanted to say...please delete that last post of mine...could I have sounded any more like a high schooler? I know you are a very busy lady...what I should have said was...I've really missed you...come visit when you get a chance :)...there that's a little better...good grief! I can't take myself anywhere...

Holly said...

Awww cute pictures. They are so clear and colorful!

Jewels of My Heart said...

sweet, sweet, sweet...........

Deb said...

beautiful shots, I expecially love the last one. Looks so peaceful...

Nikki said...

Beautiful!!!!
Your kiddos look like they BELONG on that beach...I bet Emmie wants to go back!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amazing pictures ... your kiddos are just breathe taking ... miss ya ...bring that camera when you come in May so we can take some good ones by the pool ...

Lisa said...

Those pictures of your kiddo's are priceless! You really are good with your camera. Loved all of the pictures!