Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What Do I Do With This?

What I am suppose to do with this? Do I throw it? Is it a ball? What?
Well, Mommy says to take a bite, that it is yummy for me. I'm not thinking so! Naaaa......I'm just going to sit on the couch and hold it.
Ok, so how sad is it that The Boy is 21 months old and still doesn't eat meat, veggies or fruit??? I can hear all of your gasps from here.......he just started to eat applesauce.....barely....and not much. We keep trying things and he just rejects them. I'm not too worried. I know it will come. He weighed in last week at 27 lbs and I can tell he is getting taller. So he is growing on yogurt, milk, crackers, cereal, peanut butter and muffins and basically anything "crunchy". It's unbelievable to me. I'm sure when we head to Maui in a few months that feeding him is going to be interesting. ~sigh~...The Boy! ;) Oh and my other frustation........he is not saying a word. Nope, nada, nothing. Only Momma and Sissy when he wants to. Points, grunts or takes my hand to pull me somewhere to get his point across. When I ask him to say something....he just gives me this HUGE cheesier smile....I melt and he gets what he wants. Imagine that?!?!? lol ;) He is doing some sign language and he understands everything I ask or tell him but my little guy is going to be stubborn in all area's. Go figure. ;)

30 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures..
He is soooo CUTE...
He will talk and eat when he wants... Boys are usually stubborn...
Have a Great Day girly..

OH MY #6 said...

I always having trouble starting to eat an apple!

I love the pictures of him and his little shoes. He is really cute.

have a good day.

Lea

Laurie said...

The Boy sounds like he has the same taste buds as my Sophie! She still won't eat solid fruit....only apple sauce and baby food bananas, won't touch meat and veggies are a challenge. Yet she continues to grow! Meal times are always a challenge. I do hope they grow out of this stage.

Wishing you all the best for a wonderful Chinese New Year!

LaLa said...

What a cutie. I love that little look he is giving you!

On the speech thing...just follow your gut. If you do think there is a problem then fight for services. I had Annslee tested at 2 and 2 1/2 and kept being told "she will talk when she is ready" etc... anyway, at 3 she had 10 words and I had to fight but now she is in therapy and a speech preschool..hopefully she will progress quickly

Oh, I will email you my drama : ) Are you coming in this month?

Musings from Kim K. said...

He is so handsome. I can easily see why you would melt with his cute little face. My sister's boys' were so very different from Emma in their verbal development. It finally happened when they were good and ready.

Hugs,
Kim K.

kerri said...

Handsome, that's the problem...
He would melt my heart in an instant, I always give in to a pretty face, sigh.
We have the opposite problem here, they eat me out of house and home and chatter non stop, LOL!!

polkadot said...

well his eyes are so blue I think I'll go for a swim in there! He'll eat the good stuff eventually, and if not -- vitamins.

~Amy~ said...

Look at those sweet baby blues! He is such a sweet boy. Tyler and I think he looks like Daddy! (could be a scary thing...) haha ;)

Denise C said...

Not to worry my friend....Chelsi was raised on chicken nuggets and french fries! hee-hee! He's such a little cutie!

Maui??? Count me in!!! Oh how I love Hawaii! Went to Oahu & Maui on our honeymoon...then in 2005 we took my parents to Oahu for their 50th wedding anniversary gift!
I am ready to go back....maybe in 2009, I hope!

Hope you are having a great day...it is 70 degrees here! Really it is! I have the doors open...oh I smell spring! (((Hugs to you)))!!!

Mommy Spice said...

Well, he may not like the fruits and vegies, but it makes some cute blogging material. S.G.'s tastes change all the time. It took two years to get her to like pineapple. And she actually likes it now. Go figure.

Linette said...

Oh...he's just so cute! Love the pictures. He'll get the eating and talking down in his time. :)

Laura Nipper said...

He is just to cute for words. Keep a watch on the whole speech thing. If he gets closer to two and still does not have the words you may want to get a speech evaluation. We had to go down that road with Morgan and it is helping. They just approved her more speech sessions because she will be 3 in May and still does not have enough words yet. Ugh!

Mr.Brian said...

My mom told me I was slow at starting to talk.Now she teases me that I never stop talking.
I bet he will be the same way some day,Mr Motor Mouth.

Maybe he is quiet just like you? I mean to say his dad.LOLOLOL
Love ya hon,
Mr.Brian
I have more fun teasing you and Crazy Chick.

Anonymous said...

I noticed your comment on Crazylady's site. Are you ok?

Ashley said...

I loved you narrating what he was thinking. He is adorable! Love the new blog look, by the way.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

He'll be just fine. My Justin (now 22 years old) lived off of mac and cheese, jelly sandwiches and cookies. He wouldn't touch veggies or fruit. He still doesn't love his veggies or fruit. Your little man will be just fine LOL As for talking, my Livi started talking a bit later then my others. Did I mention how adorable your little guy is.

Dannye said...

he's the cute and quiet type that's all...no biggie....

Marla said...

Awwww, he is just too cute. And I agree with everyone that he will eat and talk when he darn well wants to. :) He's a boy afterall, and they do it their way!

Noemi said...

Just too cute for words! Mickey will eat no carbs at all. He can eat steak like his daddy...

Don't worry he will come eating and talking soon.

I promise you he will drive you crazy once he starts! LOL

Mr.Brian said...

Hey wait a minute.... seems the male party's are getting a bum rap.
He is just preparing for married life when he will not get to talk.LOLOLOLOL
There that should get some good coments going.
smooches.
Brian

Tiffany said...

He is so cute with his blue shoes on (are those Crocs)! That little guy is just adorable! How is it that little people are SOOOO stubborn.
It blows me away.
Lily lives noodles and cheese. The child could eat both for all 3 meals.

D & S said...

I'm sure Thing 2 will come around to all the other food groups too. So long as he's eating, that's all that matters.

He's a cute little guy no matter what he's eating.

redmaryjanes said...

His hair is getting darker and he looks so much older in these pictures. Our pediatrician made us stop giving Eli what he wanted and made him ask for it. But to be honest, D is going to talk when he's ready.
And we have a gated community too. Is there any other way?

With the supply raiser, I don't really know what I need yet because I haven't seen what's going to come in yet. 31 families are donating, so it should be really great. She is also happy to have gently used items, so Daniels outgrown clothes would be great too if you have any. I'm going to send a box of Eli's things along with the sleepers I bought.

We're all getting excited for Saturday!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

My son is the same type of eater as yours is...very frustrating but man oh man I am a sucker for his eyes as well. Both our boys have killer eyes :)

Wendy said...

what a relief.. I though Reegan was the only child with food problems... She's six and the only way I can get her to eat most veggies is by serving her the puree baby food. Thank God for multi vitamins!!!

Nikki said...

Yup, you know that they do it when THEY are good and ready! love the pics of your boy. (and my little picky eater has just now reached 28pounds! How funny is THAT!?)

Now, stop mentioning the fact that you are going to Maui again...I'm GREEN with envy over here.
XO

insanemommy said...

Ahhh, he is sooo cute!!! How many more days before you leave for fun, sun, and sand? Fold me up and drag me along.

mommy24treasures said...

He is just so darn cute:) His ways are so much like Jacob's. No talking here until almost 4.

C's Mom said...

He's a sweetheart of a cutie and he looks to be growing and being the boy he is just fine!

Sew Much Fun said...

Another month and Daniel will outweigh Gabrielle. She is 30.5 lbs. and will be four next month!

Still eating cheese, crackers, cereal, practically no veggies and some fruit. Everything else is yucky!