Saturday, January 5, 2008

Who Knew?

Who knew that I would fall so deeply in love with this boy?

That I would think that he has the most kissable cheeks and lips in the whole world.

Who knew that he, of all my children, would teach me the most about patience?

That he would bring out my creativity for diversions and things to do.

Who knew that he would make me like Spider Man blinking boots, cars and trains, blocks and dinosaurs and toys that make extra loud noises?

Who knew that he would be my most snuggly child ever?

That his contagious smile would melt my heart and when he lays his head down on my shoulder that I would thank God every day for this miracle.

Who knew that he would be my most sensitive child?

That despite his temper tantrums you can see the sensitivity in his eyes and when he looks into mine, I pray that he can see my love for him.

Who knew that my heart would constantly ache for him when I am only gone for a few hours?

That when he has been napping for 2 hours, that I would tip toe up the stairs wanting to wake him.

Who knew that singing to him would calm him?

That my voice brings smiles and a stillness over him like no other.

Who knew that he would be the greatest gift ever to his sister's?

That he would bring them so much joy and frustration, giggles and tears and a Simba roar.

Who knew that the color of his eyes would be like that of an ocean?

That he would be my sunshine on a rainy day.

Who knew that he would be the one that would make me think of looking over the SN lists?

Realizing that all children need to be loved know matter what their circumstance and that they are a gift from above.

Who knew how much I would see of myself in him?

That my love for him would grow to be so deep, that he could heal my aching heart as I wait for another from a far..........

Who knew?

45 comments:

Diana said...

Awwwwww.........my heart is melting looking at the second picture of Daniel snuggling in.
You are a beautiful mom, and this was a beautiful post to read.

Diana said...

Awwww...........my heart is melting looking at the picture of Daniel snuggling in with you. You are a beautiful mom and this was a beautiful post.

Sandra said...

Between your words and the song, I am a blubbering mess. How beautiful...

Verna said...

Awwww . . . That's so sweet! They do have a way of getting deep into our hearts.

redmaryjanes said...

That is so beautiful. I really do think he looks just like you. It's the joy of boys.

Kim said...

Love this post...
He is adorable..
And he looks like Mommy is EVERYTHING to him..
Love how he has his head on your shoulder...
Love little boys...
Hugs to you my friend...

LaLa said...

What a sweet post to your little man. He is such a cutie!

Nikki said...

That was sooo sweet, Stef! I think it's safe to say that he feels the same way about you!

(my sister has always told me there is something special about her relationship with her boys...?)

~Amy~ said...

Are you invited...what kind of question is that?! haha ;) OF COURSE!!!!!!!! Great post...so sweet!!

~Amy~ said...

ps- Your hair is fabulous! ;)

Tiffany said...

Just beautiful.... once again I am in tears! You two are just precious! What a beautiful post. Thank you so much..... with our little guy coming home soon everyone keeps telling me how wild boys can be. Which I am sure is true.... it is just really nice to see this side of having a boy.

You asked me about the picture collage on our blog.... I do that with Picasa. It is free to put on your computer and the collages are really easy. If you need any help just email me.

Denise C said...

You have such a precious little boy! He's a blessed little guy to have you as his mommy...his biggest fan....the one who will stand behind, before & beside him, always.
Oh what sweet, unconditional love we have for our little ones... just as the Father has for us.
You are a beautiful person Steffie....inside and outside!

Bunches of sweet blessings to you!

day by day said...

There is something so special about little boys and the bond between a Mom and her son!! My little boy is now 14 and taller than me, but when he was little he also taught me so much about patience and was a real snuggler! Such a beautiful post and I love Daniel's little Crocs! He is adorable!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Do you actually TRY to make me cry? That's two posts in a row, woman! :-)

Really, it was beautiful. I feel the same about my baby (who is four, but still my baby....)

Sophie's Mom said...

Oh my, how SWEET! He looks like such a sweet cuddle bug!

mommy24treasures said...

oh beautiful, I always know how much you love him even when you post your humorous posts. It always rings through. He is so darling and I so know where you are coming from. My Jacob's eyes are the eyes that melt my heart. Isn't it amazing how much they have taught us???The moms that thought we knew all we needed to know about parenting and had it down?

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a beautiful, touching post from a Mother to her son. So much love....
The love of a Mother for her child is beyond words and yet you put it into words quite beautifully.
The pics of you and Thing 2 are precious.
Enjoy your babies

OH MY #6 said...

really lovely. thank you so much for sharing that!

Lea

D & S said...

I believe it, he's a beautiful little boy.

Gracie said...

What a precious little boy! I love the last picture...what an incredible post to read.

Diana said...

I figured it out and have unsubscribed to receive your comments. I don't have a clue how it happened.

C's Mom said...

Beautiful post - beautiful child.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Laugh, Cry, Cry! That's the order of the last three posts after I read them. You're given us a work out of our emotions, girl!! :)

Little boys are the sweetest, cuddly, bubzies that there are. Enjoy him, he will always be close to your heart...

PandaMom said...

That last pic of you two just MELTS my heart! Your hair looks great, too! ; )

Kayce said...

Sweet post! Little boys are the best! Although mine is now 12, he will ALWAYS be my little boy!

jennifer said...

You're making me want to go hug on my boys!!! What a sweet post.

Mr.Brian said...

If that is not to send an already emotional person over the edge.That was one of the most loving and kind post I have ever read.I think you need to print that and save it for him to share as he gets older.
Also do not feel bad about you and Sen giving me a hard time.I think it is my stress relief.
No go to my blog and tell me what roll you want.I was thinking Thema Lou for you.

kerri said...

Hallmark, give this lady a call.
Seriously you could write for them, your post had me teary.
I love the photo, snuggle bugs are the best.
You should frame this photo and put a copy of this post on the back and save it for Daniel.
Beautiful......

Colleen said...

What a sweet heartfelt post! Those pictures are so precious. Awesome lady and mama you are.

And I must comment on the hair. Love it. :)

Deb said...

Awww, must be love. He really is a sweety!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Beautiful; just beautiful...

Wendy said...

What a wonderful post!!!!

Marla said...

*wipes tears off keyboard* Absolutely beautiful post.

Truly Blessed said...

As mom to three boys (who have already passed through the Deedal stages to teendom) I could have told you. There's just something amazingly wonderful about little boys...

My boys are such great kids and absolutely wonderful with Katie. It warms my heart to see them light up when she calls their names or says "I lub oo" to any of them.

Love, love, love my boys.

Just as you love yours!

Briana's Mom said...

That was so beautiful! He is a gift!

crazylady said...

Who knew you look diva perfect on each and every day

Who knew your son would save you from yourself

Who knew you have so much love in your heart to share with all your children and still have room for us.

Thanks Stef

shelley said...

sweet words from a sweet family.

We have decided not to pursue another international adoption. We are looking into Gladney for domestic adoption. Stay tuned.

Juliette said...

Precious...
Thanks for sharing.

Barbara said...

Like I say to my Big Lew, "it's a good thing you're so cute" because he sure can be naughty!

Mommy Spice said...

You must print this post and put it in his baby book. What a beautiful post. What love you have for this child.... Oh, what I would do to hear that my mother ever felt that way about me. Precious pictures too!!

Holly said...

Awww he is precious! Great post.

Anonymous said...

so sweet :)

insanemommy said...

Oh Steff. What a beautiful post to your sweet, sweet sensitive child. Yes, I would say the feelings are mutual. He loves you too!

Thank you for sharing.

Dannye said...

I knew Stef...I knew that about you with all your children....you are an awesome mommy!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I love this post about sweet deedal!

Kim