Friday, January 4, 2008

"Waiting" and "Dreaming"

You are in my heart and a part of my soul. I pray for and dream of you daily. That when your time comes, you will be strong, healthy, cared for and loved. I dream of your jet black hair and those almond eyes that I love so much. I dream of your province, think of the difficult decisions that your birth parents must make and the promise in my heart to love you forever. I dream of you running through the rooms of our home and tucking you in your bed at night.......I'm designing a room just for you. A room where all your dreams can come true.
This journey for you is long. But I will wait for you. I'll wait until I can bring you home. You have 2 big sisters and a big brother...... waiting to take you under their wing's and reassure you of love and happiness. To take away your hurt and fear and to give you nothing but smiles and laughter. Your Daddy is waiting to play with you and to offer you all of his love and protection. Your Forever Family is here, my love...... waiting and dreaming.....and we will do so, no matter how long it takes to bring you home.

39 comments:

Denise C said...

Oh Steffie,
That is such a beautiful post! I have tears just flowing!

You have such a precious heart and your children are so very blessed to call you Mommy! I will pray for the wait to be not so long and that the time will be fleeting as you wait to bring home another beautiful China doll!

Thanks for sharing your heart this morning, and thank you for visiting my new little blog too! I am adding you to my list of "Special People and Places"!

I hope your day is filled with Sweet blessings!

Love,
Denise C

Kim said...

Happy 9 Month LID...
Love the post...
Tears before my first day back to work...But Happy ones... you are amazing girly..
Hugs to you..
I am with you all the way...

OH MY #6 said...

This is beautiful!

Lea

Sandra said...

This choked me up. Just beautiful...

Juliette said...

Beautiful love letter.
Happy 9!

Anonymous said...

Waiting with you, Beckering Tribe!!

Diane.....so, so worth the wait!!

Adele said...

I love this post. I, too, am dreaming and praying for my next daughter. We will have to lean on each other and encourage each other this year as we wait for our precious daughter's. I hope the time will fly and you and I can be chatting on the plane on our way to China to get our girls.
I didn't know yall were doing the devotion together. That is awesome. I think I am going to really love this devotion book too. I needed a new one.

4D said...

Beautiful words. Too true.

Happy 9 Month LIDiversary!

Keep smilin!

LaLa said...

Happy 9 months down! Beautiful letter to your girl : )

Kayce said...

Happy 9 months.

Beautiful words!

Keep the faith!

Briana's Mom said...

Happy 9 months behind you. She will be well worth the wait!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. COngrats on being 9 steps closer.
Donna

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful post... brought tears to my eyes!!!!!

Shandra said...

Happy 9 months...

I hope you bring your girl home soon. You are such a sweet sole.

Linette said...

Oh...I need some Kleenexes! That was beautiful Steffie! Just beautiful.

~Amy~ said...

Beautiful post my friend! :) She will be in your arms before you know it!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Another special post, my friend. I understand the pain of "waiting". Hug your kiddos extra tight this weekend.

PS. I'm seriously a sleep deprieved and LOA obsessed woman now.

Holly said...

Great post. Happy 9 months!!

D & S said...

Happy 9 months! I wish things were different, I wish we all had our children home with us so this wait wouldn't be so hard.

redmaryjanes said...

I love that. It's just beautiful. Congratulations on 9 months. I'm so glad that you are here.

Regarding my e-mail. There was a little crisis, but it all worked itself out ok.

Dawn said...

What a sweet letter. Your daughter will be blessed to read that one day, and call you Mommy. Happy 9 months to you!

Mr.Brian said...

Very sweet post.You forgot one thing though.
Mommy will N O T take you to McDonals and go down the slide with you.
Immmmmmmmmmmmmm Baaaack!!!!!!!
Trying hard to be a happy camper.
Hugs.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I thank God that your precious daughter has such a loving, beautiful family who loves her completely, is praying for her and will do whatever it takes to bring her safely home in the arms of her loving family.... including what can be the most difficult of all... waiting...
God's speed

Terri said...

Steffie, your words were so beautiful. They say all good things come to those that wait, but I am so sorry you are having to wait so long. You are so patient, because I know I would be going nuts by now, that is probably why God knows it is not our time yet to start over. I look forward to following along on your journey and prayers will be sent your way each night for your sweet angel.

P.S. Christmas card was a classic, Thanks.

kitchu said...

Hey girl... happy 9 months to you too. Did it sting for you this time? Something about that batch of referrals really made my heart sink. Tough this time. I still have faith it will speed up after the 08 Olympics, but sometimes it's like I'm holding my breath and for the life of me can't see to come up for air from all the waiting :O) But I won't give up.

I love this post. It gave me these wonderful visuals of hope. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

XO to you :O)

Pam said...

This was so touching. Praying that God moves the hands of the Chinese government so that things start moving for everyone.

t~ said...

9 months closer to your dream.

crazylady said...

Me, I'm just waiting to use the restroom.

kerri said...

Happy 9 months...
Your daughter dreams of you too...

crazylady said...

Dear Kelly Boyd:
There's comp on the street for Mr. B.
My A2. And she is gorgeous and dare I say a refined charmer. I see trouble ahead. You better change your nightcream to one that tightens and pulls, while I use my bust enhancer. This town ain't big enough for the four of us.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Steffie..
That is beautiful!

Kim

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Happy 9th! You'd better keep that letter for her, it was so sweet!

Mr.Brian said...

You tell em girlfriend.
BTW Crazy Chick claims the girlfriend is loaded(rich not drunk).Also is now a model for Ralph Lauren.So I am thinking those two do not stand a chance.
And you are DUTCH too yet.
Her next show she is planning Dynasty so be prepared.I have sugested Andy Griffith.I want to be Barney or Otis.If I get the part of Barney will you be Thema Lou???
I think Crazy Lady could be Aunt Bea.

Michelle said...

Beautiful ... how blessed we are to have the pleasure of joining you on this most amazing journey!

crazylady said...

Mr. Brian you are sweet but slow
I said your girlfriend Kelly Boyd from CHEERS is rich and models for Ralph Lauren (aka Jackie Swanson)
This new A2 you don't know yet....

C's Mom said...

Okay, if you had it in your goal to make me cry today...mission accomplished.

Here's to one less month in the wait for your dream.

jennifer said...

So sweet. The waiting is HARD. Thanks for the encouragement.

insanemommy said...

Thank g-d the first 9 months are out of the way!

Dannye said...

happy 9 plus months!! may the wait to your next little one be short!!