Sophia went back to preschool today after having over two weeks off. She seemed excited.....until we got there. She was clinging to me for dear life. I was totally shocked. I handed her over to her teacher who Sophia adores and she went hysterical! I walked out of the room and watched through the window. I knew it was not going to get any better so I began sprinting.....yes sprinting down the church hallway to go out to the van to get Daniel. When I got back to the room she was so upset that she didn't even see me walk in. I got Daniel's coat off and directed him to the back of the room. I could not believe the state she was in. She was trembling, her hand was over her mouth as if to cover the noise she knew she was making. I swooped her up out of her chair and carried her to the back of the room where I proceeded to snuggle her in a chair, tell her she was safe, that I would take care of her and that I would be back to get her. It took her well over 5 minutes to stop gasping from all the crying. I couldn't believe it. I finally got her calmed down and was able to leave, but I felt guilty the rest of the morning as I was going to do what is posted below with Daniel.
I took the boy to Chuckie Cheese.......I know you are all gasping in disgust. First off, I do have to say that this place is really clean. AND.......WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE! I couldn't believe my good fortune. He had a ball and we had no tantrums. He liked all the rides, but was very serious on all of them. He didn't want down, but I couldn't get him to smile his usual smile. When he went on the merry go round......he would just stare at himself in the mirrors. Funniest thing I ever saw! ~Sigh~ A good day with the boy! When we went back to get Sophia she was her old spicy self. She didn't want to go home..........doesn't that just figure. Also on Tues/Thurs/Fri my sister does not come so that means early nap for Daniel and no nap for Sophia because I pick Emmie up from school at 2:30PM. Well....Daniel decided he didn't want a nap today. Screamed for 30 minutes. This is twice in the last 5 days that he has pulled this one. Hmmmmm......maybe is going to follow after his sister. Emmie stopped naps at two. At least I know that both Things will be in bed tonight by 7:45PM. There's hope for a moment's peace yet! lol





16 comments:
Gosh those two are so stinkin' cute! Glad you had a good time with the boy. As for Miss Sophia...gosh I love her spicy attitude! I give you props Momma! ;)
awww so sorry, you are right a break in routine can screw everything up. Hope its better next time.
So glad Daniel had some fun. Our CC is very clean too and if we go we do the same thing; when everyone is at school it is nice to have it all to yourself. I guess you were hinking that might tire him out for a nap though huh? I guess it wired him.
I did the same thing Sunday since we had that gorgeous weather/let Caitlyn skip nap and put her down early. I love nap but I kind of like early bed too...
January 8, 2008 3:46 PM
It IS nasty getting back to the routine!
Hope you get some rest this evening. BTW, love the colouring of what Sophia is wearing!
Lea
Lets hope the next time goes better.
Never let it be said kids ar predictiable.
I agree with Sophia. Going back to a work after being home in my cozy house with my favorite people, isn't very fun. I was quite annoyed most of last week and desperately wanting back my holiday break. Poor Sophia. Let's hope tomorrow is better. Good for you on the Chuckie Cheese and Daniel. Sounds like some super bonding time.
Have a great week, Stef!
PS. Still praying for our LOA.
Kim K.
What the?... Just figures. You take the beasts to infection filled playgrounds and nada, and MY kids are sick since Sept. Bet it didn't even smudge your concealer.
Sorry to hear about Fia. Perfectly natural to think they're being abandoned in any way. As you saw, it is short lived...most of the time.
Le Sicko
Aw, poor sweet Sophia...they really count on their routine, don't they? Glad she is back to herself...we'll take spicy over sad anyday, right?
Glad you and Daniel had fun at Chuck E Cheese - Lily loves it there too. I don't mind it if it's not too crowded. Lucky you to have it all to yourself.
(love the picture of him looking in the mirror! I'm sure you were crackin' up!)
Love ya!
Poor Sophia. I hope tomorrow is easier. Glad Daniel liked Chuck E. Cheese. My nephew loves it there.
Change is tough for our kids too. I did smile though to read that when you went back to pick Sophia up, she didn't want to leave. She'll be back in the swing in no time.
I am proud of you for facing Chucky Cheese. Did you go to the one on 28th?
Sophia sounds like me on Friday when I had to go back to my regular routine...YUCK...
Glad she is better now...
Love the pictures...
They are both adorable..
Hope Daniel doesn't stop taking naps.. that is MOMMY time..
Have a Great Peaceful Evening..
Always keeping ya on your toes!
Keep smilin!
Check out my blog ;) You've been awarded...
I love routine.
Routine freak here!!
Chuckie Cheese, brave woman, did you do the hazard materials rinse down, yikes!!
Mallory started back to preschool and she did not want to go back either. It is so hard getting back in a routine. In my heart, I wanted to keep her home. Those Hunan girls must all be alike. HAHA. :)
Glad you had some one on one time with Daniel. He is the cutest boy ever! I bet you were cracking up at him looking so serious.
P.S. Read my latest post. I am hoping you will participate. :)
Oh gosh, i dread the day this happens to my little Jing. Thank goodness Sophia recouped and did not want to go home. Kids are so funny.
I loved the previous post about your son. Whata gift to have a list like that from his mama!
When I mess up Briana's schedule, she let's me know about it! Boy does she! Ha!
Post a Comment