Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Blogging with a Purpose

It must be that time of year, because the "blogger awards" seem to be hitting again. I have been given the "Blogging with a Purpose" award from Amy. She is such a sweet young woman. I have known her for about 5 years now. She is engaged to a young man that is very close to our family and we can't wait to go to their wedding.

As I think about my blog and what the "purpose" of it really is, I guess what comes to mind is just sharing my adoption journey, the love that I have for my family, trying to keep it real....meaning that I'm not afraid to write about my stressful days as a Mother. We all know life isn't perfect or easy when it comes to raising children. And when your hubby is one of the biggest children....lol...well that makes it double duty! *wink*

Trying to think of people to nominate is always hard for me. If your on my side bar.....then I nominate you. You are there for a reason. Somehow, someway your blog has touched me. In my eyes, you are all special! However, to follow the rules, I will post 5 people in no random order.

1. The first one that comes to mind is Sandra There are often times she will write a post and I feel like it is a mirror image to something I have gone/going through. She keeps it real and her love for her daughters radiates through all of her posts. Thank you Sandra for being who are. A wonderful Mother, Wife and friend to all of us here in blogger's world.

2. Then there is Michelle She has the most beautiful pictures on her blog and written stories about her sweet, precious girl's as well. I always feel happy and peaceful when I visit there. If I ever have a question or thought, she always gets back to me. Someone she doesn't even know, but she takes the time and does so. I find this amazing!

3. Then I must mention Connie She too, has beautiful pictures of her wonderful "treasures" and she can "glam" all her pictures up with her scrap booking talent! Sheesh! I have bothered her endlessly about camera's and scrap book kits. She always responds, sends me helpful links and encourages me to keep asking if I have more questions. I find this remarkable. Especially since I will probably never meet this woman. The only bond is the Red Thread Connection. And I am thankful for that!

4. Kerri is a woman that I feel is not afraid to post how it "really is" either. We share tantrum stories and our agreement on disinfecting our children after Chuckie Cheese! If we lived closer, I think we would be friends. lol I have asked her questions about certain art work and she shares her info with me. She is living my dream having two Asian Princesses! I love reading about her Monkey's!

5. At finally there is Sen Again, a woman who keeps it real while she raises her twin daughters. I go to her blog for her writing. She is hysterical and yet the next time she will post something that makes you think.....sometimes quite deep. I believe that if any of us could actually meet her, we would find a remarkable woman in front of us. Her love for her daughters is evident in her posts. I believe she is the happiest she has ever been with those two precious gifts she has been given. I'm just happy to have found her in blogger world. And I love the fact that she has fallen to the pressure of having a "cool blog"! *wink*

So there you have it.......have a wonderful day my friends......love you all!

S*

AWARD GUIDELINES:

Awarded parties must nominate five people who have not received the award.

  1. The blogs that receive the award must serve some purpose.
  2. In their post about the award they need to link back to the original entry.
  3. Awarded parties must post the award banner on their site. The banner must remain linked to Eric Novak's site.

15 comments:

~Amy~ said...

yay! ;) Enjoy your day!

Michelle said...

Steffie you have made my day ... I am honored! Thank you for your kind words - you are so sweet.

You are such an inspiration to me!

Kim said...

Have a Great Day...
Hugs to you girly..

OH MY #6 said...

Great post.

You always, always give me a smile or food for thought.

Lea

redmaryjanes said...

You have some blogs on your list that I have never seen before and they are beautiful. Congrats to you my friend. You definitely deserve this award. : )

Sandra said...

Thanks for the nomination, Steffie!!

You are definitely deserving of this award.

kerri said...

Thanks for the award Steffie, you made my day .
I feel honoured to be in the company of these women and yourself.
What a wonderful network we have, put us all in a room and the problems of the world would be solved over a few coofees and merlots.
Thanks for the nomination. :O)

mommy24treasures said...

Thank you, how thoughtful of you to award me this honor with these other wonderful laides. We are all connected by the red thread just as you say. I appreciate our bloggy friendship and all my blog buddies.
I am glad to answer your questions anytime! I am certainly no expert but love being a help. You never bother me. Fill up my mailbox with your questions any day.:)
Love
Connie

day by day said...

I love reading your blog and look forward to looking at the others you have listed!

Tuesday's post...Chuck E Cheese is the best when it is almost empty! Such a different scene than on a week-end day! Glad you had fun with Daniel!
Sorry that Sophia had a rough first day back to school. I know how hard that is on Mom!!

Denise C said...

Congratuations!!! You so deserve this award.....
speaking of awards........stop by........I have one for you as well!!! :)

Laura Nipper said...

A well deserving award for an awesome mom. I love reading your blog and following along your journey to Olivia. It is always great to read your posts and hear what your things are up to.

crazylady said...

So tell me quick, what is your blogging purpose again?
Never mind, on to ME ME ME.
I make you think? Is that possible? I wouldn't want to start something I can't finish. Yeah, I'm the happiest since my twins...sure .... another round bartender! If you call psychotic, happy, then yes, I'm happy!
Thanks for being my roadie and barging in backstage to bring me flowers.

I guess you deserve the award. Let's see... I have to nominate 5 people with purpose you say? Can it be an evil sinister one?

Jewels of My Heart said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! it is well deserved. Might I just say that I was coming to your site to copy your blog address for the link in my post where I gave the award to you. Looks like someone beat me to it. lol you also took two of my other dear ones that I was going to nominate. lol Well, I didn't want to only pick 5 and now three of you have already received it so I get to spread the love to others. hehee
Even though I must follow the rules I want you to know that in my heart I give you this award too.
Love ya,
Daleea

Dannye said...

well deserved award...both of them!! I so agree you blog with a purpose (and not aimlessly like I do...hehe)...and you are a daily read...although I don't always comment!! congrats!!

insanemommy said...

Yes, I agree with all you nominated. I detected a "hint" that the crazy one was wanting to nominate me. Could I be wrong?!