Well, I 'd have to say that after 67 Booty Spanks......oops I mean 67 wonderful, uplifting comments, that my attitude has calmed down immensely. I want you all to know that I read your comments over and over and over until the tears flowed no more. That I re-read my post over and over until all the negative feelings faded and the long wait ahead of me filled my heart with joy and excitement again and I knew that I could and can make it through this.
- There are so many of you that have waited so much longer than I. That are waiting for your first child or to add to your family. I must be there for you! I have experienced the journey and I know how remarkable it is. And although I want it again, I will wait my turn and I will follow all of you on your journey first.
- My Mother called me from school to tell me how incredible some of your comments were. She told me that every thing will be fine, just like she did while we waited for Sophia and with our scare with Daniel. My Mother has such great wisdom for me.
- There were some of you that took the time to come out of "lurking", some sent emails, I heard from girls I went to High School with and a travel mate even called. I find this just so amazing. It is a journey that only we can understand and I appreciate every word that was said or written.
- I can't promise that I won't be down again, but I will do my best to be as uplifting as I can for the rest of you.
- We are not going to leave our agency and I am not going to do anything to jeopardize the place I already have in line for my daughter.
- I know God will be here for us during this journey. He has been so good and faithful. I have asked for forgiveness for doubting him these past few days.
- The holidays are approaching and I am looking forward to a fun few months of blogging with you all.
- Thank you all so much for your support and I will soon be posting Part Two of my Part Three Series! ;)






50 comments:
I am so glad you are feeling better. I think it comes in waves. We will all be discouraged at times, just hopefully, not all at the same time!! I am so thankful that I have found this online "community" filled with wonderful moms to share this journey with.
What a blessing this blogging community is! Glad to hear things are looking up for you. :) Can't wait for parts 2 and 3!!
Glad to have you back again. I'm looking forward to part 2 of your 3 part series. ((virtual hugs))) to a better week, my friend.
Kim K.
So glad you are feeling better. Congrats on 6 months LID! Can't wait till part 2!
Happy 6 Months...
I am soooooo GLAD you are back...
You inspire me soo much.. and you can not go anywhere because I am going to need your support and knowledge when it is my turn to go to CHINA...
You are AMAZING just remember you have all of us in BLOGGERVILLE...
Love ya girly..
Kim
Happy to hear you are doing better again.We all go through those bumps in the road where we are extra down in the dumps.We are just lucky to have good friends who lift us up.
As for part 2&3,it is about time.You seem to love to torture me and keep me in suspence.Not nice to make an old Dutchman waiting.
Hugs and a peck on the cheek.
Mr Brian
So glad you are feeling a bit better. And I think what a previous person said is correct, it does come in waves...I know it does for me. I just LOVE hearing about the boy and also can't wait to read part 2 and 3. I can relate to the boy stuff(now my boy is a young man) but remember it quite well.:)
I am so glad that you are back! Hang in there, my friend. We all love you and will carry you when you need it! It is amazing to me that although many of us have never met face to face, we've come to be so important to each other. I look forward to checking in to all my blogging buddies every day. Y'all understand my adoption journey so much because you have been there. Although my freinds love me, they really cannot relate to my feelings during this time. Thank you for walking along with me!
Amiguita!
That is OUR Steffie! So Glad you are back! And like most have said there will be times when you are down. In those times WE will be here for YOU!
Hugs
Chica
Glad to have you back, Steffie!!!
Welcome back! I've missed your smiling face. ((((Steffie))))
thanks for visiting my blog
hopefully now i will be able to keep up with it more...
i try my best lol
being 13 is not easy =]
love to you
yeah i kno man! lol
i just need a break sometimes lol
this morning my throught was killing me
i could bearly talk to tell mom i wanted to stay home
im sad that im missing it tho =]
im sure she will tell me all about it tomorrow in power tho! =]
So glad you are back and feeling better about everything!!!!!!
I'm so glad to have you back- celebrating our LID together! Happy 6 my friend!
Okay you just made me cry! I'm glad your in this journey with the rest of us!!! Happy 6!
Welcome back to the land of crazy...ha ha I cannot imagine the wait China now has (our Vietnam wait is turning into it though) I just know we are one day going to hold our precious daughters!
I'm so glad you are feeling better. Being down is completely normal...we all feel down for some reason at different times. Don't feel like you have to be there for everyone else, let us all be here for you once in a while!
Blessings-Andie
So glad your are back. I have missed reading about your kids and your wonderful post.
Happy 6 month LID and glad to hear your spirits are up again. Hang in there...the result is so worth the wait!
Steffie's Back!!!!
YEAH!!!!
Hang in there girl. We are all right here with you.
So looking forward to part deux.
Stef, I am glad to see that you are coming out of the depths and emerging with new understanding. We don't always have to be "up" as we go through this process. Anyone who has been there before or who is going through it again understands your grief.
Just understand that God isn't ready just yet to add to your beautiful family. He has just the right one chosen and when the time comes, she will be placed in your loving arms.
Keep sending messages from the heart . . . they aren't necessarily for our eyes, but writing your thoughts down as you have will give you an insight to where you are on your journey and what you are placing your attention on . . .
Did you have something in mind when you put the number "6" in your post? Did you know the number 6 in numerology relates to "family" and "healing"?
We are sending lots of love your way!
That's my blogger buddy - hold your head high - take a deep breath - stick out that chest - ok, not too far!!!! :) AND KEEP BLOGGING!!!!
Glad you're feeling better! I'm feeling a bit worse after the last batch of referrals. Oh well -- I'm hoping a trip to Disney World will lift my spirits! If that doesn't do it, nothing will!! :)
Oh, I am so glad you feel better! It is a bumpy ride but the view at the end is worth every twist and turn!
So glad your feeling better. This journey is so hard..it takes everything you have and then some! You are not walking alone, there are so many of us who walk with you, beside you, beside eachother. We will make it and be that much stronger for it. Thanks for sharing your feelings, it's good to let it out.
Glad you are feeling better! Happy 6th!!!
oh I am so glad you are feeling better. Its a crazy rollercoster but with a grande finale.
Love
Connie
I'm so happy that you are feeling better. I am praying for you all that are waiting that God will start to move all the paperwork up the stack.
Happy 6th LID anniversary. I just read your last post. I'm so sorry you went threw all those thoughts and feelings. I think we all have them from time to time, but I have to say not all at once like that! I'm glad you shared it with everyone and that we could all understand what you were going threw. We are all in this together. I'm so glad your feeling better.
Velcro Hugz Steffie
ps. You look GREAT for 40 and what's this about hubby being 51? are you serious? He doesn't look a day over 40 himself.
So glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself again...you have OBVIOUSLY been missed.
It was great to hear your voice the other day - I'll be sure to call more often.
Love you, girl.
XOXO
Oh, and Congrats on 6 months...you're gettin' there!
Happy 6 B-tribe!
Glad to see that you have emerged from your blueness. Hang in there!
Yay! I"m so glad you're feeling better. I'm watching my ticker and can't wait to get to 6 months. I'm about 2 weeks behind you. Whoopie!!
Glad your back, ;O)
I am catching up and I am so happy to hear that that beautiful smile is back where it belongs. It is terribly hard but you are an amazing mom and will be an amazing mom to this little one who is waiting to come home..
Hugs!
Keep smilin!
Glad your feeling better! (I thought I had posted on your earlier post but didnt see it) This Blue Cloud seems to be taking over. Glad you were able to climb up and out! Happy 6 months less to wait! You will get there :)
You know what, you are human. You have your emotional side. I am glad all is well and I cannot wait to red "Part 2 of 3".
Hang in there and just remember you have 3 munchkins that need you.
that is the steffie i know and love .. the confident, bring it on God I am with you, mama bear, ask me anything girl !!!!
your strength will encourage others and how you wait will glorify the Lord ... love ya bunches...
I dodged the bullet, and should be on the road by between 1:30 and 2:00 tomorrow. RMJ has my cell number.
Congrats on 6 months closer! I post my 8 tomorrow. AND TOMORROW NIGHT IS GOING TO BE A BLAST! See you at 6pm!
I'm glad you're feeling better. Everyone has those days, you're entitled like everyone else.
We love you and are here for you each step of the way.... through the good, the bad and the ugly.... we have all been there.
You are 6 months closer to your daughter and God is right on time...
Hang in there friend.
Glad you are feeling better. 6 months down and ?? to go BUT right perspective helps so much. I oscillated badly on that. Thanks for putting up the Shockley thingy.
I am so glad that your spirit is lifted. You are a loving, caring human being and you can't always be up. Part of being human is having a mix of emotions and feelings. As someone else posted, it's normal. We all need to be encouraged, prayed for and lifted up sometimes.... I'm glad you reached out and posted about your feelings! Adoption is a rollercoaster ride. I'm sure there are others that have felt the same way. I know your honesty helps others having similar feelings.
I'm sorry you have been so blue lately. I know the feeling and it is tough!
For purely selfish reasons, I am glad you will be sticking around. I enjoy your posts. Even though I don't always comment, I do keep updated.
Hugs to YOU!!!
sorry for your feeling...so many can relate I know. I hope you can find peace in the process...it's so difficult to do...
Hugs to you!
Glad your doing better!
Isn't our little 'community' amazing?
I had this dream last night that we got out referral and then, THE NEXT DAY, got our daughter. The only thing I kept thinking was " man, I've got to log on and blog about this".......forget the kid - I just had to blog about it!
Dreams. Too funny!
Blessings ~
I just caught up on your last post. I am so sorry you were going thru such a hard time. (and still are). Its amazing how bloggie land can lift your spirits. So may of you have helped me while I waited.
Your family WILL be complete. All of your feelings are valid.
Sending hugs and support.
I'm glad you're feeling better - although it freaks me out to read that people you went to high school with were lurking...I have noticed lots of readers from my home town on my own blog and now you've got me thinking...gah!
I'm happy you are feeling a little better, and my heart truly goes out to you and all the other waiting families. I'm glad you are uplifted and supported by our amazing community!
Praying things speed up!
Hugs, Shana
Post a Comment