Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First day of Preschool

I can hardly believe that my precious baby girl is old enough to be attending Preschool, but yep.....she sure is! She has been so excited for this big day. For weeks she has been asking me "Do I get to go to school today Mama"? So you can imagine when I woke her up this past Tuesday morning the smile and pure excitement she had. She wore her back pack for the two whole hours before we had to leave. She would not take it off. I insisted that she had to, to eat breakfast and to go potty and she was not very happy about that! lol The Preschool she is attending is right in our church, so she was very comfortable going and had no separation anxiety at all. I was thrilled for her. She pranced right in, found some blocks, they showed her where to sit and she was all smiles. When I picked her up, she did look slightly overwhelmed, but said she had fun and wanted to go again. I felt so much joy in my heart knowing her journey and seeing just how far she has come with us. I found it quite interesting that she was saying her Chinese name in the car to me on the way home. It even took me a few times hearing it to realize what she was saying. They must have talked about what their names were and when we were going home she started saying "Jiang Ao".........and I said "Is that Sophia's Chinese name"? And she said "Yes, like in my book when you came to get me in China". I about went off the road. She never ceases to amaze me.....I love her so much!

Sophia has to find her name and hang her coat and back pack up.

35 comments:

C's Mom said...

How cute Ms. Big Girl is!

Hey, we need an update on what you plan to do about the 'boy' socks.

Drop by my place and shoot me an email with your mailing addy please.

kerri said...

What a big girl, going to school!!
Love her first day outfit, stylin' girl.
Can't wait to hear more about pre-school life!!

Jill and Jaap said...

They grow so fast! She looks ready!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I just love her cool jean jacket. She's such a BIG girl in those pictures. Have a great week!

Kim K.

sheryl said...

So cute!!! It sounds like she is going to have a wonderful first year of preschool! Love the outfit too!

cougchick said...

blessed cuteness!

Nancy said...

Little Miss Thing is so cute.
I am happy to hear she did so well on her first day.

Sounds like she will have a fun year.

Michelle said...

I love the pose! And the jacket! OMG, you must tell me where you got it. I think, my niece needs one. Of course, this is selfish on my part because of she will pass it on to her cousin Sophie when she outgrows it! :)

LaLa said...

Such a sweetie..that backpack looks huge on her : )

Glad she had a good day and obviously she has been listening to her story!

Tracy said...

Love her outfit! Too cute! (Hannah started preschool today.)

mommy24treasures said...

glad her big day went smoothly! She does look pretty loveable;)

Holly said...

Oh she is so cute! I love her little outfit. And the jacket.....ADORABLE!!

Lauren said...

Awww...that is sooo cute! I am glad to hear she had a great day!

kitchu said...

Oh my gosh... she looks SO cute with that backpack, and I'm so glad to hear her first day went so well!

PandaMom said...

She's cute as a button and we NEED that jacket!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my she is just the cutest!!!! Love the outfit and the backpack...
She is toooooooo cute!

Mr.Brian said...

Golly Gee she is just so dang cute.And way to smart for your own good.
So glad to hear she liked it.Would have had mom in tears had she been crying.
And how does the little man like being alone with mom?
You have got such a neat family.I hope to some day get to meet her in person if you ever make it to this area.
Blessing.
Brian.

Beckyb said...

She looks great!!! And yes, I love the jacket too - I would love to know where you got it!!! SO glad school went well!

insanemommy said...

Hey sweetie. Glad her (and yours) first day of pre-school went well. I'm wondering if I would be as brave as you. I just don't want them to grow up so quickly. Not yet anyway....

Smooches.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a cool and fun day ... i am so glad she enjoyed it ... perhaps she could share her secret with Elijah .... lol

Elise said...

You must be so proud!!!!

Truly Blessed said...

They grow up so fast!

Love the shot of her modeling her backpack (it's nearly as big as she is!).

Glad the first day was fun and she wants to go back (one of mine HATED his first day and I had to drag him, kicking and screaming for nine more days before I wised up and withdrew him from the class!).

He's now a bright 7th grader, so no harm was done!

Laura Nipper said...

What a cute big girl she is. I am so glad that she loves preschool. Hope you enjoyed the one on one time with Daniel.

Adele said...

I am thrilled that she loves preschool. Mallory loves it as well. I love her outfit. I saw it in a catalog I have and almost ordered it. I almost ordered the jacket from little lantern designs. It is just the cutest.
She looks precious on her first day. She is a fashion forward young lady.

Nikki said...

Way to go, Fia! It is amazing how quickly the time is going, isn't it!?
She looks sooo cute in her little outfit and carrying her back pack so proudly!
(the comment on the way home would have had me off the road for sure!)
Hugs friend.

Michelle said...

So exciting ... and she looks simply adorable!!

jennifer said...

She is too cute! And so is that jacket, I love it. I am so happy she had such a great time. You must be so proud.

Noemi said...

She looks adorable! Love her first day of school outfit!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Sophie! I liked your first day of school outfit, too!

Mommy Spice said...

I have absolutely loved having spicy girl in pre-k this year. There are 4 of us who teach, so she's not in my class, but I get to see her a lot more. She is loving it too. Today I took pictures of her in chapel singing If You're Happy and YOu Know it...

I'm glad Sophia enjoyed it. I love her jacket!!

crazylady said...

Where is the pencil protector in her pocket? Where is her blackberry? Where is her cell phone?

Nice hair BTW you Valleygirl. Like awmygawd.

Good luck at church bootcamp.

redmaryjanes said...

I LOVE her outfit and I am so happy that she had a great day. She is so beautiful. Did you get my e-mail? Gwen added some things to her gift list.

Praise and Coffee said...

OH what fun!!
Lauren's definitely not ready yet, but she is loving gymnastics.

My schedule is slowing down quite a bit, email me with your days off and we'll have to figure something out for a play date!

Sue

3 Peanuts said...

Congrats on pre-school! She is such a cutie!

Kim

t~ said...

What a big girl! I love W in preschool. It give me time to pee by myself.