My boys either fold their socks down, or push them down to the top of their shoes. My oldest folds his way down below his heel, so none if it shows, but he still has a sock on.
But, honestly, let's face it. No boy WANTS to wear socks, or anything else for that matter. I feel blessed they are dressed when they leave the house.
Love how Deedal is trying out the new sounds he can make with his shoes.
My boys will only weat the ankle socks. And my oldest will even fold his ankle socks below his heel also...
When it does get colder I will make them wear longer socks and just fold them down. But that only works for the two younger ones, there is no way my teenager will wear the higher ones.
My youngest sported crocs all summer and know that Pre-K has started it was a feast to get him to wear closed tennis shoes...
We are having sock issues in our house right now, so it is funny you posted this. Jim wants to put the boy in socks that go almost up to his knees and I cringe at that and say that he looks like a dork that way. The way I do it, is to just scrunch them down because that is the way they end up anyway by the end of school. Yeah we have been doing crocs all summer long and they are so much easier. I hate the having to put the socks and shoes on thing. I guess I am just lazy cause I am glad he's not a girl and I would have to do the hair also. hehe.
I have no boy advice either but your video was so funny. I could totally see you being a host on some reality show. You are so funny! I love how he is toddling around in his little shoes. I am sure no matter how he wears his socks, he is one handsome little man.
My boys like the ankle socks.. they will not wear anything else.. And it is amazing how much he has grown.. HE is very HANDSOME... Thank you again for all your kind words and being there for me... I adore you girly.. Have a Great Day.. Kim
My older boys will only wear the no show socks so that is what I buy for the little one. If he has jeans on then I will put socks with cuffs and just fold them down.
No folding!! I just asked my group of 6th grade boys who were here for library and they all laughed when I asked about folding! "NO NO, you NEVER fold!" So if you want your son to look like a inner-city pubescent boy, follow their advice! I never fold Big Lew's either - I buy him shorty socks. I don't blame your son for kicking and screaming over his footwear. I was doing the same thing when I had to come back to school and wear things other than tshirts, shorts and sandals! Barbara
Hi honey, I knew when I saw the title that I was going to be laughing. His new shoes look great. The socks, you just scrunch them down, no folding over. He looks great right there in the video. My older boys even still just scrunch their socks down. You're doing just fine there!
Yes always scrunch the socks or buy the crew socks. Long socks are used when you wear pants. Daniel looks so cute in the video. His socks look fine to. Maybe he wants to live in San Diego where he can were flip flops and crocs all year around?
You are so funny!! Since I too live in house with all girls, I am using my husband as the source of info. He said "crew sock by all means". So that is said but the little guy is cute with his sippy cup.
I wouldn't stress out on how to wear the sock. You start worrying when he is 19 and still don't know how to wear his socks.
No advice on the sock thing...but your video made me laugh! I see Ava isn't the only one who likes to shake her cup to hear the liquid shlosh around!...only problem is I have to take the valve out until after her palate repair...can't wait until that is done and I don't have sour milk smell everywhere!
Cute video-We have 3 boys. They vote for the "scruch" look, or ankle socks. My girls want the neat folded ones. Your agency information-is it their rule ... or does the CCAA only want only families looking at SN lists that have been through the reveiw room?
You're doing fine... but when he's 10, like my son, be ready for the socks to be 1) missing 2) filthy 3) completely shredded with holes, even if you JUST bought them.
buy the athletic crew sock for sure ... that is the best way for him to be styln' boy cool all the time ...super cute video of the man of the house !!!
You are so cute! The change of seasons can be tramatic for a young child. I remember one fall when Nicholas had a fit over wearing long PJs... it was a battle! I always had him just scrunch them down. I don't know if that is right or not????? Hang in there.... ultimately God is on the throne and you will have access to YOUR baby girl. God's Speed
Oh, he is so cute and you are too funny!!! I say scrunch them down, or if you really want him to be cool, get the no show socks. My older kids will wear nothing else, even in the winter.
My 17 and 14 year old boys will only wear "no show" socks. They are exactly what the name implies. The sock tops are below the top of the sneakers so that you really can't see them. It's fun trying to find these for a size 15 foot!! Oh, and secret agent is right - you'll need to pull is little shorts down so his diaper does show!!
Maybe your child will be the one everyone else over looked. Maybe your child is still on the next list, and will just have a heavenly hold sign on them, and you are the only one who will choose them! Both my sons where on lists for months with out a single family asking about them! They are extremely beautiful kids, they just where waiting for us! You will adopt the child you are supposed to have. There is something very special about this whole process. God is in control!
That's an adorable way to ask for help! Love it, he's a doll.
I buy my boys, all 3 of them the ankle cut socks. I don't like the scrunch or the roll down. It just doesn't do much for the tan lines down here. Socks are sort of 'nonexistent' down here anyway, they are only required to wear them to school.
p.s. I'll be asking for mucho help when my girl comes cuz I only know boys. ;0)
I am a follower of Jesus Christ, Mother, wife, photographer, friend, taxi driver, chef, house cleaner, personal shopper, laundry maid and designer. I count my blessings everyday and LOVE my blended, multi-cultural family! ;)
44 comments:
My boys either fold their socks down, or push them down to the top of their shoes.
My oldest folds his way down below his heel, so none if it shows, but he still has a sock on.
But, honestly, let's face it. No boy WANTS to wear socks, or anything else for that matter. I feel blessed they are dressed when they leave the house.
Love how Deedal is trying out the new sounds he can make with his shoes.
My boys will only weat the ankle socks. And my oldest will even fold his ankle socks below his heel also...
When it does get colder I will make them wear longer socks and just fold them down. But that only works for the two younger ones, there is no way my teenager will wear the higher ones.
My youngest sported crocs all summer and know that Pre-K has started it was a feast to get him to wear closed tennis shoes...
We are having sock issues in our house right now, so it is funny you posted this. Jim wants to put the boy in socks that go almost up to his knees and I cringe at that and say that he looks like a dork that way. The way I do it, is to just scrunch them down because that is the way they end up anyway by the end of school. Yeah we have been doing crocs all summer long and they are so much easier. I hate the having to put the socks and shoes on thing. I guess I am just lazy cause I am glad he's not a girl and I would have to do the hair also. hehe.
I have no advice on the sock issue ... but I'm sure anyway you where them he is going to look adorable. What a grgeous little man he is!!
Your video cracked me up!! I have no sock advice (sorry), but this just made my day! ;)
I have no boy advice either but your video was so funny. I could totally see you being a host on some reality show. You are so funny!
I love how he is toddling around in his little shoes. I am sure no matter how he wears his socks, he is one handsome little man.
You are too funny! I have absolutely NO "boy knowledge" -- none!
You are too funny! I have absolutely NO "boy knowledge" -- none!
Oops! Sorry for the double post! :/
What a cutie! I think you're doing just fine. My guys wore the crew socks.
Blessings,
Sue
I always folded my boys' socks down. Now, they have the no show or ankle socks that mine wear all the time.
Hearing your voice cracked me up. I guess I always read your posts in my southern drawl, so to hear the northern accent shocked me! LOL!!!
how funny! I think its a personality thing. Each of my kids have their quirks.
Love hearing you...
He is so cute!!! "into cold weather" WHAT??? I always forget you are a yank until I hear you of course LOL
I don't know about the socks...the title of your post made me think you were having "other" issues again ; O
My boys like the ankle socks.. they will not wear anything else..
And it is amazing how much he has grown..
HE is very HANDSOME...
Thank you again for all your kind words and being there for me...
I adore you girly..
Have a Great Day..
Kim
My older boys will only wear the no show socks so that is what I buy for the little one. If he has jeans on then I will put socks with cuffs and just fold them down.
No folding!! I just asked my group of 6th grade boys who were here for library and they all laughed when I asked about folding! "NO NO, you NEVER fold!" So if you want your son to look like a inner-city pubescent boy, follow their advice! I never fold Big Lew's either - I buy him shorty socks.
I don't blame your son for kicking and screaming over his footwear. I was doing the same thing when I had to come back to school and wear things other than tshirts, shorts and sandals!
Barbara
You did PERFECT!! I think when he's older he'll want the "no show" socks, but for now...you did good mom. CUTE!
Hi honey,
I knew when I saw the title that I was going to be laughing. His new shoes look great. The socks, you just scrunch them down, no folding over. He looks great right there in the video. My older boys even still just scrunch their socks down. You're doing just fine there!
You need to ask Becky,she is the one with three boys.
I say scrunch them down.
its' been years for me but we did the crew sock or the ankle socks. Personally, I think your boy looks just fine with the socks folded over.
Yes always scrunch the socks or buy the crew socks. Long socks are used when you wear pants. Daniel looks so cute in the video. His socks look fine to. Maybe he wants to live in San Diego where he can were flip flops and crocs all year around?
You are so funny!! Since I too live in house with all girls, I am using my husband as the source of info. He said "crew sock by all means". So that is said but the little guy is cute with his sippy cup.
I wouldn't stress out on how to wear the sock. You start worrying when he is 19 and still don't know how to wear his socks.
Enjoy the day.
No advice on the sock thing...but your video made me laugh!
I see Ava isn't the only one who likes to shake her cup to hear the liquid shlosh around!...only problem is I have to take the valve out until after her palate repair...can't wait until that is done and I don't have sour milk smell everywhere!
Sorry can't help you there;)
...but Kyla has been wearing her hair straight all week and she loves it...thanks for all the advice for taming the tresses.
Adorable! I buy my son the low socks, that stop just at the top of the ankle ball. Then it's not an issue! ;)
LOL! I'm not really sure.......but he is a cutie!
Do they make the low socks in little sizes..that is what my 2 wear, but they are 10 and 14:)
He is adorable no matter how his socks look!!!
Sorry to hear about the COP list...
Hope all goes well.
I will be thinking of you..
Take care
Blogger Hugs
Kim
Your video brightened my day. I have a little girl but I also have two nephews. My sister inlaw scrunches them.
Your son is adorable!!
One nice thing about the cold weather is that you won't have to worry about the socks because they won't show anyway!
Cute video-We have 3 boys. They vote for the "scruch" look, or ankle socks. My girls want the neat folded ones.
Your agency information-is it their rule ... or does the CCAA only want only families looking at SN lists that have been through the reveiw room?
You're doing fine... but when he's 10, like my son, be ready for the socks to be 1) missing 2) filthy 3) completely shredded with holes, even if you JUST bought them.
Enjoy the control while you have it!
buy the athletic crew sock for sure ... that is the best way for him to be styln' boy cool all the time ...super cute video of the man of the house !!!
p.s. i am sorry about the COP and i will pray guidance for your heart!
You are so cute! The change of seasons can be tramatic for a young child. I remember one fall when Nicholas had a fit over wearing long PJs... it was a battle!
I always had him just scrunch them down. I don't know if that is right or not?????
Hang in there.... ultimately God is on the throne and you will have access to YOUR baby girl.
God's Speed
scrunch them down lower
then pull his pants 1/2 way down so his underwear/diaper is showing out the top
teach him how to strut
he'll be stylin
I know the whole COP issue is something that is weighing heavy on your heart...I hope you find some peace there. (one way or another)
The video of Deedal is too cute. I think he is starting to like those new shoes, mom, and his socks looked just fine to me!
Oh, he is so cute and you are too funny!!! I say scrunch them down, or if you really want him to be cool, get the no show socks. My older kids will wear nothing else, even in the winter.
I have no advice on the sock issue but this made me laugh! He is just so stinkin' cute!!!
one word.....scrunch.
folding could be construed as dorky.
My 17 and 14 year old boys will only wear "no show" socks. They are exactly what the name implies. The sock tops are below the top of the sneakers so that you really can't see them. It's fun trying to find these for a size 15 foot!! Oh, and secret agent is right - you'll need to pull is little shorts down so his diaper does show!!
~Carla
Maybe your child will be the one everyone else over looked. Maybe your child is still on the next list, and will just have a heavenly hold sign on them, and you are the only one who will choose them! Both my sons where on lists for months with out a single family asking about them! They are extremely beautiful kids, they just where waiting for us! You will adopt the child you are supposed to have. There is something very special about this whole process. God is in control!
He is so adorable. I can't wait to have my little boy home.
That's an adorable way to ask for help! Love it, he's a doll.
I buy my boys, all 3 of them the ankle cut socks. I don't like the scrunch or the roll down. It just doesn't do much for the tan lines down here. Socks are sort of 'nonexistent' down here anyway, they are only required to wear them to school.
p.s. I'll be asking for mucho help when my girl comes cuz I only know boys. ;0)
Post a Comment