Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Two Monkeys

Now mind you these are cute pictures, but boy do I have my tough days as well. Trying to keep it real here. I'm not all about a happy perfect blog. There are days I am so tired at the end of the day and I think to myself.....OMW....you are LID for another one. Are you out of your mind???? Nah.........I can do it! lol Sophia and Daniel are really becoming quite the pair. I love watching them together.....well, most of the time! lol
Sharing toys in the pool is usually not a problem, however sharing a sippy cup is! The minute Sophia puts her cup down, Daniel is grabbing it. He knows its hers. It's now become a joke to Sophia because she drinks all her juice and then is like"here you go Deedal" or " Deedal want my cup"? And the battle begins.
Blankies are always a must for my two monkeys. Especially for Daniel. There are days Sophia only needs it on the couch but always in bed.
If Thing 1 has a toy, Thing 2 must have one as well. Sometimes the same, sometimes not. This particular day Miss Pill was taking everything away form Daniel. All the little guy wanted to do was play with his green ball. I was running around the house like a crazy woman trying to find her pink ball which was outside in the rain. Sigh....anything for peace in the house, right???
Holding hands while watching a video after bath time. They are really becoming inseparable. This moment nearly brought me to tears....ok it did.
Sharing some goldfish snacks before bed. Sophia is quite good about sharing her snacks with Daniel. However, he grabs the cup for more, Sophia let's out her shriek that can make one go deaf in an instant and I am running to make sure the goldfish aren't spilling out all over my couch! It's non-stop action with The Tribe.

48 comments:

Dannye said...

cute post (as always)...one question tho....did I sleep away Wednesday June 13??? Your post says Thursday June 14....hmmmmm

Steffie B. said...

Thank you for pointing that out Miss LadyDfrog......I plugged in the wrong date! Must be because I am getting so old! lol

Sew Much Fun said...

Precious. It's great that the kids are so close in age and can enjoy moments like this.

Yesterday Gabrielle and I went over to a friends house with a little boy about 6 months older than her and the two of them had a great time looking for frogs in a small fish pond. I realized that I never plan playdates with little boys. They played nicely. Treavors little sister was taking her nap.

Mom 2 six said...

Yes it is crazy, stressful and VERY challenging but so worth it all !
I can not imagine not having all the chaos.
Just remeber Sophia and Daniel will be even older when your new bambino joins the tribe.
Love the pictures !

LaLa said...

Super cute..I can't wait to have some sibling photos myself. I just hope Annslee shares as well as Sophia. : )

sheryl said...

Those are the sweetest pictures of sibling love! My older son and daughter are 27 months apart and they were inseparable at that age. How sweet it will be to see three little ones sharing that bond.

Sheryl

Jill and Jaap said...

Great photos...but I hear ya sister! It's not always coming up roses! But wouldn't trade it for the world!

Linette said...

SO sweet! You can see the love they have for each other in the pictures. They'll always have each other as they get older even when they fight and argue sometimes too. :)

Briana's Mom said...

They are two peas in a pod, are't they? So sweet! Such wonderful pictures!

Nikki said...

You have rough days with THOSE TWO ANGELS????? I don't believe it!

Love the pictures -- they truly capture the very best moments of what it means to be a family!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What sweet, precious, adorable, darling, beautiful little monkeys they are...

4D said...

Sounds like a handful but you love it all.

Keep smilin!

Kim said...

They are really cute.. I remember those days when the kids were little.. Now I think they still do the same things.. fighting over little things.. and they are teenagers..Ha Ha.
You can do it.. it is a different day everyday.. Your a great mom..
Have a Great Day.
Kim

Anonymous said...

that was such a cute post! I especially love the hand holding one!

Nancy said...

I was going back reading some of your older posts, since I am new to your sight.
I just read the Mood Ring incident, and started laughing hysterically out loud.
My 3 boys are wondering what's up!

Thanks for the laugh.

Carrie said...

I love hearing about your tribe Stef! Especially the picture of Daniel's hand over Sophia's arm and a moment of sharing, priceless!!

C's Mom said...

They're so darn cute...that's what saves 'em ;0)

Who needs peace and quiet anyway? ;0) It's over-rated.

Polar Bear said...

They are so sweet together. I am sure they have their moments - as all brothers and sisters do.

I love the picture of them holding hands and sharing the goldfish. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Too precious!! I especially love the one where they are holding hands together on the couch. I'm hoping for some moments like these when Sophia arrives. I'm hoping Natalie can embrace that vision as well...

Tiffany said...

Oh my.... they are just too cute.

Elizabeth said...

I only have one. But on rough days hubby and I ask ourselve, Can we really do two?!?!
But I think rough days are normal part of life. And your pictures are so so so sweet, I want my little pair of monkeys too.

Liz and Ava said...

Tooooo cute!

crazylady said...

I am so holding your virtual hand right now. Don't worry, not touching my mouse anywhere.
Hand holding pics make the haze clear.

Stacey said...

I just found your blog this week. I have enjoyed reading your older post also. What a hoot!

to bad we don't live closer. I am always looking for a Gymboree shopping friend!

I love the picture of the kiddos holding hands! They are so Cute.

Stacey
LID 8-8-06 (seems like 4-ever!)

www.babyjellybeans.com
child's name - Jadalyn Cashion

Mommy Spice said...

AWWWWW! I love these pictures. I feel a little sad that Spicy Girl doesn't have a sibbling...yet. But they won't be close in age. These two are adorable together!!

Gracie said...

They are so cute! I bet they are little monkeies

redmaryjanes said...

They are so cute~
I would love to do FMG. Can we do it on a Saturday? Just meet up with our children. I think they would have a great time!

Truly Blessed said...

Hey pals, we're heading out of town from the 15th - 23rd, so there are a few Sats. that won't work for me (for FMG), then, of course, we hit the end of June and the beginning of the 4th. I really want to meet you & the fams there, so try to be kind when you schedule it! Also, have you "met" Sue (from Praise & Coffee?) She's S. of GR & wants to come, too!

Stef, your kids are a hoot. Way to cute for words!

Holly said...

They are so adorable together. I know you are just longing to be able to take pictures of your three little ones together!!

Andie said...

Steffie...that is TOO precious! Yes, at the end of the day I'm usually tripping over my own feet I'm so tired. But those adorable, sweet, precious moments just make it all worth it!
BLessings-Andie

dawn said...

I cannot wait for sibling moments, be them love or war.

They look adorable together.

Mr.Brian said...

How close in age are they?????
And when is the big 40 day????
Go check my post,just do not drink anything before you read it.I would not want you spraying the screen.
Also I did tag you last week get with the program kiddo!LOLOL

Anonymous said...

I love these moments. They are so cute together!

Mr.Brian said...

I see the little snots are at it again on Emmie's post.
Please give her a hug from me and tell her I thinks she is a great kid.And to heck ( I would prefer to use stronger words) with those brats.

D & S said...

Way too cute!

Chrissie said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love their little hands. Can't wait to see the third one on the couch, and then the fourth :)


www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

I love these photos! It'll be so interesting to see how these two do as older siblings. I'm sure they'll be awesome! I'm kind of sad that Hannah and her sister will probably be more than 4 years apart.:(

The Johnson Family said...

Okay I am de-lurking I have been reading your posts as well and they are so funny! I love having kids close in a ge as well. You are on My sister-in-law Gwen's list and now My friends Chrissie and laura. I love the pictures on the couch reminds me of my twins. Have a great day! Crystal

The Johnson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

They are too cute. Just think how bored you might be if you actually got to sit down every once in a while!

Melanie said...

Thats so sweet they love each other that much!!!

So cute pictures,the ones of Sophia holding Daniel's hand are really sweet!

-Melanie-

www.picturesartmemories.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

I love the way you see your kids.
Have a wonderful Day!!

cougchick said...

A-freakin-dorable!

Laura Nipper said...

Love the pictures of your sweet kids. They are just darling. Looks like they are best friends. :)

Colleen said...

I just love the pictures and I love how you document whats going on - you can just hear to love ooozing!!! :-)

CNA said...

Hey! My name is Caitie and I go on Emmie's blog a lot. It's really nice to see some more pictures of Sophia. She's so beautiful. Feel free to visit my blog.

~Caitie

journeytomymeimei.blogspot.com

insanemommy said...

What? They don't slap the snot outta one another?! I swear my girls are just trying to push me over the edge. If you don't see me some day it's because I'm in the "Nut-House". The big one!

Rony

p.s. Very sweet your two.....Can I send mine up for a visit? I'll pick them up in uh, well....

Emmie said...

Glad you finally decided to do a post that wasn't about Daniel's balls...lol jkjk!

They are indeed becomming quite close! It's so cute to see them together! My adorable little siblings! :)
Proud big sissy over here...