So I have been doing a little thinking about how I am going to blog over the summer. Posting is easy for me. My camera is always handy and the chicklets are always with me. Some posts may be novels and others just little snippets. However, commenting on everyone's blog is what I am having a hard time with. After my de-lurking post, I added about 25 new blogs which has been great, but you know the drill. ;) I realized today there were a few blogs that I had not been to in a while. Just total forgetfulness on my part or missing them in my ever growing sidebar of blogs. lol So the past two days, I have immediately commented when someone comments on my post. I think that is what I am going to try and do for a while. They come to my email, so I click and go directly to that blog. NOW....that is NOT to say that if you don't feel like commenting that I'm not going to visit your blog. But summer is what we live for at the lake, and I love being outside with the kids. My plan is going to be to get through my blog list twice a week. If you find my post funny or interesting enough to leave a comment, I'll respond ASAP. This is what I feel I at least need to do through summer. I hope you all understand. Thing 1, Thing 2 and Thing Teen keep me hopping over here. I love you all, but I'm sure you understand that the Tribe comes first! ;) Hope I haven't ticked anyone off...that was not my intention. Hugs.......S*
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






43 comments:
Summer is for the kids! Amen to that!!!
PS - use Bloglines, so much easier to keep up with blogs!
WHAT?!?!?!
You have a LIFE?!?!?!
Frienship over!
I saw all your blogs and you will not offend me at all if you don't comment - as someone had mentioned before, summer is for fun - enjoy the small time you have with them. I will always check you out on bloglines.
You are choosing your family over us blogging fans??How dare you putting your family needs before us.
You will be missed on a daily basis but I totaly understand.Thing 1 ,Thing 2 and Teen thing need to be spending quality time with Thing mom.
Enjoy the lake and have fun!!!!
Enjoy your summer and your family. Blogging shouldn't be a priority.
Have a wonderful time with all the Things. That cracks me up!
That is what I do most of the time, it's just easier. Enjoy your tribe and keep us up to date on your funny stories. I think you should write a book! "Tribes and Tribulations"!!!!!
I completely understand! Summertime is all about spending time with family and blogging (although great) shouldn't be a top priority when the weather is great AND you live on the lake. I had no idea-I'm so jealous. :)
Enjoy your awesome family!!
I feel the exact same way. We live for summer here too. The kids love the pool. We put things off till winter all the time. Can't do anything else, those wonderful Indiana winters.(yuck)- too many old gray days. Enjoy your family. They grow up too quick.
I know how you feel, it can be overwhelming, I will also just do what I can.
The family has to come first!
I also will be outside enjoying my girls this summer as much as possible ... I, like you, will find a way to visit and comment on Blogs that is a nice balance for me. I look forward to sharing in your summer however you choose to share it with us! :-)Your Blog is just so much fun!
I know exactly how you feel!
Do whatever works best for you :-)
I know what you mean. I have been trying to spend less time on the computer and spend more time spending time with family and friends!
Bloglines really helps -I follow way too many blogs but it flags the ones that have a new post instead of having to go through every one.
LOVE IT !
Summer is for the kids- Enjoy.
We will always be here.
You just enjoy those wonderful kidlets of yours and that summer fun!!! I can relate...my busyness kept me from blogging for awhile and it was all good...everyone knows life is busy....that is of course the best way to be:) Can't wait to see what you are all up to this summer!!!
yup ticks me off big time, the nerve of you putting family before us, your bloggy friends, how take time to....oh wait what is it that ticks me off??? oh yeah, nothing!!
no probs here....summers always are the best (except when it is so muggy humid hot....oh yeah that's always in Fla. in the summer...oh well!!)....
Believe me...I only have one Thing to keep up with and she keeps me hopping. We are enjoying the outdoors too so I totally understand!! Have Fun
I totally understand... any comment you leave is alway welcomed at any time.
If you just didn't have such a huge fanbase Miss. Thang!
Just don't forget about us and nobody gets hurt!
Seriously, this summer is going to be sooo wonderful...get out there and enjoy every moment.
XOXOXOXO
Great idea. Have an awesome summer. I'll be stopping by on my normal, regular basis!!
Totally understand. You are so blessed to live right on the lake, you ought to enjoy it.
www.heart4malawi.blogspot.com
Great idea but Melissa has it right. Bloglines is the way to go. I am so happy that I finally started using it. Enjoy the time with your "things" and enjoy that fantasmic dock and sunbathing pad. Super cool!
No need to respond this this post . . . but excellent choice. This blog thing can become overwhelming. It is more important to have the opportunity to capture a little history on our children with our posts. As a mom I feel that one of my most importnat roles is being a historian for my child as there may not be anyone around later in her life who remembers the early years. I always enjoy when I reading your blog but only comment now and then. I read it much more frequently than I comment.
Have Fun! I have you on my bloglines... It makes it so much easier.
Enjoy your Summer!
Now you've done it...... you will end up with 84 comments on every post... teehee
Have a wonderful, funfilled, sunshiney day!!!!!!!!!
P.S. When I comment 3+times on one post my feelings won't be hurt if you only visit and comment once... hehee
When are you coming my way for a playdate at the beach?!!!!!!!!!!!
Your one wise girl !! ( and I wasn't meaning a crack up, but your that too !!)
Blessings ~
Get out! Enjoy the kids, sunshine, and summer while it lasts!!
(Note to self - comment on Steffie's blog twice a day!)
Just kidding. :)
It gets hard because you find more and more blogs that you like to read - but its tough to keep up. I've kinda been doing some of what you said. I want to get on bloglines...I just haven't had a second to figure it out. I am not very smart when it comes to bloggie stuff.
Bloglines is great. I have 108 feeds right now. (whew) I spend so much reading blogs that I usually forget to post on my own. I like it that way though, I'm not much of a poster because all my kids right now are gone (old enough to have moved out) I don't find my life really 'interesting' right now.
enjoy your summer~It goes by all to fast!!
Sounds like a great plan to me! Enjoy the summer with your cuties!
Enjoy your summer, you know all your fans will be still waiting, we love ya what can we say!!
My oldest only has 4 days of school left and then it's full gear in to summer.
Here's to sun and fun!!
Cheers!!
Keep up with the sounds and sites of summer. You only get to do it for a short time with thing 1 and 2. Keep us posted when you can...we will always be here.
I try to get through my bloglines twice per week. Sometimes I do and others well...you understand.
That is pretty much what I am getting to myself. I always go to the blogs I have comments from first and then I filter through the others as time allows. I have been pretty good about getting to see everyone, but some days it just doesn't work out.
I completley understand. Family is what should come first! I admire you for putting your foot down and walking away from the computer! Thats what Im working on this summer!
I hear ya! Haven't had time to post, let alone leave many comments lately. Priorities!
Totally understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Summer doesn't last long enough so you enjoy the Things and the Lake.
Sounds fair to me! I totally understand. I'm following your lead and am going through my Google Reader as we speak weeding out the blogs I just don't connect with any more. (Don't worry I still have you in my "love 'em" folder! :) Life is too short to be sitting at my computer all summer, reading. I'll catch up with them again when we're a little less busy. You get out there and enjoy your summer with Thing 1, Thing 2 and Teen! Have fun!
as long as you hang with me on occassion, I'm cool wid dat.
HELLO, MISSED THE MEMO....HAPPY FREAKIN' BIRTHDAY. TAKE OFF YOUR SUIT!
Well you big bratt!!!!
Happy 40th Birthday from one old fart to an other.
Hope the day was as special as you are.
I expect to read all about it this weekend.
"Happy Birthday to you.....
Happy Birthday to you.....
Happy BIRTHDAY dear Steffanie.....
Happy Birthday to you......
and many more....."
Happy Birthday Friend!
It only gets better.... waiting to turn 40 is much worse than actually being 40 and just think you will always be YOUNGER than me!
And...... you are now a member of the 40 OR MORE, HOT MAMA, YA YA SISTER HOOD CLUB....
WELCOME.....
Happy Birthday
way to go! the big 4-0. Rony gets the cred for spillin de beans.
Hey sweet cheeks. Don't feel badly about not responding to your blogger buddies cus your enjoying your oh-so glama life. I barely have time to check in and I don't have a beach house or a summer cottage like um, some of you.. There are so many wonderful fun sites out there in blog land that I don't want to miss... Enjoy your summer but check in with me from time to time. I love hearing about your fun life.
Rony
Get Bloglines for sure. It helps so much.
But, like you, I am going to run and enjoy my summer so my comments may not be as many....though I still love keeping up.
Now - go enjoy. The sun is shining :0)
I hear ya, having 3 boys home for the summer has certainly squished my blog time down to not much. I still reserve naptime for pc time.
Use bloglines, it helps, but it still takes time.
Post a Comment