I thought my morning would be like usual. Daniel woke up first, happily saying that he wasn't sick anymore. He comes downstairs and drinks his warm milk followed by his granola bar. At 6:10 I go in to wake up Emmie and Sophia gets up at 6:30. The morning flows as it usually does......breakfasts and packing lunches for the girls. Daniel watches Handy Manny and Andrew remains in his la la world of sleep. Out the door at 7:10 goes Emmie to head off to her student council meeting. At 7:17 the phone rings and I think to myself that she is either in the ditch or she forgot something and needs me to bring it. Sure enough, I hear the unsettled tone in her voice as she tells me she went off the road. I asked her where she was and she said right by Camp Manitoulin. I asked her if she is ok to which she said yes, I ask her if the air bag deployed to which she said no and then I ask her if the vehicle was still running and she said no. That she turned it off because it smelled like fire. I told her I would call her back in 5 minutes. I bolted upstairs to get David and then knew I would be the one taking Fia to school. So, I quickly wake up Andrew, call Emmie back to tell her Dad was on the way. She told me one of our friends from church { Gregg Granger} stopped and helped her out of the car and into his. I was so thankful. David left about 5-6 minutes before me. I gathered all the little ones in the Mama Machine, breakfast to go for the boys, got Fia suited up in her snow gear and I decided that I would go to see Emmie and see if everything was ok. You see, in my mind, I envisioned her car off to the right side of the road, the front end down in the snow and her car slightly on an angle. That is NOT what I came upon as I found her on the first bend of Briggs Road. All the pictures taken were about and 1 1/2 later of the accident. I decided to go back and look at it again. At that point the wrecker was there and I watched as they pulled her vehicle out and I was able to see just how much damage was done and how lucky she really was.
When I saw that she had gone off in a COMPLETELY different area then I had thought and that she had gone through the chain link fence, I began sobbing before I even got out of my vehicle. Her jeep ripped through the fence and the fence came totally back over the jeep once she was through. The top of the bar on the fence was torn apart. I ran to her and held her and just sobbed......then I couldn't breathe.....all I could do was hold her and stare at her car and the tree that was through the front of it.
The wrecker took the whole road to pull her out.
Taken with my cell phone. You can see the tree stuck in the front of
Thank you Lord for protecting my child. She is home, she is sore, she has pain medications from the Doctor to take and is staying home tomorrow. And now, I am going to cuddle up in bed with my girl. Thank you to all who called, emailed and checked in with me. Love you all.












21 comments:
Oh my word. Just my worst nightmare Steffie. I am so glad she is okay and you all are safe at home tonight. Take care...
Praying she is feeling better! It is not a call anyone wants to get...especially a mama! Been there...
I'm a complete mess after reading this, I can't imagine anything more scary. Hugs to you and your girl. I'm so glad she's okay!!
Wow that is amazing. So glad she is okay.
How scary! I am so glad she is okay!
As a mom to two teens... this is definitely the call I dread the worst. So grateful that your sweet girl is ok and that the angels had their hands upon her this morning. I will keep you in my prayers as you process all the what if's and thankful you have your girl to snuggle with! Big hugs!
I have a 17 year old and everytime he walks out of the door I pray and everytime he walks back in I Thank God.
Hugs to both of you!!
Steffie, now I'm crying for you both. It is a mother's worst nightmare. She's been through a lot with this, time and lots of love will heal.
Will keep you both in my prayers.
xoxo
Gail
Glad she is okay, Stef!! Sheesh. How scary! My son will start driving this year as well (he's 16 in a couple weeks) and I don't look forward to it.
I'm so glad God was watching over Emmie this morning!! Bless her heart, I hope she feels better FAST!!!!!!!!!
Debbie
Steffie, Glad shes ok! Praise God. Let me tell you from one momma whose been thru this, once your child is in a wreck it really unnerves you, I'm sorry to say. I look back on the time before Andrew's wreck and wish I had that confidence back about my kids safety. Now I just do alot of praying! Sure wish the driving age would be raised to.........30! lol.... Give your girl a big hug!
Very very scary. So glad to hear she's okay.
So scary! So glad she is home safe and sound.
How scary for her... and all of you.
Thankful to read that she is okay, and home safe and sound in your arms! ;-D
This is such a concern of parents, Stef. I'm so glad Emily is OK.
love, hollym.
I am so thankful she is okay! I hope the visit to the doctors was good...she's been in my thoughts all day. Many hugs to you momma!
How Scary....I am so glad that she is OK.
Donna
So glad she is okay.
Steffie we are so thankful that your Emmie is okay. How scary it must have been. Our son will turn 16 in March and he can't wait to start driving..I on the other hand worry about things like this to the point it makes me feel ill. Hugs!!!
Oh Stef, I am so sorry and can only imagine the fear that paralyzes your body when you get a call like that. Thank God she is ok.
xox
soooo scary.. I have tears in my eyes reading this..
Big Hugz..
you never want to see your babies go through this .
Glad everyone is ok..
Love ya
Post a Comment