It has been exactly 1 year since this precious boy stepped foot into our home and April 22nd, he is scheduled to have the Open Heart Surgery needed for him to have a better and healthy life. We will be leaving our home on April 21st ( Daniel's birthday) at 6:30 AM to drive 2hr./45min to get him checked in, prepped and cleared for surgery. Words can't really describe the emotions that we are feeling as a family right now. When we initially filled out our paperwork, carefully checking off what we felt as a family we could deal with, I really didn't think about what it would feel like to actually go through it. It seemed so very "matter of fact" and a situation we would deal with and medically take care of should we be matched with a child that needed medical attention. I wasn't nervous or scared at all. Now, that our Son has been home with us, and once again we have seen the perfect plan of our Lord placing him with our family, I am ready to admit that I have been ill over this for days now. Bottom line: David and I are scared. Little did I know at the time of paperwork that a "heart child" would require stopping the heart during surgery and all other vitals would be "kept going"by a machine. Perhaps denial on my part, but now it is reality and I'm not sure as a Mother that this is going to be easy for me or my husband. I would like to ask those of you that are reading this for prayer. Simple and powerful prayer for my Son. He is scheduled at 6AM Thursday morning. It is a 3-4 hour surgery. If during that time he happens to come to your mind, if you would just please stop and pray for a safe and successful surgery. I would be so grateful. I will be updating my Facebook as things progress during the day. We will be at the Detroit Children's Hospital of Michigan. Our stay will probably be 4-5 days, depending on Andrew's recovery. David will be staying with me through Friday morning and then heading back home to help with our children and calm some of their anxiety over this. (Emmie and Fia) I have done everything possible to have our home run smoothly while I am gone. I made meals, cleaned rooms, set out Fia's clothes for school and hopefully left a clear schedule. I am grateful that my close friend Kimberley is willing to make the drive and come be with me over the weekend. I will do my best to keep everyone updated via email, instant message, the blog and FB. Thank you in advance for your prayers. I love you all. And most of all......we love you, our sweet, precious Andrew David! ;)






35 comments:
Thank goodness for family......thank goodness for Kimberley.....and.....thank goodness for your faithful prayer warriors whose prayers will sustain you..lift you up.....and lay you before the feet of our Heavenly Father each moment during this time. Know that I am one of these people and I am praying.
you got it Steffie. God speed.
Lea
xo
Please know I'm praying for peace and healing for your sweet boy.
As a mother I know this is so difficult for you, and I'm praying for you too. I have great faith ALL will go well! Please call me(and I really mean it) for any questions or if you just want to talk Steffie. I'm here for you anytime.
xoxo
We will pray without ceasing on the day of surg. will anxiously await updates.
You all will be in my prayers on Thursday. I will be heading up to Detroit first thing on Friday morning. I know in my heart that God brought Andrew home to be a part of your family forever and that everything is going to be just fine. He and Sophia are tied in so many ways and I know that he is going to come through this just as happy and healthy as she has.
If you need anything this week, you just let me know. I am here for you.
We'll be praying here in TN!!! Girl, just remember God knew all these details about the surgery long before you even considered it. He loves sweet little Andrew even more than you do. He will wrap His loving arms around you & David during it all.
Praising God that He brought Andrew to your beautiful family so he could get the surgery that he needed. Take care friend. We will be praying!!!!!
-C
Prayers have been flowing since our email conversation this week. I'm here for you. As a SN heart mommy, I remember the stress of Josie's surgery. I wrote about it last night on our blog. Please know that I'll be thinking about you. Our heart children are amazing. Extra prayers and many many virtual hugs!!
I left a post a few minutes ago and said Daniel not Andrew as Daniels pictute and birthday post is right here..as soon as I hit send I realized I typed the wrong name (SORRY)..
Andrew and your family will be in my prayers..hugs to all of you!
Steffie..you know I am only a text away...I am here for you...I love you and will be praying for Andrew. You and David stay strong...{{{}}} you have so many praying for you. Give Andrew and big kiss and squeeze from us....love you girl.
{{{{}}}}
Your whole family will be in my prayers, I hope for quick healing.
Take Care, Cora
All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Steffie,
You and your family will be in thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted,
Many hugs,
Dawn
Praying for your little man!
You will all be in my prayers!!!!!
Andrew and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Our little man we'll meet in a couple of weeks is also a heart child".
Dear Steffie,
First of all please know we will be praying for your sweet Andrew and your whole family. I will be living vicariously through you because I know I will be in your shoes one of these days. Reading your words, I had chills... you are so right about not really knowing how it will feel. There is no way I will know until I am doing it but I do know how a mom's heart feels about her child. I will so be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. I also pray you can sleep tonight and know God is going ahead of you all preparing the way.
Blessings!
Sharon
I enjoyed our little chat yesterday. I have already started praying for precious Andrew. I will be checking back to find out how things are going. Know that you and your family are covered in prayer by so many people who love and care about you.
Adele
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet
Hi Steffie...our Kira went through surgery (not heart) and I know how scared we were and it was just her tonsils and adenoids. I can only imagine how your feeling being Daniel's precious heart. Hugs to you and please know we will be praying hard for a safe surgery. xoxo
Janice
Andrew will be in our constant prayers and those of many others. HUGS!!!!
You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers..
you know you can call at anytime..
Loveyou tons.. and Andrew will do well..
HUGS...
Love & prayers for your perfect, beautiful son. He is the perfect gift for your family. I will be thinking of him on Thursday and through his recovery.
Of course I'll pray for your little love, Steffie!
love, hollym.
OH, Steffie...I just can't imagine the emotions you are going through. I am praying for Andrew and will think of him and all of you these next several days.
I just know in my heart that this will all be behind you in a few days and that the life Andrew has ahead of him will be so full and wonderful.
He is so incredibly beautiful and blessed to have his loving family by his side every single day.
Know that we, your friends, are sitting with you and holding your hand in spirit.
xooxxo
Hugs,
Dita
Dear Andrew, you are an amazing boy who has touched so many lives, those of people you see regularly to those you haven't actually met. You have a big surgery coming up and though it may seem scary, you are not alone... people from all over are sending you hugs on the wind and prayers asking God to watch over you. Very soon you will be up and running around with your mom capturing your magical smile and twinkling eyes in the process.
Steffie, big hugs to you my friend. When Baden had his first surgery two years ago I was nervous, and it didn't matter how many times I told myself that this was a routine surgery. The only people it was routine for were the members of the surgical team... there was nothing routine about it for me. I'll be thinking of you guys and looking forward to good news.
Thinking of you guys and praying all goes well. Your post broke my heart as a mommy it is soooo hard and I know you are scared. Just know Andrew is surrounded by our prayers. Keep us posted.
awww...I will be thinking of y'all and sending up prayers! Update as you can!
Hugs,
Carla
Steffie,
I found your blog while looking for adoption blogs and I thought, 'hey, I know those people!' I taught Emmie in 8th grade. Wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family. Please pass along these words to Emmie as well! She is in my prayers specifically! I know how much little Andrew means to her (as well as the rest of her siblings!) God bless!
Laura Nikkel
Children's is one of the best in the country. He is in good hands both physically and spiritually. He will be up and around again before you know it.
praying for your family and especially Andrew.
I too will be thinking of you all and praying for dear Andrew tomorrow. Here's to a speedy recovery and return home. Hugs, Dale (waiting mom in MD)
Warm wishes from our family to yours for an easy surgery and a speedy recovery.
Lord Father God I thank you for the Miracle of Andrew. I thank you for the life that you have provided for him. Father I lift up Andrew to you asking for a miracle. Father I ask that you put a hedge of protection around his heart. Father I ask that you send your angels to fill the surgery room. Lord I pray for the doctors that will work on him, Father that you help them to stay alert through such a long process. That you would give them Your wisdom in knowing what to do and when to do it. Lord I ask that you give Andrew's family a peace that surpasses all understanding. Lord may you work a miracle and Father may you recieve all of the Glory! In your mighty name!
Amen
Steffie, I am praying for Andrew!! I know what it is like having your baby have a major surgery and how Mommy and Daddy feels. Please know I am praying!!
God be with you!
Debbie
Dear Steffie,
We are all praying here and thinking of you and your family. You are an amazing strength for your family and your little boy. We will keep you in our prayers.
with love!
Post a Comment