Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good-Bye Summer

Bike Washing
When they play good together it is great. They all get into what they are doing and the chatter that you hear is quite interesting. The boys are all about trucks, tools and helping Daddy. Sophia is still a Princess and always reminds us of that fact too. I think they could have washed their bikes for hours. It was very cute. Bike Washing (3 of 1)
Bike Washing (2 of 1)
Andrew (3 of 1)
'Daniel
And here is Daniel, better known as "Bubba". Princess Fia
Andrew or better known as Buddha
Andrew who is better known as "Buddha". Emmie (9 of 1)
And my girl that is growing up way too fast. She has made the JV volleyball team and is full force with practice and games before school evens starts. She is currently filling out an application to work in an orphanage in Africa next summer. It is the same one where Gwen's two children are coming from. So, it looks like a strong possibility that the 3 of us are making a trip there to serve. We are really excited. Have a fabulous Labor Day weekend.

17 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

They are all as cute as can be......and growing up so fast, even your babies!!

That is wonderful that Emmie wants to volunteer her time......I will be anxious to see what happens....Keep us posted!!

xoxo,

Lisa

Musings from Kim K. said...

Lovely pictures. I really wish it could be July all over again. That's absolutely wonderful news about Emmie. I can't wait to hear more!!

Sandra said...

Summer came and went way too fast, didn't it?

I love the fact that Emmie wants to work in an orphanage. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she obviously has a beautiful heart, too.

mommy24treasures said...

oh they are so so darling! these are my fac kind of pics. Just seeing the kids busy:)
That is awesome news about E!
I hope her headache issues have gotten better...
How was the Chicago photo class?
Did you have fun?
Love
C

Becky said...

The kids look gorgeous as always! What wonderful news about Emmie. She is such kind soul.

Loved meeting you this past weekend. Have a great day!

Becky

Leah said...

They are getting so big. Ashlyn had her first volleyball game last night. They won it easily. So much fun to watch.

Shelly and Family said...

Oh Steffie - that is just way too cute! I kno what you mean about the summer coming to an end and how there are days that is seems like the kiddos can play together forever! Hope you had a great time at the work shop...can't wait to see some photos!

As for Emmie doing some work in Africa ~ that is truly amazing!

Gail said...

Adorable pics of your littles Steffie...I know the Summer has gone way too fast!

What a beautiful girl your Emmie is on all levels, the outside and most importantly the inside. She 'gets' it...
Very cool that the 3 of you may be serving at an orphange next Summer. I plan to make a trip to serve at William's foster home in China in the next 2-3 years. :)

hugs to you friend!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow! Very cool that you are thinking about going to Africa.
Love the pics, let's set up lunch. Did you get my e-mail about our favorite waiter?

Jboo said...

Such little cuties and your big girl too! What a big heart she has to volunteer like that! Good for her and you too! Have a great Wednesday!

Janet

Sheri said...

Your kids are so adorable! I agree that summer has come to an end much too quickly!

It was great meeting you at the photography workshop. I hope our paths cross again very soon.

Kim said...

I would LOVE to go to Africa.. How fun..
LOVE the photos..
Looks like the kids are loving summer..
Sorry it had to go away soo quick. you can come here for awhile .. we are still going strong..
Love ya..
nice chatting with you girly..

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so very perfectly named. I thought of it again as I scrolled through the faces of all these beauties you have :)!

day by day said...

Your little ones are adorable and your big girl is just beautiful!

How exciting to be planning a trip to Africa!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Amazing how much fun a water hose can be! lol

Congratulations to your baby girl on making the volleyball team ! Woo Hoo! The little ones will just love cheering for her!She will have her own set of groupies. lol

Dita said...

I feel like I was right there watching them washing their bikes. My brother and I used to spend hours doing the same thing!

I can't believe how big your Littles have gotten this summer.....and, Emmie...well, what can I say about her..she just takes my breath away!

Leslie said...

I just read your post and realized what a small world it is, my sister in law and niece were in the Amani Baby Cottage this past Feb for 2 weeks and I got them in contact with Gwen, they have pictures of her little ones. They loved the experience, my niece was 14 when she went too. If you have any questions I am sure they would be happy to share them with you.
Leslie