Friday, July 31, 2009

Good-Bye my sweet Sister

The Tribe
After nearly 4 years of being nothing short of an angel to my children, Ingrid left two days ago to attend school in Amsterdam to get her Masters Degree. She will be there for a year. While I know in my heart that this will be an incredible year for her, I am so sad to have her leave. The bond that she has with the children, ESPECIALLY Sophia is one that is very hard to see let go. The last few days before she left Sophia became quite unsettled with it all and it broke my heart. Much of who Sophia is, Ingrid nurtured. Her artistic ability, her love for music and nature, her creativity and her passion to play the piano. Thank you so much my sweet sister for loving Sophia and taking care of her at a time that I was so overwhelmed with Daniel. Asian Love
When Daniel came along, he was a challenge for all of us. Ingrid soon realized the best way to handle him. I actually learned quite a bit from her since my personality and Daniels are very much a like. I guess I am admitting to being high maintenance too then.....lol......oh well....at least I can admit it. Daniel adores Ingrid and loved it when he could have his one on one days with her. When Ingrid would walk through the door, Daniels big blue eyes would light up the room. Thank you Ingrid for taking the time and having the love to except our high strung little boy. ;) Sweetness
Emmie and Ingrid did and talked about all things girly. Shopping, art, religion, life, boys,
travel and their dreams. I know that Emmie will miss
those times with Ingrid as well. desktop 016
It was no surprise that Andrew took to Ingrid as well. I was so thankful that she could stay here with Sophia and Daniel while we brought Andrew home. I know that Andrew will wonder where Ingrid is. He loved giving her hugs. I and A
Before Ingrid left, I had found a picture that she drew of herself and Ingrid. It was precious. I took it in to be framed and gave it to Ingrid along with a whole picture book that I uploaded online with several pictures of our family and her with the children. We are going to miss her so much but wish her all the best as she begins another phase of her life. I love you sweet sister of mine! Ingrid (32 of 1) Ingrid (28 of 1) Ingrid (25 of 1) Ingrid (30 of 1) Ingrid (15 of 1) Ingrid (4 of 1)
With All My Love......
S*

22 comments:

rottylover79 said...

Awwhh, so bittersweet. I can only imagine the sadness you all feel, especially your lil' 'tribe'. Bless you all.

p.s. what beee-autiful photos, absolutely gorgeous!

p.s.s how'd I get so lucky to be the first to comment!??

Musings from Kim K. said...

Ok. I'm wiping away tears. What a beautiful post. Such amazing pictures. Such an amazing bond she has with your children. She sounds like an absolutely amazing sister. Best wishes with her graduate schooling. Hugs!!

Shonni said...

Such beautiful pictures!!! And what a beautiful post about the love of family and how the LORD brings us all together!

Jboo said...

What a wonderful sister you have there - such a blessing! She sounds quite amazing! Beautiful photos! Maybe you can plan a trip and go visit her while she's getting her Masters! Have a great weekend.
Janet

Sandra said...

What a sweet post!!! You have a beautiful sister. I know you will miss her, but a year goes by so fast and what a great place to visit!!! Let me know if you plan a visit to Amsterdam; I just might have to visit one myself ;-)

Gail said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post Steffie and how great she could be such a part of your childrens' lives. They will have that bond forever I'm sure. Gorgeous pics as always!

Kim said...

BEAUTIFUL... I am crying over here...
Ingrid is BEAUTIFUL.. and she has a BEAUTIFUL heart and has had precious time with your WONDERFUL Children.. they will love her and cherish her FOREVER...
LOVE ya girly..

mommy24treasures said...

oh I know you will all miss her presence so much... What cherished memories you have...

Kristy said...

Oh Steffie, I can feel your sadness in your words. I don't know what I would do if my sister left my side. I want you to know that these pictures are not only beautiful they are absolutely priceless. Your sister is incredibly breathtaking. I will be thinking about you and remember it is only for one year.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Anonymous said...

So sad to see her go, but what wonderful pictures. My absolute favorite is the 4th from the bottom - your editing is awesome! Love the colors, location - well everything:)

My "sister" (technically my cousin, but I think they forgot to tell us as she grew up with me;) lives in Indiana and although it is not as far as Europe, I know it is hard to not have her with you.

Blessings, Ashley

Truly Blessed said...

How fortunate your children are to have such a close and loving auntie. And she has also been blessed, I'm sure, by her relationship with her nieces and nephews. I hope she enjoys her stay in Amsterdam, and good for her for following her dream across the ocean!

LOVE the B/W shot of everyone on the dock with only Ingrid looking back at you -- what an incredible photo!!

Hoping we can get together soon.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Awwww Steffie {{{{hug}}}}} You already know how beautiful I think your sister is : )
These pictures are just stunning.What lasting memories for all of you.
I wish I could just hug you right now. I know how sad you are feeling.
Hang in there my high maintenance Coach loving girlfriend : )

With Love.....Colleen<~~Thinking of you.

Nancy said...

This is such a sweet tribute to your sister.
Now you will have to plan a trip to Amsterdam...

Missy said...

Steffie,
This is the sweetest post!!! Ingrid is beautiful! WOW! Congrats to her as she goes to Amsterdam. I know you will all miss her so much. She'll be back before you know it!
Hugs!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

your sister I am sure feels blessed to have spent this time with you and your family. By the look of these fabulous pictures they ALL think so.

Lea
xo

hollym. said...

I'm so glad you're back, Steffie, but you made me cry....Beautiful pictures of your sweet family.

Dita said...

What a beautiful post and tribute to your sister who has been such a big part of your family's lives these past several years.

I am so excited for her as she embarks on the most incredible journey. Ah, to do it all over again! I did the first of my graduate work at the University of Amsterdam and spent 2 glorious years there long before I ever knew my husband or children.

She is in for the journey of a lifetime!

Keri said...

Ingrid is such a gorgeous woman!!! I'm sure you guys will miss each other a lot. How wonderful that you have each other.

Keri

Mommy Spice said...

She is just so beautiful. What a blessing to have had her in your family's life. I know you'll miss her.

3 Peanuts said...

These are GORGEOUS photos Steffie. I cannot read the text (my Mac issue again)...but your sister is so beautiful and I can tell you have a lovely relationship!

Kim

Shelly and Family said...

what a truly beautfiul message to your sister...

(aren't they just amazing - those sisters of ours...)

Hope all is well...

Shawnstribe said...

Steffi we are only a 45 min plane ride from Amsterdam,we are in Norwich Uk.
If Ingrid would like to comeover toEngland please assure her of a very warm welcome : )
xxx
s
and of course if she needs anything, please just shout : )
xxx
s