Things are going remarkably well here. Andrew has completely flipped with the time change in a matter of two days of being home. He is still waking up several times during the night, but the past few nights I have been able to get back to sleep quickly. I don't think he realizes when I come in. I don't believe he is having full blown night terrors, but he does cry. I think his little mind is in over drive. There are times he calls out "Mama" and when that happens I think he knows when I am there. I have established a night time routine with all of them and it is going well. I am gradually feeling better with the jet lag. David is doing ok, but Emmie is having a terrible time. I am hoping by the end of this week to feel normal again. Sophia keeps saying that she is so glad that Baby Andrew is home and how cute he is. Daniel is adjusting and Andrew is taking it all in like a champ.
Daniel is having the hardest time. Everything that use to be "his" is now for another brother to play with as well. I knew that this would be the case. I need to have a bit more patience with him. I'm afraid I have had a short fuse with him the last few days. I blame this on the jet lag. This is going to be a better week. I am praying about this issue and I know that it will get better. The language barrier is a tough one as well, but as I stated in China, I've got one smart little firecracker on my hands. We are working through it together. There are times that Andrew cries when he doesn't get what he wants either. We are having to take turns and share. So really, both boys are adjusting to this fact. Sophia is doing quite well. She is much easier to talk to....after all....she has had Thing 2 to deal with......lol!
Thing 1, 2 and 3's assembly line to brush teeth. I will say I was in my glory last night seeing all 3 Things in the tub and lined up to brush their teeth. I pictured it for so long that when it was right before my eyes, I could hardly believe it. Sophia is like a little teacher to Andrew. Andrew feels more drawn to her at this point I think. They fight less. I still can't believe that I have a Daughter and a Son from China. Each one took their turn getting out of the tub and getting ready. It actually went quite smoothly. OH YES....... Andrew's doctor appointment went very well. You can definitely hear the heart murmur but she feels that if he does have to have surgery that it will be so minor. This should not affect his life span and she feels that he really is a very healthy little boy. Of course I have to bring in that poop sample soon to check for parasites and I have a list a mile long that we need to do a blood draw for to test for several things. I think I am going to wait to do the blood draw until we see the heart specialist so it can just be a one day thing. David, Emmie, Andrew and myself did all get put on the Z-pac to try and kick out the crud that we all seem to have picked up while in China.
Another picture in my mind that I dreamed of for so long. Night time snack before bed. And I will say that Daniel did a good job giving up his "middle seat spot" and moving to the side. lol Andrew still is a great eater. So much better than Thing 1 and Thing 2. Although he is picking up on the snacks quickly! lol I'm sad to see that he doesn't want to eat with his chopsticks much anymore. I believe he wants to be just like Sophia and Daniel. I'll continue to offer them with the hope that he doesn't forget how to use them so well. I am picking up on the phrases that he tells me when he is hungry and thirsty. He really is a remarkable little boy. I believe having Sophia and Daniel here is a big relief to him.
Sophia is in love with hearing Andrew speak in Chinese. Both kids are picking up on little words and saying them now as well. It is darling. I am hoping to get Sophia into a Chinese language school in the Fall. I think she will love it. Perhaps she and Andrew will go together. After snack time tonight, I also gave all the kids their silk blankets that I had made while we were in China. They loved them. Especially Sophia who is the satin blanket queen. Daniel liked his but still likes his knit ones the best. Although he did want it in his bed. Andrew was happy, but he doesn't seem to be attaching to a blanket. I do give him this little bear in his bed and he does curl it under his arm, but I'm not sure how that will go yet. I also put his new blanket in his bed with him last night and I will continue to do so. He still cries at the initial crawling into bed, but last night it was a little less.
All 3 monitors lined up in my kitchen. What a site that is. lol Today I am planning on hitting Toys R Us to pick up a few things to make the fighting a little less intense outside. It is the riding toys on the tennis court that is causing a stir. And...... a few boy toys Daniel got for his birthday. I know that they need to learn to share, but while we are dealing with the language issue I am giving into this a little bit to make things easier for outside play.
My two sweet boys.....learning to play together and love each other. We've seen 3 way hugs and 3 way hand holding. They are adjusting......we are all adjusting but....and I believe that this was all God's plan. There are several changes going on in our home right now. I am once again soul searching for what the Lord wants me to do with my life. I am constantly reminded how blessed we are, especially after being in China and I can feel that pull in my heart that I need to do more. I will try to keep the blog updated as best as I can. And I feel totally lost on what many of you have been doing. Once things settle down I know I'll have some time to visit many of you again. Feel free to check in when you would like and once again thank you for all the encouraging comments and emails during our journey to Andrew! Hope you all have a great week!






36 comments:
LOVE the photos.. looks like everyone is doing really well..
just getting the little things.. they will come with time..
I LOVE the blankets..
I am sooo ready to go to China.. you will have to let me know the things I shouldn't leave without..
LOL>.
Have a great week.
thanks for updating us..
HUGS..
Beautiful pictures. I've been eagerly awaiting home updates. Thanks for updating us on everyone's adjustments. Have a wonderful week!!
Oh I am in tears at how good God really is to all of us Steffie. I have been praying so much for Sophia to be a nurturing spirit for her two brothers knowing how hard this would be for Daniel especially. She has come through hasn't she? Prayer is so powerful....when Emma Jane came home we allowed Lottie to have the things that were "only" hers and she did not have to share so you are such a smart Mommy to run out and duplicate the items that are causing trouble so both boys will be secure and happy. Huge hugs...
It's nice to see all your little children at home. I'm glad things are going well for all of you. It looks like Andrew is settling right in. Thanks for the update, I'll look forward to hearing more. I hope Emmie has a good week at school. God bless your sweet family.
Oh my goodness! This may be my favorite post yet! It looks like everyone is adjusting well and these pictures are just adorable!
that is so very great...your children are so beautiful....
Ahh, the sharing problem. Wish I could say that Katie had no problem at all sharing "her" toys with Ella when we first got home (or yesterday, I can't remember when!). Sharing is a hard concept for that age, as you know. Lots of praise needed when they do it well, and a kitchen timer is also a good idea.
Great photos. I love the silk blankets. Hopefully we can get the kiddos together soon!
what a fantastic post. I am surprised you have the energy or the time.You sound fantastic Steffie. So glad all is going so well as a whole.
Love the silk blankets.
Lea
xo
One of my favorite things to do these past two weeks has been to read your updates. I'm so glad the transition is going as smoothly as it is. And I loved the nighttime snack photo, too.
Steffie, It's so great to read your posts and see how you all are doing...which is great! As for the sharing thing, it takes a while I can attest to that with my 2. I think it's a really good idea to get a few new toys that each can have. Just remember the transition continues and changes as time goes on, I think you'll be surprised at how fast Andrew aquires English. They are so cute together...I love the pic of them in matching shirts!
Steffie,
I am so glad to hear that things seem to be going so well (as well as can be expected with jet lag and kids learning to share). This is such a huge transition for all of you, and even the little ones seem to be handling it like a champ. I know your heart must be overflowing right now when you see them all together, holding hands, hugging... or just brushing their teeth together. Hold on to these precious moments!
I love seeing the pictures...since I am new to your blog it is neat seeing the "end of the story". It is always so precious to see another little one come home!!!
It is so wonderful to see all 3 together and Andrew really looks so happy with that beautiful smile! I am glad things are going well for you!!!
What a beautiful post! Andrew looks so happy, I just love his happy smile. I am glad to hear things are going well. So happy for you all! : )
What a Sweet Post!!! Sounds like things are completly normal with the kiddos! lol! The boys will "come around" once they all learn to "share". But, I also think it's a good idea to buy a few for Andrew too. I think that will help Daniel more than you know! We went throught this with our girls. It was very hard! But, now.. they have learned to work together more and share. But, their are still toys that are "off limits" like McKenna's "bunny" LOL! Faith knows .. NOT to touch it! ;)
Sophia just seems to be soaking all this up & enjoying showing Andrew the ropes! TEE HEE! She is so sweet!! And, I would HATE to be her when She starts dating!!!!! Those two brothers.... MAN.. poor little thang! lol!
Take care!
What a beautiful post and the photos are too cute. To see the three of them in the tub & brushing their teeth together are priceless.
Donna
I cannot get over how "smiley" he is! So precious. Love these pictures.
P.S--the word verification for me to enter for this comment is "ASIcA"---how approrpriate!
Glad that the kids are all adjusting so well. Very cute pics!
Welcome to America Andrew! Wow...what a blessing for your 3 babies to be together at last! I don't know how you are doing it. I'm overwhelmed with two. Lauren is having a more difficult time adjusting than Mia. Sharing is not coming easy for either one.
The monitor photo is a classic!
Blessings,
Robin
What beautiful photos and a beautiful family. The kids all look truly happy.
Suzanne
Blessings and Joy on having your 4 Things all together:)
Ashley
Oh my word...it is so good to see them all together.....how cute are they lined up on your couch with their Chinese blankets!! You must be in your glory to see them all together!! I am sure there is still a bit of adjustment, but it sounds like things are going amazingly well!!
I still owe you an email about the flash....I will send it tonight when the kids go to bed...I too have a lot of catching up to do!!
Lisa
I am glad that things are going so well. I can't wait to see you on Wednesday. We have a lot to talk about. I missed you while you were away. Imagine what chaos there will be this summer when we're scooting around town together with our 5 preschoolers!!
Beautiful of all three things. love the blankets. Sharing is still hard at our house and they are 3 years apart.
Beautiful...sniff.
I loved reading the updates.
I can't wait to start hearing all the funny things the 3 little things will be doing.And when the life of the Beckerings becomes a made for TV movie I want to be one of the charactors in the movie too.
Mr.Brian thinks thatthere will be some gut splitting laughter as we read about you venturing out with the 3 things for the first time.
Sending hugs and prayers,
Mr.Brian
amazing pictures sister and so glad things are going well ... the monitor thing is hilarious ... can't wait to hug all the beckerings ...
Awesome and amazing, you and your family!
Looks like the adjustment is going well. I love seeing all the pics of them together!
Ugg the jetleg.. I remember that.. it seemed to take a good month after we returned from China before I really felt normal again... It sound positive for you and the family, things will only get better, louder, and messy from here in.
Enjoy your evening
Wendy
Steffie! I am SO SO SO happy for you! Andrew is as cute as he can possibly be. i just want to kiss him. I am so thrilled that things are going well. LOVE the 3 things in the tub and on the couch. They look very happy.
Hugs,
Kim
I have been out of town for awhile and couldn't wait to check in on you.
When I saw these three at home together and it brought tears to my eyes.....how precious!
Things (ha ha) are finally how they were meant to be, together ;)
Okay:) WELCOME HOME!!! I am just smiling at these pics!!! Incredible! Beautiful! Amazing! Awesome! You want me to go on?
AND...get that poop sample in pronto...there are some parasites the other kiddos could pick up while bathing with their bro!!!! Get that poop in soon!!! Seriously, I have read of families who have all contracted a "site" due to familial bathing:( Just had to share cause I would NOT want that to happen to ya'll!!!!
they are all looking so happy together. It is great to see him home with you all.
Steffie the pictures are beautiful!!!! When I brought Addison home Livi had a hard time. I still have to buy everything in two's. Livi shares better then Addison but it's just easier if they each have their own LOL
I was laughing at the monitor's. I still use monitors for the girls at night. One monitor on Ken's night stand and one on my night stand...we have surround sound : ) It's really fun when they both wake up crying at the same time LOL
Andrew is so precious...those pictures of him laughing are just priceless.
Can't wait to spend some time with you in May.
Such a joy to see the 3 of them together and so happy! It's like they've been together all along! I'm sure they are keeping you super busy, but try to sit back and smell the roses, so to speak. Time flies so fast!
~The Carters
Post a Comment