Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Daniel/Peace Out China/Red Couch/Flight Schedule

Happy Birthday to my sweet boy Daniel who is 3 years old today. We love and miss you and we'll be home soon!
Love, Mommy
P4206757
Our little man on the red couch. Peace out China! ;) P4206824
Mommy and Andrew, Lisa and Jacob.
This is the other boy in our group with a heart issue. P4206818
Shiyan just loves Andrew. She took the time to talk to me and to him quite a bit. P4206833
Our group picture. Each family has their own SN that they will address once they are home.
I pray that all these beautiful children will over come everything they will face.
2
This will be my last post. I have been in contact with my SW and everything is getting faxed here with no problem. Andrew continues to get feistier by the minute. I know I will have my hands full when I get home. I couldn't imagine my life any other way. He is very attached to all of us and knows all of our travel group as well. While there are so many unknowns with him, the one thing I know for sure is that God placed him with us for a reason and that alone makes my heart overflow with love! I am looking forward to a wonderful, fun-filled summer. I'm NOT looking forward to the horrible jet lag once we get back though. I'll try to post when I can. Thai Restaurant, Guangzhou
Since we have been in Guangzhou, Shiyan has taken us to the most exquisite restaurants. Chinese, Italian and Thai. Today while Shiyan took Emmie, myself and another Mom to the Pearl Factory, Andrew went swimming for the first time in a pool. He loved it. However, he was so exhausted that at the Thai restaurant he could hardly keep his eyes open. He passed right out on Momma and you can see the glazed over look in my eyes as well. We are just so physically and emotionally tired. Living 18 days out of a hotel is enough. It is time to get back home and to Sophia and Daniel. I got wonderful pearl necklaces, earrings and bracelets today. It took quite a while to bargain. Emmie is the total bargain girl. The would punch a number in the calculator and she would punch one back. Keep in mind Shiyan is kicking my foot and telling me to ask for this and that......talk about stressful! lol We then walked out with 6 pairs of extra earrings and another bracelet because we bought so much! Imagine that?!?!?!? Oh.....and we bought a huge suitcase......and then we filled that and had to go buy another one tonight. Oh my achin' word......getting through the airport is going to be a doozy! 6 suitcases, 4 carry on's,
1 purse, 1 stroller, 1 small back pack and 1 toddler. Somebody
PLEASE have a frozen strawberry margarita for me when we land!!!!! OK, an
ICE COLD Miller Light will do! ;) 3
And finally.......I am in so much trouble. This boy loves to get two long pieces of TP and twirl them all over the place. Can you imagine if Sophia and Daniel pick up on this too? I won't have any TP in either downstairs bathroom. lol
Thank you all for following our journey. I appreciate all the love and support from my family and friends while we have been here. I pray that all of you still waiting can hold on and keep the faith. This entire journey is not for the faint of heart.......but once you are here.....it is all worth the heartfelt pain that we go through to get here. We are called to bring the orphans home! Love you all.
FLIGHT INFORMATION:
Flying into Grand Rapids on United....# 7576 and coming in at 7:51PM If you want to come to the airport, please feel free to do so. We would love to see you! Sophia and Daniel will not be there. I want this to be a private family moment with all three little ones once we get back home! ;)

34 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Wednesday night right? We'll be there sista!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Steffie...I KNEW God would take care of the paperwork. I can't wait for you to get back home but I don't think you will be getting any rest! LOL

Gail said...

Beautiful post and pics Steffie. Travel safely. And now the real journey begins once you're home!

hugs,
Gail

Happy Birthday Daniel!

Kristi said...

Our prayers are with you for safe travel and quick recovery of trip once you get back to home sweet home. Thank you again for sharing your beautiful journey with all of us. Said a prayer too for all the little ones in the group picture. May God richly bless each and every family /child as they continue in the healing process in every way. We serve an awesome God who is in the business of restoring us all to exactly what He want us to be. Much love to you all!

Diana said...

I am so happy for you!!! I read this last post with happy tears for you:)
I can not wait to see the TP all over your house when the 3 get together.

Happy Birthday Daniel!!!!!

Kathy said...

Congrats. praying for safe travels home. Andrew is so handsome. You have said many times how amazing Shiyan is and I can omly agree 100%.

Kim said...

I am sooo HAPPY for you..
I have tears in my eyes just knowing that your going home and will be reunited with all your babies..
Love ya girly..
HUGS..
CONGRATULATIONS..
Can't wait to see all 3 together..

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

God speed, Steffie.

Lea
xo

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i knew it would all work out .... heading home !!! what a great feeling ... love you and can't wait to meet Andrew !!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Whooo hoooo your coming home sista!!!! Wish I lived closer I would so be at the airport with my camera in one hand a beer in the other : )
I bet we ate at that same Thai restaurant when we were there in 2005. It was good.
OH how I loved the pearl market. I stocked up!
Safe flight home my friend...talk to you on the flip side!!!!
P/S Both my girls love to whirl around the house with toilet paper while laughing and yelling "Super Bunny" not sure where that came from LOL we go through a lot of TP

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you all!!! What a journey you have had. I've enjoyed reading every single post!! Sounds like you have definitely been quite the shopper! Good for you! I can't wait to see pictures of Sophia and Daniel with their brother! How exciting! Safe travels!

mommy24treasures said...

you are almost home:)
Can't wait to see you with ALL of your babies:)
Big HB wishes to Mr Daniel!
LOVE
Connie

Diane and family said...

One journey ends...another begins!!! I, Steffie, want to encourage all those out there still waiting...to persevere and know that God is creating your family!!! I love the heart of adoption, I am thankful for Jesus and being adopted into God's family. I know the cost on your heart to not be there with your sweet boy, Daniel...leaving one child to bring home another...BTDT 3 X's over! BUT.. I also know the cost for us to stand as God's children. He, too, had to be separate from His Son, Jesus, for a painful amount of time. But..Easter dawned and He is risen!!! You will all be together soon, Steffie.

It has been my great JOY to pray for your journey and such JOY to stand in the Family of Christ with you and so many others. God's greatest blessings be upon you all as you journey HOME!!!! HOME....ahh, it's the best!!!!

Diane and family said...

AND...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DANIEL:)

Dita said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL........WAIT 'TIL YOU SEE THE WONDERFUL PRESENT THAT MOMMY IS BRINGING HOME WITH HER....A BEAUTIFUL BROTHER TO LOVE FOREVER!

Beautiful photos as always...safe travels, friend.....we can't wait to have you home safe and sound with all of your babies!

Terri said...

It is now time to venture into a new journey of your life & I can not wait to see the stories begin at home as your whole family is together. Wishing you Safe Travels!!! Congrats again & he is so adorable. I love to the smile on his face now that he is feeling so loved.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Safe Travels.
Donna

Truly Blessed said...

Oh, I'm so going to try to be at the airport on Wednesday night! Kimberley and I will be the paparrazi!

Mr.Brian said...

I have a u-haul standing by at the air port for when you land to take all your goodies home.
Ican hardly wait to begin reading post of the 3 things together getting into all sorts of trouble.
Hmmm I think I see a made for TV movie in the works.
I want a part.
Blessings,
Mr.Brian

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!!! Have a wonderful trip home and hugs to all of you on the jet lag...won't it be fun having two little ones on US time waiting on you!! I know you can't wait to squeeze them up!!

Michelle R Photography said...

I've loved followed your journey and can't wait to see your family back together again. I will pray for a safe and uneventful flight home for you all.

Peace out!

Tiffany said...

Prayers for safe travel home! Thank you for sharing this beautiful journey with us!

Jboo said...

Safe and speedy travel home for you! Take care.

Janet

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm bursting with excitement thinking of the reunion with all your kiddos. Safe travels, my friend!!!

Courtney said...

Wishing you safe travels and a happy homecoming!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!!

I have really enjoyed following your amazing journey.......what a blessing!!

Safe travels!

Lisa

hollym. said...

Praying you home, Steffie!! Won't be long now! I sure wish that I could make the airport. I know that your first family moment with Sophia and Daniel will be so very special. You will sob your eyes out the closer you get to home!:)So excited for you all to be together again. Anna and I are praying you home safe and sound.
Love,hollym.

hollym. said...

OH!
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, DANIEL! What a big boy you're getting to be!:)

Keisha said...

Happy Birthday Daniel!!!

Hope you guys have a safe flight home!!! Praying that the jet lag will be quick & easy! ;)
I have really enjoyed your journey here .. & watching your family blossom together!! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!!!
Hugs!
Keisha

Wendy said...

Have a happy trip home...

Wendy

Livin' out loud said...

He is SO SO SO handsome! and I am jealous; totally GREEN, my heart has room for one more (ok that is a lie...it has room for MANY more!!)
Keep living that dream!
Susan

Debbie said...

Steffie, He is gorgeous!!!!!!! I idn't know you were there, we have been gone to, to Ethiopia and I am way behind on blogs!!!

Congratulations!!!

Debbie

RamblingMother said...

glad to know you are home safe. get that baby boy some ribbon or paper garland to twirl! same for the other two young ones. they will have a ball.

Bonk Blurbs said...

Welcome home! We live in Grant, MI and I have been following your blog on "The Story of You" site. We brought home our 10 year old daughter from China almost three years ago. My older daughter, from Korea, is now 12 and was just 6 months old when she came to us. We also worked with Shiyan in China through Bethany. What a wonderful experience. I love seeing others have such blessings added to their lives. Congratualtions!