I tool this with my E-30 in the grainy film mode. It wasn't until I was editing this picture that I saw the little boy at the top of the roof peering down at me.
The windows just caught my eye.
I haven't quite figured out how to get stuff like this sent back home! lol I'd love to have one of these tables for all of us to sit at during the summer months.
As we were leaving, the locals came out to sell their fruit and vegetables. One thing that has been brought to my attention once again while being here......you really can live on very little and be happy. I think we tend to forget that sometimes.
Note to self: Find artistic lawn boy for the summer! ;)
And yes......I got the official "OK" from our tour guide Shiyan to let Andrew go potty on the side of the road. Can you even imagine how flippin' flipped out I was to actually let him do this???? Let alone pull his pants down while he let's his little uncircumsized (yes...that was a shocker...lol ) hang out in public? Another little surgery we will have done once we are back. Makes Daniel look like he is hung like a horse! lol I totally forgot about that issue. First time I took him potty I was like.....oh my achin' word......there is something wrong with that little peeper!
OK......................enough about that.............Emmie and I have had a fantastic time shopping. I'll have to post all the loot once it is packed and once we get home. We are having a ball. It is that frantic feeling of trying to bring home as much of this culture as I can for my children. It will be 5-6 years before we bring them back. It made me feel really good today when Shiyan told me that she just loves Andrew. And that she feels we coulod not have been matched more perfectly with him. She is so happy that he is going home to Sophia and Daniel. It really just brings tears to my eyes to hear her say that.
Sending hugs and kisses to My babies back home. We miss you. See you soon!











20 comments:
Your blog is the first thing we check each morning. I'm so glad you were able to post pictures again. The beauty of Guangzhou is something I can't wait to revisit again. Enjoy your last few days. Shop till you drop!! Love ya!!
Sometimes I re-read your blog several times as I am taken back to China and also taking in the beauty of your family story. I know missing Daniel and Sophia must be getting harder by the minute! Keep shopping and make the time go by faster! Our prayers for these last days are with you all. Andrew is so precious!
Oh my achin' word. I just bust up every time I see that because I know you really say that :)
I am so happy that everything is going so well. He is absolutely beautiful. You crack me up with all of your 'boy stuff'. Now you have two sons :)
Beautiful photos of a beautiful place!
I will say it also.. but your blog is the first one I read.. I can get a glimpse of where my little girl is.. I know I have to soak up as much as I can when I am there..
It is a BEAUTIFUL country and I sooo cannot wait to go..
Andrew is soooo Handsome.. you were matched with the perfect little boy..
I am sooo HAPPY for you and your family...
Love ya girly..
Hugs..
You are almost ready to go home and have all your kids together...
It seems like yesterday you started your adventure over there..
Time goes by so fast when you are having fun...
Can't wait for tomorrow..
I love reading your blog each day. Andrew looks like he fits right in with you. Your pictures of you all and the area are just stunning. Enjoy the rest of your trip and you'll be home to your others soon.
Kathy
These pictures are really wonderful Steffie....they really show the true beauty of China!! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time....can't wait to see all of the treasures you picked up while shopping!!
Have fun!
Lisa
I have been catching up on your journey. So amazing!!! Your pics are awesome and that little sweetie is absolutely adorable!! What an amazing journey.
I read about the night terrors. Of course, I don't have an adopted child, but Cade wakes up crying sometimes and isn't really awake. If you make them look at a light, it snaps them out of it. A nightlight or anything, for some reason, it wakes them up.
Can't wait to read more!!
All 3 of my youngest daughers are Guangdong girlies...we L O V E Guanzhou(SPELLING?...) AND...we L O V E Shamian Island....even today, almost three years since breaking birth order:-) and bringing Jadyn home....our heart still beats on China time!!! WE LOVE CHINA!!! GO Beckering Tribe...so thankful to embrace our beloved China, again, through your beautiful journey to Andrew!!!
Oops...I got so excited seeing Shamian that I forgot to sign my name:-(
Just me,
Diane...Mama to Joe, Jen, Jana Mei, Jadyn Hua and JOY HUA:-)
I was so laughing at the "little peeper" part of your blog. We actually had FOUR, yes, you read that right, FOUR circumcisions done the same day...I kept wanting to ask if we could have a get 3 done, one free price! LOL
Steffie,
You are too, too cute, girl! Your descriptions of all things "boy" made me laugh out loud this morning. "Little peeper!" love it :)
I also adore your photography of the architecture. You have caught some amazing images of the land that I love so dearly.
I can't wait until you get all of your sweeties together. What a happy day that will be!!!
You two look so sweet together!! Your photos are lovely! Best wishes for safe travel back home to the rest of the family.
Janet
That is so funny about the potty stop....
Oh my goodness.... all of your beautiful photos take me back to such wonderful memories in China. Makes me want to hop on the plane right now.
Your photos really are fabulous!!!!!
only you can Peeper and hung like a horuse on the blog and get away w/ it ... lol ... i think all your pictures should have at least one Beckering in it ... hee hee ...
sister, i am so over the top excited for you ... i can't wait for you to get home !!!
love you so so so much !!!
Ha...love GZ too : )
Coby isn't circumcized either but I knew ahead of time so no shock. We are still debating whether we will do it or not since every doc I've talked to agrees it isn't medically necessary....I just can't imagine putting him through it for cosmetics only...we will see???
LOVE all the scenery shots : )
Beautiful pictures of the local scenery, Steffie. Great composition!! How cool to see that little boy in the b/w photo.
And I hear you met my friend, Faye. I was hoping you two would meet.
Ahhhhh he has already become a real man...peeing outside.It dosen't get any better then that.
As for the unsnipped weinkie, yeah I see lots of them on the old men,not a pretty sight.
And I can just hear Emmie saying MOM I can't believe you posted that.Way to embarass her.You dune did you job as a mama.
I just love reading your updates every day!
Your trip to adopt Andrew reminds me so much of my time in China, adopting Joy but it also feels so different. Instead of wheeling infant Joy (or Sophia) around, you are there with a preschooler. It seems like it is so much more fun! You are able to see your trip through his eyes, too. It is just amazing.
Steffie, I am so happy for your beautiful family. I know you have ALOT on your plate right now but I'm wondering - why does Andrew have to be circumcised? Are you you Jewish?
Post a Comment