Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Care Package Sent

1

My care package to Chang Ruigang should arrive at the orphanage tomorrow. I used Red Threads this time and Ann was very helpful. She called the orphanage and asked a few questions for me and also for the possibility of an updated picture of him. If she hears back she will let me know. I realize that Chang Ruigang will probably only see the picture album and I am fine with that. I just hope they use the disposable camera's as well. It will be the only memory I can have for him. I also included a little letter. Sigh.....I'm so ready to complete this journey, get him home, so I can get on with life. Know what I mean?????

16 comments:

my3 kids said...

Steffie I so know what you mean...this has been a long road to your sweet Chang but having him home and starting your journey together will be so awesome. Hang in there girl. Neat package. I hope they take pic's for you...Emma's SWI took pictures with the camera we sent. Good Luck!! Hugs

Musings from Kim K. said...

I loved using Ann from Red Thread. She got us so much more information that what we had received from our agency. She was fabulous. We got our disposable camera back from our care package and it was filled with over 20 pictures. I hope the same thing can happen for you.

Come on TA!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I think we all know what you mean. So hard to just go on about your day and do regular things when you have a child on the other side of the world that needs you. I am praying for you and most especially for his transition. Big hugs!!!!

Gail said...

I know right where you are in this journey...and hoping they take some pics for you. Praying for him and that the TA is here soon too!

kerri said...

I know what you mean!! ;)
What a wonderful care package, I wish our agency would of allowed us to do this...
We sent some things to Jillian and our agency wasn't too happy with us??? :(
Fingers crossed you get some dates soon..

redmaryjanes said...

I think your care package looks wonderful. I'm sure that he is going to love it!

Briana's Mom said...

What an amazing care package! I know it must be so hard to wait to go and bring him home. Try to hang in there!

Jill W said...

Ann is fabulous! We recently sent a package to our little girl. I can't wait to get those cameras back. Those memories will be ever so precious!

Linette said...

What a wonderful care package! I know what you mean too. Hang in there...you're so close to your sweet boy. I know it doesn't feel like it but you are! Can't wait to see him in your arms. :)

Jboo said...

Great package for your little boy! Hope you are able to get an updated photo and news about him. Take care.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am sure you are so ready to go get him:) I hope you can get an updated picture.....that would help get you through the last couple weeks of this wait!

Hugs,

Lisa

Kim said...

I can't imagine how you are feeling..
Is it harder when you have information and pictures for so long.. or when you get them and travel in 2 months.???
HUGS..
Care package looks GREAT.. but it will not compare to his WONDERFUL Family..
Hugs..
Love ya girly..

Anonymous said...

I hope that your travel dates come soon! Hopefully, it will not be too long before sweet Andrew is in his mommy's arms and with his forever family!

Dawn

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Looks like a wonderful care package!!! Yummy stuff in there.

Anonymous said...

Whhho hooo, almost there!!!

Lisa said...

What a lucky little boy! He's going to love all of his goodies!

Hang in there, I know it's just gotta be so hard. You're in my prayers!