We have started our holidays off this year by going to the Radio City Music Hall Rockette's. It was a spectacular show. I brought my new little handy dandy Panasonic Lumix
10x's zoom camera. Of coarse it was announced not to take
pictures but once I saw flashes going off all around me,
This was the first shot I tried to "sneak out and take".......this number on
the bus was so cute. I wish I would have been a little more daring
Can you imagine seeing this many Santa's on stage?
They were in perfect
At one point Santa was flying through the air to get to the North Pole
and it started to snow on us. We were covered in these
tiny pieces of paper. I mean covered.
We had floor seating and we were about the 10th row back,
Here they are. The stunning Rockette's. I wish I had long legs like that! lol
I loved how they incorporate the true meaning of Christmas. Here the angel of the Lord
is telling the Three Wise Men to come to the stable. This was an awesome scene.
However, I was not familiar with my camera at this point to know how to quickly set it to low lighting. They had the most incredible scene of each Wise Men and their entourage go across the stage. They even had two real camel's and a donkey. Real sheep are by the stable. The costumes were immaculate! My pictures of this processional didn't turn out very well.
But this picture did. It was a beautiful sight. What a way to start off
Happy Holidays to all of my sweet blogger friends. Hugs! ;)












30 comments:
I have never gone to the show but maybe I should...looks beautiful!!! Hey how do you like the new camera?
Colleen....
For a point and shoot and the little video capability it has....it is great.....of coarse I still will take all my major pictures with my Olympus.....but this fits right into my purse....I love it! ;)
I would love to see that show! It looks like so much fun!
How fun! Your camera did awesome. I've been looking for a new point and shoot too so I might have to look into that one.
HOW FUN!!!!
That shows looks like it would be soooo neat..
Thanks for sharing and have a WONDERFUL Week..
Love ya girly..
The pictures are amazing!! What an incredible show....and a great way to kick of the Christmas season!!
Take Care,
Lisa
Oh my...what fun!! Your camera took some great shots. I'll be sending you something in the mail soon and my return address will be on it. Hugs!!
Love the new Christmas blog look! I'll email our address because it has changed anyway. We have to have a card!!! ; )
Feeling a little jealous here. I would love to go see that show.
I love the manger picture
Thanks for the sneak peek...we are going on the 23rd! It's a surprise for my mom and Paige! It looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. Sweet Emmy looks so gorgeous as always. How is she feeling?
So much fun! Growing up...we went every year to see the show in NYC. I loved it!!!
Best,
Kim
Looks like a wonderful time!
Your pictures are awesome and put me in the holiday spirit!
Hi Steffie,
So glad to hear you like the camera. The pictures turned out great! I love my DSLR, but I also love being able to have this little handy one tucked away in my purse at all times. And isn't the zoom wonderful?
We go to see the Rockettes next week. I've been before several times in Detroit, but now I'm really looking forward to it, thanks to your fabulous photos.
Have a great week!
Michelle
OMW!!! I absolutely cannot wait to see them this weekend!! How meat that you and I were both "thinking Rockettes"!!! hee-hee!!
Next time we make big plans...we should consult with each other...who knows...we might be in the same audience!!! hee-hee!
I still think you should come to Nashville this weekend and hang out with me, Gwen, Laura, and Missy!!! We are going to have such fun!!!
Great pics...and I hear ya about the big ole Oly...sticking outta my purse everywhere I go!!! But you gotta love the perfect pics it produces!!! I have a smaller point and shoot that I take places that the big ole' Oly will be a pain to deal with. It is a Nikon Cool pix...Chelsi also has a pink Casio Eslim 7.2 that she loves..(of course it would be pink!!!)
So glad you all had such a fab time with the Rockettes!!! After reading this post...I am more anxious than ever!
Hugs to you sweet friend!!!
Wow those are amazing photos. What setting did you put your camera on to get them? You are so talented with your camera.
Oh Steffie...we love that show (We go to see it almost every year!) I wish you had mention you were going...my cousin is in the show and I could have gotten you VIP treatment..next time let me know!) Oh what fun!!!
Fun, what a great looking show!
Great shots with your little camera!
Wow! To have those legs...
These shows always take me back to the days when I would watch Annie. Love that scene.
Oh my gosh! Spectacular!!
Great photos!
Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time!
How I would love to go to one of their shows one day...it looks like a lot of fun!
I am speechless.Totaly amazing pictures.Must have been a great night.
Hugs,
Mr.Brian
How Fun! Great Pictures!!
I've wanted to see that show ever since I first saw the movie Annie. Sigh. Next time can you take me with you? ;)
We have tickets to go see them. They are not coming to Houston untill January which kinda stinks but that's o.k. we still can not wait to see them. Your pictures where amazing. I think I will sneak my small camera in also.
you know they have that show in Nashville .. you should have seen it here ... hee hee ...
you gotta buy Emmie some TOM Shoes for christmas ... for every pair you buy they send a pair to Ethiopia .. they are super cute and cool .. i am getting a pair ... we need to chat and catch up ... love ya !!!
That is so much fun! Your camera rocks girl!
Oh Steffie these pictures are so good, but that one of the Manger scene is just incredible! It should be a Christmas Card! I will go see this show one day!!!'
Love, Kristy
You and "Million Miles to Mia" http://miles2mia.blogspot.com/2008/12/rockettes-christmas-show.html may have been to the same show! :)
Post a Comment