Monday, November 10, 2008

Mr. Snowman

snowman

When I was out and about this past week, I noticed this big snowman in the Hallmark Store display window. It looked like a giant disco ball.....all sparkly and fun. I knew Sophia and Daniel would just love it. As I contemplated buying it due to the outrageous price, I knew without a doubt that there would be oooo's and ahhhh's as soon as I brought it home. Yes.....I caved to the Motherly pressure of hearing the squealing delight from my two sweet babies! ;) So, this past weekend, I brought it in from the car and set it up on one of our end tables. Sure enough, both kids LOVED it. It mesmerized them for quite some time. Little do they know that I bought each of them a smaller version of it to have in their rooms once I begin decorating our home for the holiday season. Mr. Snowman is our first decoration to be displayed thus far. But it won't be long...and like many of you, we will begin preparing for a joyous holiday season. And who knows......maybe we will even have a few exciting things happen yet this year! ;) *wink*

30 comments:

Michelle R Photography said...

What a cute snowman! I sure hope to hear about your "exciting things" soon. I am so happy to hear that something might be going on over at the B household. Do tell... :-)

Love,
Michelle

Musings from Kim K. said...

He's quite a lovely snowman. I can't wait to hear all about exciting new things my dear friend. Enjoy this blistery cold weather.

Sherri said...

I want one!

sherri

Anonymous said...

that is so cute. Good for you mommy!

Lea
xo

Stephanie said...

I just love that snowman...I wanted one until I heard about an outrageous price! :) Maybe they'll go on sale...how expensive were the smaller ones?

Such a cute picture!!!

day by day said...

That snowman is adorable....I can see why your kids would be so excited!!

Looking forward to hearing more about some "exiting" things!! : )

jennifer said...

How cute, they're laying there staring at it. Peace like that, is worth any price!!

Gail said...

You are such a great mama. So thoughtful. Mr. Snowman is adorable!

Kim said...

How CUTE!!!
Love the kids faces..
The little things in life.. LOVE IT...
Hugs to you my friend..
Have a Great Week..

Linette said...

That is SO cute! I'm just SO excited to hear about your "exciting things to come." I think I just might know what it is! :) I hope so anyway!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I think I could be mesmerized by that also! What a great Mom to bring such pleasure to the babies!

Polar Bear said...

Oooooo!!! I love the snowman! What a wonderful surprise!!

I can't wait to hear what exciting things you have in store! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Love the snowman....they are my thing at Christmas time...some people collect Santa's....I collect cute snowmen!!

I am sure it brought big smiles to both of their faces....so cute!

Can't wait to hear about your "Exciting things"

Lisa

Noemi said...

it is adorable!

Shelly and Family said...

Oh...I so love the Snowman too! We put our most of our Christmas decoration last week once we arrived home from China. This is so my favorite time of year and I can see...it must be yours too.

mommy24treasures said...

I need to get by the Hallmark store. Very cute pic:)
Can't wait to hear about these exciting things;)

PandaMom said...

Already time decorate! AHHHH!

It's me...PandaMom! ; )

Sharon said...

Very cute!!! Also steffie, i LOVED looking at those wedding photo below. Looks like you all had a fabo time!! I wish someone I know would invite ME to a wedding in Paradise about now! haha

Anonymous said...

hey friend

I was thinking of you today. I saw the snowman in Hallmark. Very cute! I can see why you liked him.

Miss you being around.

Lea
xo

Mr.Brian said...

The hack with comments about the snow man...... yeah sure it is OK ,but I want the dirt on the news!!!!!!
You know how to drive us all crazy.
Hugs anyway.
Your little studd muffin.

Anonymous said...

WINK???

Okay, I'm a quiet reader, for sure, don't comment often, but, I've been waiting for some GOOD NEWS from your Tribe:)!!!! AND...you go and just say "WINK"????

ARGHHH :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

fun fun fun !!! it is fun to spoil our children !!!! love ya sister !!!

Marla said...

I'm with Diane, WINK?!?!?! You can't leave us hanging with WINK!!! :)

Cute snowman, the Christmas decor started going up around here today too, I just can't wait.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You're a bad girl. Teasing us like that....veeeery bad.....:-)

The snowman is adorable!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love the snowman!!! I buy the singing snowmen every year for the kids. They are from Hallmark and very cute.
Since my house is still being worked on we put up one of the tree's today. Tomorrow Livi, Addison and mommy will decorate it.
I can't wait to hear your exciting news!!! Your killing me!!!! Spill!

Ashley Winters said...

Your such a good mommy! I would have caved in too. They are only little once, and your kids will forever remember that snowman.

kerri said...

LOVE IT!!!
I am going to check out the small one for the girl's room...

Unknown said...

Hello

I dont comment often but I LOVE your blog and read it daily!

I hope you share your exciting news SOON!!!! Like many others I am not good at waiting!!!!

Please share sooon!!!!!!!!

Michelle-Canada

Adoption Blog said...

Wink? Exiting news??? Don't you want to share????(please acknowlege my funny tone of voice...words I shall say)LOL!
It's not that I am curious..I just wanna know! LoL!

The snowman is cute...and your kids are just darling!

Have a beautiful day!

Denise C said...

OK.....tell it, girlfriend!!!
You KNOW you cannot do this to me...of all people....I want to be "in the know"!!! *wink*!

Love the snowman and the sweet faces of your precious angels!!
Hugs, sweet friend!!!