Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thee Par-tay

P9273994
My Birthday girl. We had 20 kids show for the party. At the last minute, Emmie decided to not do the scavenger hunt she had planned at the mall. The guys apparently thought that was silly. Peer pressure! ;( The girls did it later that night in the hotel. She had winning baskets with all sorts of goodies.....it was really cute. Thankfully, we did have some "adult" friends of ours help out with the driving because we took all of these teenagers to the new movie "Eagle Eye." As we loaded the cars.....all the "gentlemen" decided to ride with "Mrs. B." EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.THEM. Okay.......way too much male hormones for me....lol...they are CRAZY!!!!!! When we got back to hotel.....it was swimming and chow time! We brought tons of food and had pizza delivered. There was a big slide they could go down and a hot tub. I had 4 rooms. Two for the girls since we were staying and one for the guys to change in as well and one for us. It worked out really well. The pool side atmosphere was fun. There were other people there as well, but it wasn't too crowded. I think everyone had fun....at least I hope so. My camera gave me a few problems. I wasn't real happy with how many of my pictures turned out and as you can imagine, there were several of the girls that didn't want their picture taken.....go figure! ;) P9273987
How many people can you fit into a hot tub? Obviously quite a few! lol P9273982
At one point there were quite a few bubbles...... P9273975
Climbing up to go down the slide.....Drew, Nate and Cody. P9273976
Some of the girls did it too....Kenzie, Shannon, Emmie and Amanda. collage53
At home with our birthday girl. Presents from Mom and flowers from Dad. P9273968
Some of the boy crew! P9273992
Julia and Kimmie. P9273999
Emmie and Cody. P9274005
How many kids can you pack into one hotel room??? Are you cringing? I wasn't. The door stayed open and there were so many.....I was constantly doing my "walk by" and peeking my head in! lol They knew not to push anything with Mrs. B! lol PA014018
Her good friend Lauren gave her this mannequin with a cute top and a pair of shorts on it. I thought is was the most clever gift ever. When she got it home she changed the clothes to match her room....no surprise there.....it looks really cool in her room. We were really surprised that even the guys brought her little gifts. A couple of them did GC's to the spa. I thought it was cute. ;) P9274011
And her simple cake that she picked out. For her birthday at home she had an ice cream cake.....those are her fav! So there you have it....we survived.....I survived.....WHEW!!! Love you sweet girl! ;)

30 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

looks like it was the perfect party! I loe the idea ad so gld she had such a great turn out!
The pics look great! I think you did fine. Indoor pics are the hardest, that for sure.
I am so glad Emmie felt good for her party.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a fantastic party!!

It looks like everyone had a great time....and best of all...you survived!!

That is a lot of people in one hot tub!!

Have a good week!

Lisa

C's Mom said...

Okay...now all of a sudden your blog is crashing Firfox for me every time. Grrr....

Anyhoo...wow, that's a lot of teens in one space. Brave soul!

It looks like it went wonderfully and I have to say that mannequin is a super-cute idea for a teen girl.

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures.
Looks like everyone had a WONDERFUL Time..
Hugs..
Have a Great Week..

Unknown said...

Wow what a cool mom you are. Looks like everyone had a great time and I luv the mannequin idea.
Donna

Gail said...

Looks like the par-tay was a major success!!! You are a brave woman and WONDERFUL mom.
Emmie looks radiant in the pics!

Nikki said...

I've been WAITING to hear about it...glad ya survived.
Sounds like it went really, really well.
You're a good mom, Stef.
I'll be calling you for advice in a few years.
XO

LaLa said...

WOW...what a fun time. Of course the boys want to ride with the cool mom : )

So glad it all went well!

a Tonggu Momma said...

You are one BRAVE momma. And where on earth did Emmie's friend find that mannequin?

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope you crashed on Sunday. What a party!! You are one special Mommy.

Dawn said...

What a FABULOUS birthday party!!!! I love the mannequin idea...so great!

kerri said...

Glad you surfaced, you survived, LOL!!
What a party, you rock Mom!!
Love the mannequin idea, great idea!!

Denise C said...

Oh wow....what a very cool party, Mom....you are one HIP Momma....I know Emmie must have had the best b-day ever!
Thanks for sharing the pics....they are fabulous!!!! Hugs, sweet friend!!!
Love,
Denise

Lisa said...

Wow, now that's a paa-art-tay! : )

Shirley said...

That looks like a lot of fun..Gave me an idea in 2 years...Emmie is just beautiful..That smile is to die for!!! You ROCK as a Mom!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are a trooper Stef!!!! Isn't it cute how the boys are all on one side of the hottub and the girls on the other? Great party!

Shelly and Family said...

Wow...what a great party! Looks like everyone had an amazing time!

I just realized that "this" is what I have to look forward to...in another 11 years...sigh

jennifer said...

I have been wondering about this party. Looks like everyone had a great time. I am not looking forward to all of that.

Julia said...

Oh, I think these are wonderful pictures, they really capture the atmosphere and fun the kids had with each other. It sounds exhausting(!!!) but extrememly fun!

Shionge said...

Hey Happy Belated Birthday ya :D What a cool treat, cool party and great bonding :D

Yoli said...

What a great time was had by all. Your girl as usual, beautiful.

Kerry said...

Way to go- you made it! What a fantastic party that your daughter will remember forever. Looks like she had a blast.

You made it!

Michelle said...

Looks like lots of fun! Emmie of couse looked gorgeous. You are one lucky momma! :-)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

amazing party .. wish i could have been there ... give my girl a hug!! love the pictures ... love ya girl!

Noemi said...

GREAT PARTY! It seems like a good time was had by all! I love the pictures. She will always remember this party! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

ok not cool
take the first pic off right now and put a diff one of me and clouse..
what the heck?
the first one doesnt even look like me.. i look like a monster
embarassing
come on

Marla said...

Looks like a blast, glad you survived!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

You are one adventurous soul!
So glad they had a ball.

Mommy Spice said...

What a great birthday. I'm so glad they had so much fun. I LOVE the mannequin! That is clever! You got some cute pics despite the camera troubles!!

t~ said...

Happy Birthday Emmie!

I love her cake and the mannequin is a very clever idea! Love it.