Emmie had to bring goldfish to school for a group science project. Sophia and Daniel thought it was just the greatest thing. Sophia kept saying she wanted to hold them and Daniel just wanted to point and count them. It amused them for quite some time. Cheapest entertainment ever!
Sophia would just climb right up and stare into the bowl. When she woke up the next morning and the fish were gone due to Emmie taking them to school....needless to say
she was quite disappointed.
Daniel was very into counting the fish. You can see his fingers as he is counting out loud. YES.....the boy is finally talking. Woo-hoo! ;)
Just my girl.....in her jammies with a clashing bow.....shhhh...don't tell her! lol
My little lover boy. He just melts my heart.
Well......2 out of 3 were looking..... ~ sigh~ Oh.....and an update on Emmie.....the headaches still continue on....we have an appointment with the specialist on October 8th...... The day before we leave for the Bahama's for a family wedding. They said there was nothing sooner. ~sigh~ I will be calling the doctor again this week to see if we can try another migraine medicine. She is doing well in school and brought a Jesus Calling book in for a friend today. I think she is also going to join the student led bible study on Thursday morning. I asked her if any of her friends were going to go and she told me it didn't really matter to her....."My faith is strong enough for me to go alone!" I was so proud. We also had a healing service at church Sunday. David, Emmie and I went up to our Pastor and an Elder of of church and they prayed over her....placing oil on all three of our hands and placed them together......our Pastor is very well aware of Emmie's spiritual gifts....and when he said "Lord....we ask you to watch over Emmie, her love for the orphans and different races of the world is so apparent....we know she will do great things for you dear Lord......I lost it....and began crying.....it was very moving and I pray daily for her to heal. I think that if we can just find the right medicine to help her for a while that we can get this issue under control.....at least that is what I am hoping for.
I just love my sweet and spicy Things!










32 comments:
Love the fish story.
And yes what an emotional time with Emmie.
We will continue to pray for her and the headaches.
******Note to Sophia,
Ask mommy for some fish!!!!!!
I just love your latest pictures. So innocent and so sweet of your three sweeties. I will continue to keep Emmie in my prayers. I hope you find answers soon. Hugs.
How precious!
Love Daniel's picture....ask Sophie and Emmie their secret(they never take a bad picture) :)
Still praying for healing!
Steffie, your "things" are precious!
I love the picture of Daniel counting on his fingers and the one of Daniel and Sophia talking about the "bish"....too cute!
Emmie....what an amazing girl....she is wise beyond her years....the healing service sounded beautiful!
Lisa
Sounds like the "THINGS" need some bish.... oh how they would LOVE them...
To bad you can't send them in the mail..
Sounds like you had a very special day on Sunday..
I sooo hope they can find the right med..
Hugs to you my friend..
love ya girly..
You know, Cade has already started his Christmas list! A goldfish might be on Sophia's!!
I hope Emmie feels better soon. That must be so hard. Maybe they'll have a cancellation and call you to get her in sooner.
I can relate to the "bish." Miss Grace has some too and Will is quite fascinated and won't leave them alone.
I continue to pray for Emmie and her headaches, for healing and for a treatment that will help.
Take care and hope your week is going okay...
yeah Emmie ... so proud of you for giving a JC to someone ... I always let God lead me in giving them away ... I pray for you often and know God is doing a mighty work in your life in so many areas ...
cute pictures ...
I got teary just reading about the healing service, so can imagine how emotional it was as a mother being there. I so hope and pray they find an answer to Emmie's headaches soon!
Love the "bish" and your two little things, Daniel has the prettiest cheesiest smile! :-)
What a wonderful blessing you have in all your children....you are doing a lot right when it comes to raising them into the men and women they are becoming.
Continued prayers for Emmie
Look like mommy needs to get those kiddies some fish...
Wendy
oh come on mom, get the babies a bish;)
How sweet:):)
Hope Emmie feels better quickly.
She is in my prayers.
Her faith is something I admire so much in a teen. That is wonderufl.
What wonderful children you have Steffie. The "bish" pictures are adorable. Still praying for Emmie and hoping for good news very soon!
Well, of coarse Sophia thinks she is beautiful.... it's a true story!
You need to buy those babies some bish!
What an awesome stand for Jesus Emmie is making... good for her! Praying for the Drs and that she is well soon.
Love,
Daleea
Oh Steffie,
what a precious post! I am sitting here with tears...as I read your beautiful words about Emmie, and her wonderful heart! I know that was a moment you will never forget...as you all lifted Emmie right up to the One who loves more than all of you...(although that is completely unfathomable to us...this side of heaven)...I, too, pray for her healing and for her heart and kingdom work to go boldly forward for all those who are in her path!!! May your sweet girl touch a multitude of lives for the Lord!
Hugs and love to you sweet friend!!!
~Denise
I think a couple of things need some gold fish. They are to cute and looks so happy. Praying Emmie's head aches go away. Poor thing.
We continue to keep Emmie in our thoughts and prayers..
We have some bish, they need a bigger bowl, they just keep growing and growing, must be all the food the girls tend to dump in when Mommy isn't looking, LOL..
Love the fish story too cute! I am continuing to pray for Emmie.
Wow, you must be some proud mommy! For Emmie to say that it didn't really matter if her friends were going to be int the bible study and the her faith is strong enough for her to go alone is absolutely AMAZING! Your other two are so lucky to have such a great role model to look up to! Emmie is one impressive girl!
I really hope Emmie feels better. WIll had a migraine last night and it broke my heart. All the stress in our life is what was causing his I am sure. I am praying for Emmie.
Kim
That reminds me, I keep telling Lily we're gonna get her a fish!
Loved that post...how wonderful what your pastor prayed over Emmie. She WILL do great things. (she already is).
Continuing to pray for her here.
Love you!
By the way, I LOVE Sophia's pj's. I thought it was an outfit and was gonna ask you where you found it!
I just love Daniel's eyes...so beautiful! You must be so proud of Emmie and the decisions she is making, she is definately God's girl! Still praying at the Byrd's Nest for her headaches.
Beautiful, beautiful children. I am proud of Emmie also for her stand for Christ.
God, thank you for the healing that you have provided us through the stripes that Jesus bore for us. I ask that you bring healing for Emmie's headaches quickly. Be with the doctors as they examine her and reveal the root of the problem.
Your fish are cute, but your things are cuter!!!!!!!!! :-)
I'm gonna contact your SB to send you some fish next time you receive something....;)
I never thought about goldfish as entertainment -- cool idea. What will happen to the GF after Emmie's school project?
Keep calling the Dr. about the appt. Ask if you can get on a cancellation list.
ALL of your kids are be-u-ti-bul!
How about a GNO again?
I just showed my husband a picture of Emmie so he could see who I was praying for the other night. Still praying!!
He and I have been going through the Jesus Calling devotions since January. We love it.
Such cute pictures with the goldfish. Maybe we ought to get S.G. some goldfish.
Cute pictures! I will praying that the answers for Emmie's headaches will be revealed!
If you need more fish we have a couple that Hailey got for a science project and just won't die(did I just say that);) They are so hardy I think would even make it shipped across the country!
Kids are so easily entertained.
Hoping for good news for Miss E soon!
Keep smilin!
I love the photos!
They are beautiful and so are your precious children....
Keeping Emmie in our prayers and what a girl she is!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Steffie, how proud you must be of your Emmie. "My faith is strong enough for me to go alone." Wow! What a special girl, who has had a great role model to teach her and guide her. I continue to keep her in my prayers for her migraines.
I love the photos of the gold "bish." Those are the tiniest ones I've ever seen!
I am praying for your daughter to be completely healed!!!
Debbie
Post a Comment