Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update and Re-Group Time

My dear friends...........it is truly time for a longer break for me. As I stated in the last post, Emmie is at the University of Michigan for a Volleyball camp. My phone rings at 8:04 AM this morning and it is Emmie telling me that she passed out in the hallway and did not wake up until 2:30 AM to find herself there. Needless to say, David and I will be picking her up later today and bringing her home. She is so driven that she was telling me she did not want to leave. So, so driven! I have since called the Doctor and we have an appointment tomorrow morning. I truly know that I would not survive as a Mother if anything ever happened to her. I've known that for years! On the flip side..... We have also found a child on a waiting list. So you already know that my emotions and mind have been in that fuzzy state again! Chasing paperwork, making decisions, trying to get all the info possible....having my doctor look things over..... ~sigh~ It has come to the point in this journey for us to decide whether or not to bring another child home from somewhere else and hope that China will not deny us for that reason. It is about a 50-50 chance I think. We have also been told that there have been people who made the "old rules" deadline that have been denied. Again, we are praying that since China felt we could adopt once before that they will allow us to adopt again. Everything in our dossier was the same as before with the exception of having Daniel.....and the fact that we are getting older by the minute! lol There is so much more going on, but I'm afraid I can't share all the details as many of you know this adoption journey can also be one that is very political by country. With the unknown situation with Emmie, I'm not sure where this will lead us. I am also waiting for my own MRI results regarding an old aging neck that just doesn't want to be happy and cooperate with me anymore! lol I feel like I am just barely treading water with this adoption issue. I have tried for 15 months to be strong, to be strong for many of you, to be an encourager, not a downer....but the time has come to make some decisions. While I do not feel my family is complete, I have to stop and ask myself if the Lord is telling me otherwise. I just feel that we have the love, family and means to bring home 2-3 more children if we can. When the day comes that I sit before my Father's feet and can ask Him anything I want....it will not be why did this happen to "me", why did this trauma occur in "my" life....nothing about "me".......it will be Why....why was it so difficult to bring your orphan children home dear Lord.....why??????
Love you all....
Steffie
God doesn't call the equipped.
He equips those who answer the call.
Mother Teresa

54 comments:

Inga said...

Your family will be in my prayers.

Diana said...

I am praying for you and all that you are going through..Emmmie, another child(ren:) and your MRI. I so understand you needing a break from blogging but I honestly hope you can just blog a QUICK line to let us know you are ALL ok....you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs

Debbie said...

We are praying for Emmie and your neck!! I also know that making a decision on a child to bring in to your home is important, I will be praying about that for you!! ALso for the little ones too, to understand all that is going on.

Keep relying on God and He will direct you!!

God bless and keep you and be with you while you are gone, and if you want to keep me updated by email, that would be great!!

Debbie

Kim said...

I have been thinking of you...
So sorry to hear about your neck and Emmie.. that is sooo scary...
You are in my thoughts and prayers...
LOVE YA GIRLY..
Thank you for being the amazing lady that you are..
I will be doing a post on my amazing things...
You are are soooo special to me..
HUGS..
Please keep me updated..

Ashton said...

Praying for you and your family.... Thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

Your family is in my thoughts...

OH MY #6 said...

one step at a time friend. Hoping Emmie is OK. what a worry for you.

Lea
xo

Briana's Mom said...

Definitely praying for you and your whole family. Keep us updated when you can!

Juliette said...

That's a lot going on in your life right now. I hope both Emmie's and your health get better and that you can find some answers to your questions about your family.
Take care of you.

mommy24treasures said...

praying sweet friend...
LOVE the quote. BIG AMEN!

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hang in there! Huggss
Donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

You will always be in my thoughts and prayers. Extra (((hugs))) are coming your way, Steffie.

Nancy said...

The Emmie situation is definately scary. You will all continue to be in my prayers.
Lots (and lots) of {hugs} coming to all of you.

Ashley said...

Oh my! I have lots to catch up on. Hate to hear about all the health issues. Praying for God's direction and peace regarding the next adoption.

Mr.Brian said...

Please keep us [posted on you and Emmie.
In the mean time please know many are praying for you.
Lots of love and hugs,
Mr.Brian

Kayce said...

Lots of prayers for all of you. Hugs!

day by day said...

Steffie,

You do have SO much going on right now. I will keep your family in my prayers....praying that you are able to get answers to what is going on with Emmie and that the results of your MRI can bring some relief to the pain you are in....

prayers and hugs sent your way....

Adoption Blog said...

You remain in our thoughts and prayers!

I hadn't seen this post when I wrote you my email!

Hugs,

S

Laura Nipper said...

Praying for you and your family. I hope that Emmie starts feeling better and Drs are able to find out whats going on. Please let us know how everything is going when you get a chance. Hugs!

Michelle said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers my dear friend ...

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Wishing you peace and answers to your questions very soon.

Hugs

Denise C said...

Praying for you and Emmie and the whole adoption thing! I hope many answers will be coming in the next few days.....please keep me posted.
Love you!

3 Peanuts said...

I am praying for you, for Emmie, for peace and guidance on your journey:)

K

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Steffie I am praying for Emmie. Please email me and let me know how she is. I am very worried about her. I completely understand your feelings when it comes to adopting again. I think I have shared with you our feelings and how confusing life as been for us regarding our adoption. I just wish that God would tell me exactly what he wants for me to do. I am emotionally drained from it all. I will pray that you will soon find peace and guidance on your journey. Just know I am thinking of you. I am always here for you.

kitchu said...

Take all the time you need Steffie. I'm really sorry to hear about Emmie, you must be beside yourself with worry. I will be saying a prayer in her name tonight. I hope you'll be able to update what the doc says I know I for one will be very worried.

I will also be praying about this possible adoption, that God's will is done and that you are open to accept whatever that may be (though I think I might be a bit demanding and ask God to grant that your beautiful family continues to grow)!

Hope your neck is better soon too. You sure have a lot going on!

~Amy~ said...

Oh Steffie...I'm so worried about all of you! I just told Tyler about Emmie tonight and he's worried too! Please keep us updated and remember that we are always praying for you guys! I hope we can get over to see you guys soon! Love you!

Gail said...

Steffie, you have so much in your life right now. I'm praying for Emmie, I know you are very worried. I also pray you get answers to your adoption...it will work out. I truly believe that.

You are in my thoughts friend.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you know to call me after Emmie's doctor appt. and you know sweet friend i hold you close to my heart... this is a tough, hard, confusing road, but we are so blessed to be called by the Father to do this amazing task on Earth ... WE ARE MOTHERS AND WE ROCK !!!! I love ya girl ...

Jewels of My Heart said...

Sweet friend, I am so sorry you are hurting... you are in my prayers and one day He will give you beauty for ashes and the oil of joy for mourning...... I am praying for good news about your Emmie...
God Bless YOu,
Love,
Daleea

polkadot said...

Emmie is near and dear to my heart. I so hope that she will be healthy soon. I'm glad you're taking a break and I know when you return we will be blessed anew by your family. Thinking of you and holding your hand.

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

I love your heart for children!! And the quote at the end is a one that gave me goosebumps. I SOOO needed to hear that.

Praying for you. Hope all is okay with your Emmie! Nothing in the world we can imagine like something happening to one of our kids. It stops my very breath!

Linette said...

Praying hard for your family! We'll all miss you but so understand your need for a break. You take as long as you need and we'll be here when you get back.
I too love the quote...so very true. Love you Steffie!

Anonymous said...

What happened to Kim?

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh it is such a battle...this adoption stuff!

Praying for Emmie...is she eating right? Bless her little heart.

Praying for this waiting child and if it is God's will it will happen no matter what!

You are at the top of my prayer list!

Jill W said...

Prayers being said for you & your family. You have the faith to get you through this. Take the time and refresh your soul. Hugs from WI.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

just stopping by to see if there has been any news on Emmie....I am praying for her {{{hug}}} sending lot's of prayers and kisses your way.

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

I have never commented on your blog, but I want you to know that your family is in my prayers.

Ashley(Baltimore, MD)

jennifer said...

I'm praying for Emmie and for guidance for your family. I am questioning some things in our life right now, as well. I don't understand how there can be so many orphans, but they won't let go of them.

Hope you find the answers you need.

Michelle R Photography said...

I love this graphic and quote. I am praying for your neck, Emmie's health and for God to reveal his plans for your adoption journey.

Lauren said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

D & S said...

Take all the time you need. We'll be here when you get back.

Take care.

Deb said...

Feeling for you. We hit a few bumps in the road reciently as well. Seek Gods direction and bring it all to the foot of the cross my friend. He is faithful to those who seek him. Now that I look back at all the stuff we have gone threw in the last month (of which only a fraction is on my blog)we have grown, become wiser, changed, stretched and been given grace and mercy all in His name.
Saying a prayer for you all.
hugz Debz

Donna said...

I too wonder why this is SO hard! Praying for you and your family.

Jill said...

With so many wonderful messages, mine may not mean much, but we are in the same boat, and I can only imagine what you may be thinking. It is SOOO frustrating to be in this boat, sometimes I do not know what to do. You may laugh, but EVERY time I inquire about another adoption, without even knowing (I do the business in her naptime) Lucy goes into her "terrible 2" phase and my husband and I wonder what the hell we are thinking!!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Denise C said...

Just wanted to pop over and tell you a BIG thank you for your sweet anniversary wishes for my parents! They read my blog and all the kind comments have meant so much to them!!!
Thank you sweet friend!!!

Praise and Coffee said...

Hi Stef,
I'll be praying for your family, decisions, your neck and Emmie.
You are a wonderful mother and will be an encouragement with your life whether or not you adopt again.

My heart wants so badly to bring home a sister for Lauren, but we are not able to right now.

I've just gone through some physical things too and I know how tough it can be to be in pain.

On the bright side, we are coming to your church this week. Maybe we'll see you! We are going to the 9:30 service...that's the contemporary one right??

Love and hugs,
Sue

Shelly and Family said...

Hey Girl...I am keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers during this time of need...you take all the time that you need to reflect & regroup. I totally understand, but just know that if you ever need to talk...I am a great listener. Hope all is well with Emmie...my heart is so going out to you guys.....Love & Hugs!

Kim said...

Hope all is well with Emmie...hope you are feeling better with your neck... thinking of you always...
HUGS..

OH MY #6 said...

Just checking in on you. Hope all is OK!

Lea
xo

Mommy Spice said...

Take the break you need, take care of your sweet Emmie, and prayerfully seek what God's will is for your family. I hope all is made known to you soon. Hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

Blessings on you ~

t~ said...

A favorite quote of mine!

You have been called and no doubt you will be ready.

You have an amazing family with so much going on. Keeping you in my prayers.

Keri said...

You don't know me, but my son passed out more than once and had some fatigue issues and he went through the gament of tests that your daughter is having right now plus a bunch more. They finally figured out whast he had when they did a tilt table test. He had a positive result and he was diagnosed with Neuro Cardiogenic Sycope. It is very managable. She is the exact age that symptoms begin to appear. The issues with blood draws is another symptom in some people with this condition. A cardiologist orders and performs the tests and would take care of her if she has it. My son played soccer and felt so much better after he was diagnosed and treated. If you want to e-mail me please feel free. It took us 2-3 months to get a diagnosis.

Keri

Keri said...

It's me again. I misspelled the dianosis in my last comment. It is Neuro Cardiogenic Syncope. Sorry!

Keri