Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stuff

There are many, many things going on in the Tribe's household right now. One of them being a scheduled MRI Monday evening on my head, neck, shoulders and back. Two weeks ago I was prescribed a six day steroid treatment for the pain and swelling. I was told that I would either feel really happy and feel good or.....B*tchy! lol That's pretty simple! I told my family they had a 50-50 chance for the next six days. Actually, I told myself that I was GOING TO be happy. The first day you took the maximum dosage with each day gradually decreasing it. Days 1 -4, I felt FABULOUS!!! No pain. What joy! Days 5-6 I could tell I was coming off of it. I called the Doctor back and it is not a long term prescription. So, I am hoping that the MRI tells us something so some form of treatment plan can begin, because quite frankly.....I am SICK of this problem!!!! Emmie is at the University of Michigan until Wednesday at Volleyball camp. While I know she is learning and improving her game.....it makes me uneasy when my oldest child in the nest is not here. I am also still worried about Emmie's health. Last Monday she passed out in my arms in the kitchen.....I gently got her to the floor and ran up to get David......nearly hyper ventilating.....and when I got back downstairs, fully intending to dial 911, she was getting up off the floor. It was HORRIBLE.....her face and lips were completely white.....she looked.... you know what! I was beside myself! Many things going on for me in the few next days....decisions to make, things to put together and things to get done ASAP!!! I will keep you all posted. Have a good week! Hugs.....

33 comments:

Michelle R Photography said...

Steffie,
I'll pray for you and Emmie. I passed out quite a bit when I was younger, and have occassionally as an adult. I've never had any specific diagnosis, but it's no fun and I am sure a very big scare for a parent to witness.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your nest needs some prayers. I will be sending some your way...

Musings from Kim K. said...

Goodness gracious. You certainly have quite a bit on your plate right now. Prayers are on their way, my friend.

3 Peanuts said...

Steffie,

First, THANK you for the sweet sentiment of the pearls. I will e-mail you but that is actually funny that you chose them! It made me SMILE!!!!
I will be back eventually--just not now.

I am so sorry about Emmie and about your health too. PLEASE let me know how it all goes. We really ought to talk because I went down this path you are going down with the MRI's etc and the steroids and the pain. My heart breaks for you. I am PRAYING BIG TIME for other things for you!!!

Super big hugs,
Kim

LaLa said...

Sendin prayers your way...for everything! Love that pic : )

Diana said...

I hope they find out a easy answer for your problem...
Poor Emmie..I know a lot of girls (my sister being one) have a lot of problems at that age around "their time of the month".
I am praying for both of you!!
Hugs

Busy Mama said...

Praying over here - NOT FUN!!! Keep me posted - I need to be "in the know"!!! Love you girl!

Adele said...

Steffie,
Girl, you need to email me. I have had you on my heart today and then I read your post and now I know why. Please know that I am praying for you and Emmie. I hate knowing you are in such pain. THat is NOT fun when you are chasing around two small children. I hate that Emmie has not been well either. Sending love and prayers your way.
hope to hear from you soon, sweet friend!

Denise C said...

Oh bless your heart! I will be on my knees for both you and Emmie!
Please keep me updated on how you both are!
Love you!

Livin' out loud said...

If your not sure of the "why" of Emmie's passing out, I just wanted to share this with you....when I was a teenager, this would happen to me...I was very early in development and our family doctor had told my Mom that my heart was not growing at the same rate as everything else, and that at the time, it was having trouble keeping up....I have since grown out of the episodes, and really, they were more scarey for those around me, than for me...(so long as I didn't bump my head on the way down)...just some thoughts and support, hoping it helps a little.
Hugs
Susan

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I hope that this MRI can give you the answers that you need....it is not fun to be in that kind of pain everyday.....and poor Emmie.....that has to be so scary. I too will be saying prayers for you and your family!

Lisa

mommy24treasures said...

oh Steffie I will be praying for you and Emmie this week. I know you had to be so concerned for Emmie.
Lots of Love and prayers your way
Connie

Adoption Blog said...

I hope they'll find out what's wrong with your neck with this MRI!

I used to pass out a lot when a teenager! I had low blood pressure which apparently is very common in girls...it still happens occasionally. Emmie needs to remember the symptoms should it happen again, so she can sit (on the floor) preferably...otherwise falling and hitting any kind of object could be very painful. Something else that helps is look up in the sky and bite your nail on your pinky. I also used to drink broth after that...it helped!

I understand you are worried.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

S

Briana's Mom said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you and Emmie feel better soon. Thinking of you.

Leah said...

Oh man, you are going thru stuff! I will be praying. I cannot imagine my teenager passing out in my arms. Whew! I will definately be praying.

PandaMom said...

OMgoodness!!!!! I will certainly pray for y'all! That is too much going on! Know that you are covered from this end.

Terri said...

Oh honey, you do have a lot going on & I will sure keep you in my prayers this week. I also hope Emmie is OK, I can't imagine the feeling. Take care of your self & please keep us update.

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my. If you need help with anything, give me a call. I am glad that you are having an MRI, I think that will help to pinpoint what is happening. Now, I am worried about Emmie. Perhaps she is dehydrated? or anemic?

kitchu said...

Wow Steffie, lots going on... I hope they get your back/head pain figured out and fixed. I'm worried about Emmie- hope you're getting her to the doctor soon to have that checked out.
Keep us posted, thinking of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

Just want to say that I have you and Emmie in my prayers....please take care of yourself, keep us posted.

missy said...

Steffie,

Many prayers are being said for your family at my house and i'll add you to my prayer request list at church.

God is with you!

Missy

Kayce said...

Steffie...You are all in my prayers. Keep us updated and hollar if you need anything.....hugs!

Kristy said...

Hi Steffie, I am playing catch up here since I am back home. I love the bikes and their stickers, they could not be any more perfect. I pray that "YOU" get fixed really soon. I too have constant shoulder and neck pain due to a prior shoulder reconstruction. I just know Emmie is doing just fine and could she look anymore like your mother????? Lots of prayers and hugs are being sent your way, let us know how all goes.
Love, Kristy

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Oh Steffie {{{{hug}}}} I will be praying for you and hopes that the MRI will have some answers. I am sorry you are in so much pain. As for sweet Emmie I will keep her in my prayers as well. How scary. Please update us on how she is doing and how your MRI went. Love to all!!!

Mommy Spice said...

Oh my goodness, I would have been hysterical. I will be praying for Emmie, and you too. I do hope there's nothing wrong, however, I hope the doctors can figure out what's causing the pain. Hang in there.

Kim :) said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers (as well as Emmie!) Keep us posted!!

Gail said...

Oh Steffie, you have a lot on your plate right now. You are in my prayers and I hope you get some answers to all of this soon!

XO Gail

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, the coach in me (of course as Emmie adopted big sis) ... I want you to make sure she is getting enough hydration while playing ball and also enough protein in her diet ... or perhaps she just needs a few days of rest w/ her mother in Tennessee !!!

You know I am praying here always and love you just like family !!!!

my3 kids said...

Oh Steffie,

I am so sorry for what you are dealing with. I pray that your neck etc. heals and that you are relieved from the pain. I am sorry that this has happened to Emmie. I will pray for you both. Sending big Canadian hugs your way:)

Janice

Noemi said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you and Emmie in my prayers. I can only imagine how scary this all is right now. Did they check her sugar levels? Please keep us updated...

Linette said...

I'll be praying for your family Steffie! You have a lot going on right now and when you're in chronic pain, it affects everything. :( Hope you get some anaswers and relief soon!

Denise C said...

Just checking in on you and Emmie...how did the MRI go??? How is Emmie doing away at Volleyball camp?? I've been praying for both of you, sweet friend!!!
Love and Hugs!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Big hug my friend.... I am sorry you are going through the fire... but Jesus is with you...
You are in my prayers...
Love,
Daleea