Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our Holiday Weekend

I think I can honestly say that this weekend has been the best so far this summer. The weather was perfect, we took several boat rides, swam in the pool, played in the sand box, grilled, watched the fire works and we spent time with family and friends. It was awesome! ;)
P7043190-1
On the 4th we went over to our good friends house, grilled, swam in the lake and had a great time. We took the girls while Daniel stayed home and got one on one attention from my sister. Daniel got to feed the ducks from the dock and thought it was great. We came home so I could get Sophia to bed and David and Emmie took off in our boat to watch the fire works. I watched them from our dock. Also, I think I have planted a seed with some of our friends regarding adoption. They are seriously praying about it......I think they will be led to India. It is our Pastor and his wife and he is very called to India. I am calling an agency tomorrow about it. For them and us! ;)
P7053199
On Saturday my parents and both my sisters were here. Sophia and Daniel were just mesmerized with baby Ollie. Sophia thought she was the cutest thing ever and I think Daniel was taken with how little and tiny she is. It was precious! l_21b4babcec41a53eee6684146d075bcb
Emmie with her Oma and Opa. P7063210-1
The big news of the weekend was Daniel in our pool. Yes.....this was the first weekend that I actually took him in our bigger pool. (gasp) You see, last year he had no desire to be pushed around in a floatie. It was just pure stress to watch the two of them. So basically he has just played in the kiddie pool in the play yard this summer. Not to mention, he has not been a fish until this past weekend. He really could care less about the pool. Sophia loves it but is still quite fearful with the thought of being on her own in the water. She will not let go and try to float herself. So again, it makes for two adults to really watch them in the pool. So this was the weekend we decided to see how it would go. Get this......the boy was jumping off the sides of the pool not more than 2 minutes being in. And then....not more the 20 minutes later he was pushing away from me and swimming on his own. 26 months and he is swimming on his own.....with his life jacket on of course. I was the proudest Mommy ever! He is doing really, really well. Now....if we could only get Sophia to conquer her fear......all in time. P7063202-1
Here is our proud boy floating with Daddy. P7063208
My two beautiful girls hanging out in the pool together.
P7063200
The Princess.

36 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Looks like a great holiday weekend by all your updates and beautiful pictures. Congratulations to Daniel and his swimming progress!!

Hugs,
Kim K.

kerri said...

Steffie, loved the photos, way to go Daniel, there will be no keeping him out now.
Jennifer was in the pool today for 3 hours, I got out exhausted after two, what a little fish she is, LOL.
Love the fireworks photo!! ;)

mommy24treasures said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. I am so proud of Daniel WOW! Sounds like mommy will have to spend a little more time at the pool now:) That is wonderful he loved it so much!

OH MY #6 said...

Steffie,

the pictures are just fantastic. So nice that you had a wonderful weekend. It goes by so quickly though!

lea
xo

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a nice weekend...you are so lucky you had fantastic weather....it was horrible up here!

Way to go Daniel! Looks like you might be spending your days at the big pool!

Saying a prayer for you all....I have heard some great things about India!

Kim said...

Glad you had a GREAT Weekend..
Can't wait to hear more about India
LOVE the pictures..
They are beautiful...
Have a Great Week...
HUGS.....

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Love the pictures!!! Whoo hoo to that beautiful little boy swimming like a fish!
I will say a prayer for your pastor and his wife. I love that you planted a seed : ) Can't wait to hear more about India.

missy said...

What a blessed holiday you had! How wonderful that you were able to plant that very important seed in your friend's head. I have a friend who adopted from India and her daughters are so sweet, smart and beautiful!

Way to go Daniel!!! Such a big boy now!

Beautiful family you have : )

Anonymous said...

As always, I love the pictures, Steffie, the look on Sofia's face with her holding Ollie is so sweet!

The one of your parents made me teary, but then parent pics always do...wish my Dad was here with us, but I'm so happy that we still have my Mom and both of DH's parents!

Looks like a beautiful day was had by all.:)

Nancy said...

My youngest was scared to death of the water until a few years ago. Now he goes off everything and even does flips. Give her time without pushing it. I think too many people try to push kids when they aren't ready and they become more fearful.

I have distant cousins who adopted from India YEARS ago. They ended up with 2 within weeks of each other because a little girl was given up after arriving home due to issues (sleeping on the floor right next to her closed bedroom door, food hording, etc) her adoptive parents could not deal with. It was really sad. They just didn't know then what they do now.

Shelly and Family said...

What a great weekend you guys had! And you must keep us posted on what you hear from your agency (now that you mention something lol).

PS...your little man is doing great with the swimming thing. Our Francesca still won't let go while in the water to us. It is something we are working on...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Glad you had such a great weekend!

Adam and Jeane like water as long as there's only a little bit of it. And as long as it's not cold. They're not too big on the "cold water" thing. Um....we live in Canada. Let's hope they get used to it!! :-)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

looks like great fun !!! i always love it when someone else gets hooked on the adoption journey ... God never seems to let me down by drawing people to something that is so close to His heart !!!

my3 kids said...

How wonderful..it sounds like you had an fun and exciting holiday weekend. Way to go to your little man. Emma is getting much braver in the water but she sounds much like your Sophia not wanting to let go and float on her own. If she can touch the bottom she is fine but if not then she clings to the side or to one of us. Maybe by the end of summer both our girls will be a little braver in the water?!

Busy Mama said...

Sounds like SO much fun - and yes, your pics are great!

Kayce said...

What a wonderful weekend! Love all the pics! Congrats to Daniel for making it into the big pool!

day by day said...

So glad you had such a fun week-end!! Daniel must be sooo proud of his swimming! My girls are very cautious with the water, too..but I am glad about that. My son never had any fear and he made me a nervous wreck. : )

Adele said...

I am glad you all had such a wonderful weekend. I love all of the pics. Glad Daniel is swimming so well. That is awesome!!!
We have the same exact orange sundress in the first pic of Sophia. In fact, she wore it today.
I did get your email and I need to take time and sit down and email you back.
Have a great week. Take care.

Denise C said...

OH what a fun weekend!!! Love all the fabulous pictures!!!
Hugs to you sweet friend!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Way to go Daniel! Looks like an amazing weekend!

Gail said...

What a great little swimmer Daniel is becoming now! Great pics of a fun weekend. :)

Lisa said...

Love the pictures but I can't read the words!! Is anyone else having problems? The red background is making it hard to read!! Has anyone else mentioned it? Anyway, LOVE the last photo of Sophia and her flower!!

Lisa said...

weird..it is still the red pattern dominating the words. It must be my computer if it is supposed to be a white background...crazy!

Anonymous said...

I cant read the words either, the green blends into the red. I wondered if it was a mac thing?
I love this blog and wanna see the words too hahaha :D

Thanks for sharing this beautiful blog with us all!!!!!

Noemi said...

Great Pics....

Sounds ike fun was had by all.

Where do you host your picutres? i just lost hundreds of pictures and have some saved but not all. ARGH I think you once mentioned that you had a hosted picture site but I can remember or find it.

Michelle R Photography said...

What beautiful pictures. Way to go, Daniel!! Glad to hear you had such a fabulous weekend.

LaLa said...

Love all the pics...way to go Daniel.

Soooo checking it out for yourself too huh?? : )

Mr.Brian said...

So glad someone had a fun weekend.I did nothing,saw no fireworks.Ohhhh what a dull life I live.Thats ok no complaints,life is good.
Just one question?????Why oh why do I never see pictures of you in a swim suit? After all I am wanting a new screensaver!!!!!!:).
That should get the ladies talking:}.
Hey maybe I can do a post and have all the ladies send me pictures of them in their suits and I will chose a winner????Ya think that would fly????
Hope your week is a great as you are dear.Hope I made you laugh for the day.

Kim said...

Fun times! Looks like you are having a great summer. Thanks for visiting me. How do you ever find the time to do all you do?

I have tagged you on my blog. Go over and find out what to do next :) Have a great day!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You sound like you had a wonderful weekend of family and friends! The last picture of Sophia is just breathtaking! I love her cheeks!!!

SO proud of Mr. Blue Eyes!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word, the last photo of Sophia is just gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful!

D & S said...

Looks like the gang had a great time!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend - I can feel your excitement in this post!
How cool that your pastor and his wife are thinking about adoption...I also have been talking with a friend who is seriously thinking about it...it just makes me wanna do cartwheels!
(Keep us posted on India, yes?)

Love the photos as always. The fireworks pic is awesome!

Oh yeah, and congrats to Daniel the fish. And, we need to get over there and have Sophia swim around with Lily for awhile...worked last year, didn't it?

Jewels of My Heart said...

so glad you all had a wonderful time!

Dawn said...

What a fun weekend!! It is going to be so exciting to see where God leads you!!

Blessings~

Adoption Blog said...

It seems like you had a great weekend!

Your Emmy looks like a Doll!

Oma and Opa...it makes me smile...when I was a child I could not say Oma and Opa I used to say Bomma and Boppa and it stayed...even now they passed away 23 years ago and 12 years ago respctively we still call them Bomma and Boppa, my cousins included ;-)

Your parents look so happy, young and healthy! You are lucky!

;-)

P.S. It looks like you had a very "gezelig" time together...(I'm sure you know what that means!) ;-))