Friday, July 4, 2008

It's All Because Of You

P6272987
It is interesting to me how this second adoption journey has changed for me since April 4, 2007. I felt so strongly that the birth order in our home should stay intact. That I wanted a healthy baby girl under the age of 12 months. P6272955
However, that has changed. I no longer worry about keeping birth order or that we have to bring home a sister. In fact, at this point, I believe our journey is to bring home an older son or daughter. Our dream has changed. P6272989
And it's all because of you.

27 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful little boy.

Happy 4th!

Lea
xo

mommy24treasures said...

hope you have a wonderful holiday. Love your blue eyed little man.

Michelle said...

Those beautiful blue eyes melt my heart.

Happy 4th of July!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Enjoy this special holiday with all your kiddos.

Hugs,
Kim K.

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures...
Beautiful post..
Danial's eyes are amazing..
Happy 4th of July..
Love ya girly..

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

ok you got me...I'm now in tears. He is so beautiful! Steffie I think you know how I feel about boys : ) I love having boys. They make my heart swell. And when they grow up, they LOVE their Mommy's. I remember when I was pregnant with my 4th son. Instead of people rejoicing with us that we were about to have a 4th I often heard "Boy you are really trying for a girl aren't you". I found that so sad. Every child is a miracle no matter the sex.
That little boy of yours just melts my heart. He reminds me of my boys when they were little. So full of wonder.
I am very excited to walk down this journey with you.
Happy 4th to you and to your family. Thank you for being such an amazing friend.

Denise C said...

Oh my WORD! Those eyes.....*sigh*.....!
Beautiful blue-eyed little Daniel!

Have a Happy 4th with your family!

(*We ended up staying in town...the weather is rain~ rain~ rain~ for the next 3 days at Beech Mtn...so we'll go next weekend!)

Love ya girl!

Ashley Winters said...

Love those big, beautiful eyes. Happy 4th!!

Diana said...

He is so DARN cute!!!
Those EYES....

Gwen Oatsvall said...

It is amazing how God changes our heart ... I never knew what a journey would look like to bring home a SN child and I think of all the growth and changes that Maggie has brought us ... She has an amazing fighting spirit and I am blessed to be her mother ... I love how the stretching of the Lord always benefits us !!!

my3 kids said...

I too can't get over his beautiful eyes. Wow, stunning! What a sweet little boy you have. Steffie I pray that whoever, whatever the age my be that you find your next child before too long. He/she will fit right in just as they are supposted too:) Such a beautiful family you have:) Happy 4th of July....have a great one!

LaLa said...

Girl you know how our journey has changed too. At first I was sad at the thought of no sister for Annslee (at least not right now) but now I am so excited about a sweet boy. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

Happy 4th!

Gail said...

It's amazing how you think you may want something and God has other plans, I know God has something great for you coming!

Happy July 4th Steffie!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I always LOVE to see his beautiful blue eyes! Praying God reveals His amazing plan for you soon!!

kerri said...

Happy 4th of July, have a wonderful holiday. ;) xo

Paula said...

What a beautiful boy. I love the little flying monkey!

Mr.Brian said...

Happy 4th to my favorite firecracker.
Hope it was swell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Mr.Brian

Livin' out loud said...

We are here to say that we have done it and three months later, we have no regrets!
Hugs
Susan

day by day said...

Steffie...his eyes are absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!!! Oh, how you are Blessed to be able to look into them each and every day!

Kristi said...

Every good and perfect gift is from above......and you have such a lovely family. Thank you for sharing how God changes us as he guides us towards His will. I love to follow your journey.
Those baby blues on that boy of yours are a charmer!

Livin' out loud said...

Please feel free to email me if there is anything I can help with :)
gsfuri@gmail.com
Susan

Shelly and Family said...

Hope you guys had a grat 4th of July! Your little man has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen...

Elise said...

Beautiful photos!

Jewels of My Heart said...

So precious.... love these shots of your little man.
I love your heart and your willingness to trust the Lord to lead you to your child.... who ever they may be...
God's Speed

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, God's plans are always soooo much better than ours...I have enjoyed watching His plan unfold in your life over the past several years and I am looking forward to seeing what's next!

Daniel is a beautiful little boy. I agree, those blue eyes are just something else!

Hope you're having a good weekend, and enjoying this perfect weather.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

He is gorgeous Steffie.....those eyes melt my heart!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Lisa

C's Mom said...

He's such a beautiful child...be he the baby of the family or not.