Monday, June 30, 2008

The Flying Monkey

P6032577
Don't let that smile fool you!
(She is soooooo up to something. There is a reason why she is sitting on the arm rest of the couch. Because in a minute she is going to stand up on it and.....) P6032582
Look, I'm floating.....don't worry Mom, I told you....I won't hurt myself.
(Sophia, I don't think you should be jumping off of the end of the couch like that) P6032584-1

Look at me.....this is great Mom!!!

(Screaming.....loudly I might add!) (2nd jump) P6032581
Oh.... just one more time. I can hardly help myself! I'm a flying monkey, Mom!
(3rd jump.......ok enough Miss Flying Monkey) P6032575
I'm sorry Mom, Daniel made me do it!
P6132715
(Let me go ask him)

Daniel, did you tell sissy to jump off the couch like a flying monkey???

(Oh pleeeeeeease sissy....."I" was given access into the Princess chambers.
HA HA!! You are so busted!)

43 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Way too cute! I just so love the expression on her face when she is doing it!

(at least in your family it is Daniel who is getting 'blamed' in our house, at first it was Hank our little dog who past away only 10 months after bring Francesca home and since than it is Honey..who is our 14 year old lab)

Anonymous said...

wow these photos are fantastic! did you take a photography course! Love them.

too cute these kids. Just too darn cute. And, gotta mention that dress. LOVE it!

Have a good Monday my friend.

Lea
xo

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE her huge smile jumping off the arm of the couch! Love it!

I also just adore Daniel's eyes...just beautiful. I don't really notice eyes that much but Daniel's eyes and Connie's Jacob's eyes are just gorgeous!

kerri said...

Love the photos!!
How funny the blame went to Daniel, poor little guy.
No one gets blamed here, the girls have decided to take a united front and stand up for each other, this makes life intresting, LOL.
Hope your week is fantastic...

C's Mom said...

Two funny (yes, I meant to spell it like that). After all, they look so innocent. :0)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your Sophia is quite the fashion Diva. Gotta love those action mid-air shots! Have a great week.

Hugs,
Kim K.

Ashley Winters said...

Your daughter is beautiful. I love the photos. Very cute! Nice music on your blog too.

Briana's Mom said...

Wow - those pictures are fantastic! Cuteness galore!

Deb said...

Too funny, your a great narrator ;O)

Man, Daniels eyes are stunning!

Thanks for the welcome back. I missed ya'll too. Good to be able to see thing from a new perspective.

Juliette said...

That dress is adorable and the little girl in it just beautiful!
It's a long weekend here for a lot but I have to work today so I was glad to check your blog and see this nice and funny post! Gives me some boost for the day...Thanks and have a great week.

Kim said...

Okay... Sophia is soooo cute... LOVE her face.. it is like she is having the greatest time of her life....
Her dress is beautiful.. goes amazing with her skin tone... LOVE IT..
And Daniel's eyes are sooooo beautiful... Looks like his scar is healing well..
Have a Great Week...
Pictures are beautiful..
HUGS..

Mr.Brian said...

Love it!!!!
There must never be a dull moment in your home.
I am thinking Daniel is looking pretty guilt free.
Just like a women to blame us men who are so PERFECT!!!!!
Hugs,
Mr.Brian

Gail said...

Great pics...love them! The look on her face is just priceless! We have a flying monkey here named Grace, she does the same thing.
Daniel is going to be a heartbreaker BTW, what a handsome little guy!

Take care!

~verna said...

That is one wild monkey!! Love how her dress makes a parachute!! You have such great pictures!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

heheeeee we Moms just take all of the fun out of things.... no more monkeys jumping on the bed! lol
I LOVE her dress!
Come and vist... I have a little something for you on my blog... wait until later though for me to finish.

Unknown said...

They both look so innocent, like butter wouldn't melt in their mouth. To Cute.
Donna

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

ROTFL she is so darn cute!!! I bet my Livi "Queen of the trampoline" aka my couch, would love to get together with The flying Monkey! : )
Great pictures as always!!! Just adorable!!!

Nikki said...

Oh, that's good!
Love your little brownberry flying monkey!
Also glad to see that you are finding your happy place over there...love ya!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your "flying monkey" is really cute. I love her dress. And THOSE eyes on Daniel. Dear me. Lady killer.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Your kids are so adorable....and what great pictures!!!

I have popped over to your blog a couple of times, but not sure if I ever left a comment before....we visit a lot of the same places!

This wait is so difficult....as I read your posts I so feel your pain....you are right...there is a path that is meant for you and you will know when to follow it!

I will check back soon!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Okay, my break has ended :). BTW where did you find that darling dress??

Sharon said...

Adorable!! I read down a ways to catch up with you and please know I am keeping you in my prayers as your go through this again! I think you are amazing!! Where do you get all the energy?? But I am so glad you have it!! I loved your summer collages too!
God Bless!!

Gail said...

Check out my blog, U have been tagged! ;)

Gail

Lisa said...

She is just way too cute. I love her dress. Funny that you called her a "flying monkey" go check out my blog...we have "theme" going on! Great picture of Daniel. He is growing up so fast!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

OMG you changed your blog layout again!! From this morning : ) this is way too cute!!!! You are so talented. I can barely post LOL

Busy Mama said...

LOVE the new look AND the pics for today - that is SO good!! It's those spicy monkeys we have!

Jewels of My Heart said...

yep! You did it again! You are an endless font of creativity my dear.....
love,
the one who SCREAMS....
Artsey- Fartsey


ROFLOL

Denise C said...

Oh how fun! Can we play too??? hee-hee!
Mis Sophia is the prettiest flying monkey I have ever laid eyes on...and speaking of eyes....Just look at Daniel's GORGEOUS BLUE EYES! WOW....they are stunning!
Love you sweet friend!

mommy24treasures said...

very cute! Caitlyn is doing things like this and telling me to get the camera. ummm...
You were SUPPOSED to be woprking on your book, NOT making another blog design!;)
Have a nice Tuesday:)

redmaryjanes said...

Oh yes...Eli and Sophia are kindred spirits. I just love that little dress she is wearing, it is darling! And just look at little Daniel, he looks so innocent in it all : )

Lisa said...

You've been tagged..! Come to blog to play a simple game that Denice at Tucked inside My Heart tagged me to play! : )

Michelle R Photography said...

Too funny. I just love how you caught her in the action. And the look on Daniel's face... priceless.

By the way, I sent you an email to respond to your comment. I just didn't want it to get stuck in spam.

PandaMom said...

Oh those little toots!!! They are going to have so much fun together growing up and getting into all kinds of things! ; )

Shawnstribe said...

what great great photos, i love the her expressions as she is mid air!!!!
xxx
s
(UK)

Joan said...

I love your new look!

Anonymous said...

Steffie,

She is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the dress. You take such awesome photographs. You captured Daniel's beautiful eyes!!

Dawn

Kristy said...

As usual beautiful pics!!! Steffie I tagged you so when you get a chance go to my blog and take a look!!

Love, Kristy

Kim said...

LOVE the new look...
Like always you are amazing..
Hugs my friend..
Have a Great Week..

day by day said...

Now look at that last photo of Daniel. He just has the most innocent expression...how could he ever be behind trouble? LOL!

Adoption Blog said...

These are FANTASTIC shots!

They both look like angels! I love the way Daniel gets the blame...

It takes 2 to tango, remember?

LoL!

Wendy said...

What beautiful pictures... All of a sudden the all look sooo grown up!

Enjoy your Day
Wendy

FHL said...

LOL!!! She was getting some pretty good height there too! Gymnast? Maybe??? :o)

Hope you're having a wonderful summer week!

Livin' out loud said...

I will NOT show my girls these pictures!!! They do not any more influence to jump on the furnature lol!
Susan