Friday, March 7, 2008

Favorite Foto's Friday

P3040767-1 P3050802 P3040765-1 P3050808-1

Well......my latest obsession has been my new camera. I recently purchased an Olympus E 510. It came with two lenses. A 14-42mm and a 40-150mm. I went out this past week and bought an ED f2.0 Macro lens. So far, I am loving it. The down side is that because it is so bitter cold here, that my picture taking is confined to the inside of my house. I'm so excited to be taking all of my new camera gear to Maui. ;) I also bought a bigger flash to help with the shadows that keep appearing in the pictures. Haven't experimented with that yet. Perhaps this weekend. Another project I have started, is slowly but surely uploading my blog to Shutterfly so I can make a keepsake book, or two, from it. I decided to do a book a year. So I am currently working on 2007. And........ since I FINALLY learned how to change my blog and learned how to scrap and make pages, I found that when I upload those to the book that they look really pretty. I'm excited....especially since I just don't have the time to create a scrap book through Creative Memories like I use to. Oh yes......and I've also got my eye on a new printer. One that lets you print a picture as small as a 4x6 all the way up to a 13x19. Can you imagine???? I'm trying to refrain from getting it until after we come back from Maui. Besides.....I need to do a little bit of research on the Canon vs. the HP. So the pictures for today are just some shots I have been taking with the new camera, trying to figure out all the gizmo's and gadgets on it so I can get a nice picture of my Things. I was pretty pleased with the outcome of these. Have a great weekend....... S*

51 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like a saaaaweet camera! I can't get over the clairity of the pic of the D-man, looks at the eyes! you can see almost every etch in his iris! He has really pretty peepers!
Have a great weekend.

mommy24treasures said...

WOWOWOWOWOOWWOWO!!!
They are great Steffie!
I love them. I am so proud of you!;) The one with Daniel is amazing and the blurriness behind Emmie is perfect. I am so glad you are figuring things out and enjoying your camera!
Have fun today!

Kim said...

Great Pictures...
Sounds like you have been busy...
Hope all is well..
Have a Great Weekend..

Michelle said...

Fabulous pictures, Steffie! Looks like you have been having plenty of fun with your new camera!

Gail said...

I'm impressed...sweet photos!!
I also have a new camera, just have to get it out and practice some more.
Have a great weekend. :)

jennifer said...

New cameras are so much fun! Especially in Maui!!! The pictures are great.

You need to check out this website: www.blurb.com

It makes books out of your blog, and it "slurps" them up all by itself. You can then edit anything you want. It is really cool. I am going to blog about it soon.

Marla said...

Wow!! Those are amazing Steffie!!! Of course, you do have some super cute subjects to shoot, too. :)

Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

Every great Chef should be confined to the kitchen with a gate behind them.

Great pictures:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Looks like you are having fun with your camera. Wanna come to China with me and take some pictures? 4 days until CHINA! Woo hoo! By the way, another online service that allows you to take your blog and turn it directly into a book is http://www.blurb.com/

Have a great weekend. Keep thinking of all that warm weather you'll be soaking up soon.

Love,
Kim K.

Ashley said...

Fantastic pictures!! :)

Kayce said...

Steffie those are beautiful pictures!! Have a great weekend!!

Lisa said...

Very cute pictures! That's a great idea to upload your blog onto Shutterfly. I love Shutterfly! I'm familiar with uploading pictures, but I don't think I'm clever enough (like you are) to figure out how to upload my blog!!

Debbie said...

I love the pictures!! I want to get more lenses for my new camera (a Canon EOS 30 D) !! I have 2 and want more and I want to get a seperate flash too! I ALSO want Adobe Photo Shop!!! I know want, want, want, is a bad thing!!! I was told the best printer to print pictures is an Epson, but that was a few years ago so things have probably changed!! Also I want to download my blog too!! HOW?????

Debbie

Mommy Spice said...

Excellent pictures!! I love all the pink around Emmie!! What beautiful children. Love your camera!!

4D said...

Just gorgeous. Not hard when the subject matter is so great!

Keep smilin!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love all the pictures and you are do so well with your new camera! Can't wait to see the Maui pictures when you go!!!

P.S. Totally understand the scrapbooking thing....no time for that anymore!

Elise said...

They look great! I have been on the look out for a new camera myself...and I am totally interested in the new printer that prints 13X9. I completely get the not having time for the CM albums anymore. I am three years behind on my tradtional scrapbooking but I love digital...no mess...no clean up...and I can take my laptop anywhere without lugging all my scrap crap with me;) Too bad the hubs built me a scrapbook room...but it works as teen creative space too!

Can't wait to see more of your beautiful new pictures! Especially in Maui!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I wish I could take those great pictures! I'm a horrible photographer. Just point and shoot. And it's usually blurry. Sigh. Feel sorry for me yet? Sniff. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are gorgeous; all of them!

Young Creations said...

Oh I am so jelous. Your pictures are just beautiful. Enjoy in good health!!

Have a great weekend.
Lauren

Michelle said...

Love the pictures!! I have two 12x12 stamped scrapbooks of our journey to JiaLi and I keep wondering how I'm going to make one for our newest addition--when it happens. I am loving the digital scrapbooking but still have so much to learn!! I keep joking with my husband about needing a 12x12 printer--could you please share the printer you saw that does that variety of sizes--it sounds awesome. Not that I'll get it but it's fun to look and you never know;)

Diana said...

I love all the pictures you took BUT the first one of Daniel is BEAUTIFUL!! Those eyes of his are beautful!!! He is such a handsome boy.

Nikki said...

Love the photos - especially the ones of Daniel!
Have a good weekend...is Sophia feeling better???

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Great photo's. I'm buying a new digital rebel tomorrow(I have the original digital rebel,time to upgrade) I hope the lens I have fit the new one ; 0
My oldest son works for CDW if you would like I can ask him for info on both printers for you . Let me know. My son is in their marketing dept.
Have a wonderful weekend...I have to say your daughters are beautiful...but that little guy steals my heart every time I look at his sweet little face : )

Linette said...

These pictures are great Steffie! How fun you got a new camera. Looks like you're doing great already. I didn't even know you could make a keepsake book on shutterfly-I must check that out. Have a wonderful weekend, friend!

D & S said...

I love the pictures of all your Things! Keep up the good work.

Denise C said...

These are absolutely stunning photos!!! You do not need any practice...you've got it nailed! Beautiful! Can't wait to see all the gorgeous photos from Maui!!! Those will be stunning as well!!!
Hope Sophia is feeling better!

Have a blessed weekend, my friend!!!

day by day said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

redmaryjanes said...

What gorgeous photos! They look like real life. I hope that Sophia is feeling better and I'm so happy for you guys heading out to Maui. We will be in Florida again this year.

dawn said...

Sending your family lots of feel better soon love.

Kim said...

I am sooo sorry to hear about Sophia...I hope she gets better soon...
HUGS to you all..

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so sorry Sophia is not better yet. Will be praying for her.
Your pics are fantastic!
How cool that you can make a book... How do you upload your blog?
Congratulations on your new camera!!!!!! It's so exciting!

kerri said...

Wow!!
I love the photos, congrats on the new camera!! Can't wait for the vacation pics. ;)
Hugs for Sophia, bet better soon little sweetie girl.

C's Mom said...

Beautiful photos :0)

I hope Sophia gets over this fever business VERY soon!

Kristi said...

Love the pictures.....awesome camera! Are you using using a scrapbooking program for your blog design? Also what program is it? I went to scrapbooking FCC group and one lady was using her computer. Just gathering info as I have never scrapbooked before either way!

Kristi said...

Also, so sorry Miss Sophia is sick again! Somehow I missed that post at the top! Hugs and prayers for good health for you all.

Laura Nipper said...

So sorry to read that Sophia is still still. Poor little thing. Hope the Dr's can give her something to make her feel better.

Love the new photos of the kids. Your camera is amazing. You take awesome photos.

Debbie said...

Bless her heart, I hope she is better SOON!!!!

Debbie

Yoli said...

Beautiful pictures, just stunning. I hope your baby feels better soon.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am anxious for the maui pictures ... i need sand, sun, and warm weather to cheer me up !!!

Wendy said...

I really hope your little girl feels better soon...

Take care of yourself and your faimly!!!

Wendy

cougchick said...

gorgeous shots!

Briana's Mom said...

Those pictures are breathtaking!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo's and you blog, i have been a lurker for awhile and wanted to let you know your place is one of my everyday stops.
Chris in Iowa

Steffie B. said...

well thank you Chris...that was very kind...have a great week.

Juliette said...

These pics are great! Good job.
And your kiddos are super sweet as usual.
Hoping Sophia gets better fast.

FHL said...

Your blog is beautiful...I'm hoping to one of these days sit down and figure out the whole digital scrapbook world, but until then I'll just have to enjoy and hopefully gain some inspiration from all the amazing blogs like yours!

Great Pictures too....
Smiles :-)

3 Peanuts said...

Steffie,

You photos look GREAT! Your new looks like it is really wonderful. Like you, I am totally bitten by the photogrpahy bug. Now I surf the photography blogs instead of the adoption ones:)

You will have great pictures from Maui! Okay--you never told me why you aksed about the middle name...

I plan to make one of those books too from the blurb people.

Kim

t~ said...

I'm getting the itch for a new camera.....great photos!

Livin' out loud said...

Your pics have wonderful clarity, nice work! And of course I love the subjects!!
Susan

Kim said...

omg! my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw your photos! They are awesome! What made you choose the Olympus? I have been wanting a Canon Rebel for years and years but I can't decide if its "the one" I am in the market for a new camera and about to make the leap from a point and shoot but I don't want to make the wrong choice...but every minute I procrastinate I could be snapping shots like those you posted. Priceless memories in real life clarity. HELP PLEASE!!!