Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine Things

Daniel really wasn't too worried about all the Valentine fuss. He loved his little balloon. I bought him a brand new Einstein Point and Find book, a bubble maker for the bath tub and a new plate with matching silverware with Diego on it. I'm going to have my sister give it to him over the weekend. I know he will love it. The airline changed our flight to leave much earlier so I will not be able to see Daniel the morning we leave. This gives me mixed emotions. I know he is NOT going to be happy that Mommy is gone and I so enjoy that first morning cup of milk as we snuggle together in his rocking chair. Physically, I need a break. I'm currently at the chiro two times a week trying to get my neck and shoulders from being in so much pain. And I mean pain! Emotionally, I love him to pieces and hate being away from him. The upside to the change? We are getting into TN about 5 hours earlier, so we get to be with Gwen and her family that much more! ;) I'm trying to prepare myself for seeing Maggie. Just thinking about it makes my eyes fill with tears. What a miracle and survivor she is!
Ah yes......Princess (Cinderella) Sophia. OMW......you should have heard her as she opened her bag. First came the squeals of " A magic wand like the Fairy God Mother." (mudder) And then she pulled out the shoes. She begins screaming at the top of her lungs...... " GLASS SLIPPERS(swippers)......OH MY GOODNESS........LOOK DADDY.......GLASS SLIPPERS". It was priceless! Then came the dress and crown . She was in princess heaven and I was in Mommy heaven. ;) Then she looks at me and says "This is my best present ever." How cute is that?
One more glance at my beautiful self before I go and show sissy!
Poof........twirling her wand and making wishes. And...... turning Daniel into everything she can think of! lol
I was so excited to be able to go to Sophia's party at school. As you can see, she was thrilled with her bowl of ice cream. (Mommy was not) And this was served after the huge CC cookie with sprinkles that she woofed down before hand. Notice the ice cream ooooozing out of her teeth. I love it! ;) OH......... Am I the only one that cringes at the boat load of candy given out? She must have got 4-5 blow pop suckers with gum in them.....sorry.....not yet! Basically the box got "left" in the car, only to be forgotten and somehow made it's way to the trash. She get's her snacks here at home. I'm not a scrooge, but I just do not feel that she needs all the extra candy right now. That will all happen in due time all on it's own.
Well, we are off to see Gwen. And from what I understand, I'm also getting to see HER and meeting HER It is just going to be a China girl weekend! Emmie and I are so excited. My camera is charged and ready to go. ;) Let the photo shoot begin! lol I hope you all have a great weekend.

30 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the pictures of your sweet Valentines! LOVE LOVE LOVE Sophia's Cinderella costume...girls are so much fun!

Have a blast in Tennessee...can't believe you get to see Gwen and her gang...I know you'll give them all a big squeeze from me...PLEASE!? Also the other families that you will see - I wish so much that I could be there too, to hug on them myself!
Enjoy and please take lots of pics as I will be living vicariously thru you.
XOXO

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures...
Looks like the kids LOVED their gifts...
Sophia is adorable...love the Cinderella gown...she is sooo pretty...
So glad you are getting a little break..
You are going to have sooo much fun..Can't wait for the pictures...
I told Gwen to give you her material while she is there and you could send it with yours...
Give her and ALL the kids hugs for me...
HAVE FUN!!!
LOVE YA!!!!

Marla said...

Love the pics, looks like they had a great Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful trip!

Mr.Brian said...

Hope your time gives you a chance to recharge yourself.Soundls likeyou need it.
The picture of Sophie looking at herself in the oven is priceless.my favorite for sure.
Be fun reading about the weekend.
Now when you get back it is time for some good fun posts.
I'll see if I can have some good ones next week.Not to worried about that.Most days bring at least one or two laughs.
Hugs,
Brian

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! Cute Valentine Things :-)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Adorable "things" you've got there....:-)

redmaryjanes said...

Daniel is looking so much older! I can't believe it.
And Sophia is perfect in her Cinderella dress. She is a princess.
Have a wonderful time with Gwen my friend. You are exactly what she needs.

D & S said...

They're so cute! I hope you had a great V-day and enjoy your vacation.

mommy24treasures said...

Have fun!!!! Give all of those darling China girls a big hug from me too!
Beautiful beautiful princess pictures!!!
Can't wait to hear what fun you had.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Your little Valentines are precious. Love the princess story.... too, too sweet.
So excited for you to see Grew. Please give her and Maggie a big hug for me.

Denise C said...

Praying for safe healthy travels and much much fun & love in TN! I am sad that I am only a few hours away...and can't even work it out to meet you guys!!
Next time for sure!!! Gwen and I were talking about a summer get together! Hugs & Love!!!
**can't wait to see the Photo shoot!!!

kerri said...

I love your little Valentines. :O)
Have asafe, relaxing and wonderful time, I can't wait to see pictures!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your travels and adventures with Gwen. Happy Belated Valentines. Your pictures are so dang cute. The blog layout is fab!!!

Love,
Kim K.

Holly said...

Awww what a beautiful Cinderella princess! Have a great time.

Shandra said...

Sweet pics. I hope you enjoy your trip.

OH MY #6 said...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Lea

3 Peanuts said...

Have a GREAT time with Gwen!!! We look forward to a full report:)

Elise said...

Sophia looks just adorable in her "Rella" costume (that is what Hailey used to call Cindrella) she was a "Rella" girl too. Have fun on your trip and I will pray that you can have peace about leaving your cute little Daniel...sounds like he is a mama's boy but maybe daddy/son bonding is just what he needs.

Enjoy yourself with your girls!!!

Val said...

just precious.....Thanks for sharing. I love your blog.

Mommy Spice said...

Precious Valentines!! I love the whole Cinderella outfit. What a doll. Have a great vacation!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Beautiful pictures! I love her princess outfit and apparently she does too ;)

Have a wonderful trip and we look forward to pictures!!!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

There is no more beautiful princess today!
Hope your meeting went as hoped---sure that it did....
Hope you got rested up, too.

missy said...

I love your blog! I just found it. I am a big sissy to a little one from China and it warms my heart to see other little girls and their sister/s have a close bond. You have a beautiful family!

Wendy said...

She's such a princess...

Lauren said...

They are all so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a marvelous time!

jennifer said...

I know you had a blast! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Kim said...

I love the pictures that I have seen so far...
Looks like you had a BLAST... Can't wait to see all the pictures..
Have a Great Week girly..
HUGS TO YOU

my3 kids said...

awe how sweet little Sophia is. Hope you guys had a wonderful time on your trip!

Pam said...

Beautiful pics. It was great seeing the three of you this past Sunday. I miss all of our Pingjiang families. Sophie has grown up so much. I am thankful that Hannah opened up for you all while we were together.