We were all very excited to get to TN....... Sophia was excited to get her big chocolate chip cookie from starbucks ;)
Here we are......Laura, Pam, Steffie and Gwen. It was so great to meet Laura and an extra special treat to see Pam. We had dinner together and then the girls played and the photo shoot began! lol I am POSITIVE that Laura won in taking the most pictures! ;)
Just the girls......
The girls had a super time with each other. I think all the dress up clothes were being used. It was a China Girl Princess Heaven. I must also add that Miss Maggie just touched my heart. What a beautiful child she is....a survivor....a blessing to all those that meet her. She was loving and sweet and snuggled right up with you. A precious, precious gift for her family.
I'm not quite sure that I can put into words what this past weekend ment to me or to Emmie. The relationship that we have with Gwen's family is deeply planted in our hearts. We know that it was because of our daughters that we met......we are so thankful for that. There is just an easy bond and friendship.....like we have known each other for years. When we arrived at the airport there was screaming and laughter and when we left there were tears of sadness. We hung out for 2 1/2 days and there was never a dull moment. We went to church on Sunday which was a major highlight for me personally. I was brought to tears. It was incredible. The diversity of the church, the songs, the sermon.....all wonderful. So "me". I bought the CD so I can listen to it again. There were trips to Target, stopping for ice cream, which I might add is SERIOUS business for Emmie and Gwen. All three little girls are eating their strawberry ice cream with sprinkles, I settle for coffee ice cream with a some heath bar thrown in....but Emmie and Gwen stood there together discussing all the options and just how much they could get into their bowls. CHOCOLATE FREAKS....BOTH OF THEM! I don't get it?!?!?!?!? lol *wink* We ate pizza after church at "Pie In The Sky", took an afternoon drive, and ate at Krispy Kremes the morning we left. The little ones got to play outside Sunday afternoon and Gwen and I just watched them and spent time talking. It was just a wonderful, relaxing weekend.
We already have plans to go back in April and I have decided to let Emmie stay with Gwen for a few weeks this summer. I really can't think of another adult that Emmie has such a bond with. She truly loves Gwen deeply. You can see it when they are together and very much so when they have to part ways. Gwen gave her the Jesus Calling book and I know she will treasure it. Emmie is also taken with all of Gwens children. Both the boys and the girls. She spent time with all of them.
Thank you Gwen, my sweet friend for having us once again in your home. Your friendship is one that I pray will continue to grow as the years pass us by. ;)
Love you!
Click on any collage to enlarge....





26 comments:
ok, now i am crying ... you know i love your family and feel blessed that God matched us up the way he did ... i can't wait for the next visit and the chocolate Emmie and I can eat ... i loved just hanging and talking... the bond we have as women is such a blessing from the Lord ... like Pastor Chris talked about in church ... i want to live a life of Liberty and i just know that adoption has opened my eyes to so much that God wanted me to see ... i don't take Emmie's affection lightly and feel honored that she loves me... you have done a great job w/her and i hope to be in her life for a long time and watch her blossom into whatever God wants her to be ... love ya sister !!! COME ON APRIL !!!!
Oh what a sweet sweet post about dear friends....and the special trip you all shared together!!! Beautiful pictures....all of them! I can just see the love you all have between you....it truly is a special bond!
Thanks for sharing!!
Love,
Denise
Great post and beautiful pictures!
Great pictures and AMAZING post.
I can tell in the pictures and the post that you are both such amazing women..
I am soo glad you had a wonderful,relaxing weekend..
You both deserve it..
Hugs to you ..
I sooo want to meet you one day...
Have a Great Week...
I love the pictures...what a fun time! Emmie looks so happy! I love seeing a smile on her face.I have thought of her alot lately and have hoped that things are going a bit better for her : )
oh Steffie, I am so happy you had such a wonderful time, I know you all needed it. It is great that Emmie feels such closeness to Gwen, I am sure it will be a fabulous experience for her to spend a few weeks with the Oatsvall team! What a wonderful weekend! A friendship as you share is definitely something to treasure.
PS Krispy Kreme is so yummy isn't it?:)
Well, I don't know if I really took the most pictures or not ; ) It was so wonderful spending time with you guys. You and your girls are so beautiful inside and out. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your visit with your travelmates to chat with me about Annslee's speech issues. We have an appt. tomorrow with her pediatrician and I am totally dreading it. Tonight I merely mentioned the doctor looking in her ears and she began screaming and crying shouting "No Mama" Say a prayer for both of us tomorrow!
Gwen is a really special lady and I am so happy y'all will be back more often ~ hopefully we will see you again soon> I will NOT be getting into a swimsuit near either of you skinny minnies though !!
What a beautiful post and your scrapbooking is awesome. You have such a talent for taking photos and expressing yourself through words. It's always amazing how the Lord bring people into our lives when we need it the most. God is so good.
What a blessing to have such a wonderful friend.
Oh Steffie, I just loved this post and all of the pictures.I could hardly wait to hear about your weekend with Gwen and her family. You and Gwen are definitely ladies that I KNOW I would love to hang out with if we lived closer. Hey, we are all Bethany families so I guess I feel a little kinship with you two. I am so glad that Emmie had a wonderful time as well. It is awesome that she and Gwen share a relationship like that. I pray that Mallory will have a godly mentor as well when she is a teenager. So glad you are home and that your trip was very memorable. Love to you and your family!
What a great weekend. hope you are able to hold on to it's glow for a while.
I loved this post. What fun. I wish I was located closer to Blogland folks!
Your daughters are so BEAUTIFUL!!
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! What precious, precious pictures!!!!!!!!!!! The kids are adorable and you ladies are all so beautiful!
Thanks for sharing your trip!
Sue
It looks like your trip was the needed respite that all the Beckering ladies deserved. I enjoyed all the pictures. Welcome back to West Michigan weather, Steffie! Sorry that your kiddos are now under the weather. Darn.
Love,
Kim K.
It looks like it eas such a special weekend. It is amazing the way adoptyion brings more people to love into our lives!!! You all seem like such loving and warm people it is no wonder you click so well:)
Kim
I love this post!!
I'm so glad you had such a great reunion, the pics are terrific.
Love all the pictures Stef. Looks like the trip was a ton of fun! :)
Sounds like a spectacular weekend! The pictures are so full of joy ...
How lucky you ALL are!
Lea
Well, my dear, when I push thru all of my JEALOUSY, I am very happy for you all! heehee
Seriously, it sounds (and looks) like you had a blast! duh. How could you not???
It was just what you girls needed!
XOXO
Stef,
So glad that you girls all had a beautiful weekend. Isnt the south awesome? I love it! Love your pics and blessings to each of you.
Praying for Emmie each day that she will continue to rise above.
Enjoyed your post.
Your Friend,
Michele
Hi Steffie,
Nothing like a get together with "family" to pull all your thoughts and feelings back to where they belong. :) I'm so happy for you that you had a wonderful visit with your special friends.
Hey I was in TN this past weekend too!!! We went to Nashville to see my married son!! Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend too!!!
God bless!
Debbie
Wonderful pictures and wonderful post! It looks and sounds like you had a great time!
What a blessing that your families have each other! Adoption is magical how it brings so many people together!
Hope your girls feel better!
Steff - sounds like you all had such a wonderful time together. The pictures just show how much fun you all had!
I'm glad you guys had a good time. Good friends are the best.
Post a Comment