Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gung Hay Fat Choy

This past weekend we took Sophia out for a CNY Dinner celebration at our favorite Chinese Restaurant. She and I both wore clothes that we had made in China while we were there. As I got her dressed, my heart was just over-flowing with emotions. I have many weepy moments when I really stop and gaze at her......she is just a miracle, such a gift. We met up with Kimberley and her family and had a wonderful time. Sophia danced to the music and was in awe of the Chinese Dragon that performed. She thought the party was just for her...which I guess in a way it was! ;) As I sat there taking it all in, listening to the owners explain Chinese New Year, customs and why they celebrate, my eyes just filled with tears....yes, I know.....they always do....and I once again realized how much joy Sophia has brought to our family. How thankful and blessed I am, that she is my daughter. That we decided as a family to make this journey to bring her home.....a home where she will always be able to come, no matter what time of the year it is. Happy Chinese New Year, the year of the Rat...to my precious baby girl.

click either photo to enlarge

51 comments:

Livin' out loud said...

you look SO Beautiful!!
Hugs
Susan

Lauren said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Anonymous said...

Look at those sweet faces! All three of you! Sounds like you had a wonderful time together.

Stef, I had to chuckle at the little Hello Kitty face on Sofia's hand!

kerri said...

Happy New Year sweet one.
You all looked beautiful, glad your celebration was wonderful.

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures...
You and Sophia look sooo beautiful...
I have tears in my eyes for you..
can't wait to celebrate with Isabella...
Hugs to you my friend..
And you did a WONDERFUL job on these pictures...
You are getting great at this..
Can't wait to see pictures from your dinner...
Hugs to you.. Happy Sunday..

Truly Blessed said...

Great pictures -- and I love the digi frames!

We also had dinner at YC last night...sorry we missed you!

The CAWM CNY gala was FANTASTIC -- next year you'll have to go and enjoy it with us. Katie and the other little girls around us had a great time dancing in the aisles!

Briana's Mom said...

Happy New Year to you! Beautiful pics!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year!! Absolutely gorgeous pictures!

~Amy~ said...

Looking beautiful like always! :) Happy Sunday...

C's Mom said...

Happy CNY - you both look wonderful in your Chinese clothing.

cougchick said...

Absolutely beautiful...

Denise C said...

WOW! You all look gorgeous!!! Love the outfits!!! What a very special celebration for a very precious angel!!!
Hope your weekend continues to be so very blessed, my friend!!!
Love,
Denise

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a special picture of the three of you. Your clothes are stunning. I can't wait to do the same thing one day with our Josie. We're getting close! Our TA should be here after the CNY!!!

Hugs,
Kim K.

redmaryjanes said...

I really enjoyed our families being together. We had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing Chinese New Year with us. I love the photos and I will post tomorrow. : )

4D said...

Just lovely pictures of a lovely family.

Keep smilin!

insanemommy said...

I love your chinese silks!! Look at you all dolled up. Purdy as a princess yourself! I'll post ours later. I will be the one NOT wearing silks....

OH MY #6 said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!

Lea

mommy24treasures said...

pretty pretty!!!!!!

Mr.Brian said...

You both look so pretty, and the three of you is great too.
May you have ablessed Chineese New Year.

3 Peanuts said...

What a beautiful celebration! You all look beautiful!


Kim

Tiffany said...

So Beautiful!!!!!!

To show you how easily I tear up about this stuff... I am tearing up just reading about you tearing up.

Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

insanemommy said...

Are you changing your blog again? I see something going on here..

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS! I'm glad you had such a great time!!!!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

PS- I think you should take anonymous comments off....some of the people on your last post are just mean.

Nikki said...

Hey Sweetie! Your fam looked gorgeous for the celebration...glad you all had such a great time.
XO

day by day said...

That is so nice that the Chinese restaurant near you celebrated the CNY in such a way. It has me wondering if any of the ones local to us do this.

Love your jacket, Steffie! As I was getting our girls dressed for our CNY celebration, I thought to myself that I need something special to wear to the events as well.

great pictures!

Kate said...

Just wandered into your blog....waht a lovely family! Happy New year to you!

Kate

Tiffany said...

Steffie~ the pillows on our blog are from Pearl River (www.pearlriver.com)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Very beautiful picture. Steffie, don't let this person steal your joy. You have enough on your plate being the great Mom that you are. This person doesn't even deserve an answer, it is the work of the devil.

Ashton said...

I love those outfits!! They are SO cute!! Sophia is precious!!

Ashton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gail said...

You both are so beautiful, I'm so happy you had such a nice CNY. Thank you for writing from the heart about your feelings for your Sophia. :)

Denise C said...

Just checking in on you today!!! Only a few more days till you're off to TN! Hope Emmie's youth retreat was wonderful! I left her a little comment!!!
After reading the "ridiculous anonymous commenter" I disabled "anonymous comments on mine as well.....no need for people to be that mean! Not welcome on my blog either!!!
Have a fab evening with your beautiful family my friend!!!
Hugs & Love to you!!!!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Steffie,

It has been a while since I have visited. I can't believe how much the kids have changed...Time does fly.

I am sorry to come visit during such a time of turmoil and angst. I pray God will work things out the very best way for you and your family so everyone can be happy. I pray you will have an extra measure of wisdom as you tread through these volatile teenage years (and toddler ones, too).

You all looked so lovely on CNY!!!

God bless you as you wait, dream, and hope...

Blessings,
Lisa

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Sorry I am late with the Happy New Year! We have had a rough few days in our house....Your pictures are beautiful!!! Happy New Year!!!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

I am sorry I missed the anonymous comments...why would someone even take the time to write something negative..they must really have low self esteem and need self help!
I have to approve all comments on my blog and there have been a few that have not made it.
Hope Emmie is doing better and ready for her retreat. I have thought a lot about her the last few days. I remember being teased as a teenager and it was very hurtful. Give her a big hug from me {{}}}

D & S said...

What a great picture! Happy CNY to all of you too.

my3 kids said...

Just beautiful!!

Mommy Spice said...

What beautiful pictures. I love this time of year dressing S.G. in her beautiful Chinese clothes.

OK, I'm gonna have to scroll down and see what's going on. I've been away too long. Hang in there!!

Beckyb said...

Looks like a TON of fun!!! That's when I wish we lived closer!!! See David - the shopping was ALL worth it!!!

Beckyb said...

That is when I wish we lived closer - looks like so much fun!!!

And see David - the shopping was ALL worth it!!!

Laura Nipper said...

You both look beautiful. Very touching to read. Hang in there and don't pay attention to rude comments.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

super cute picture and how blessed we all are ... how life has changed so much and how we have all changed so much !! Thank you Lord for our Chinese Angels ...

Anonymous said...

Hey there cute lady !
Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of ya.......
**hugs**

Anonymous said...

This picture is so great!!! It really gives hope to those of us enduring the wait for our first Asian princess!! Thank you so much for sharing your precious family.

Adrienne in Texas, LID 4-20-07

Noemi said...

You look STUNNIG! And Princess Fia ADORABLE as always! Looks like you all had a good time!

kitchu said...

Happy CNY Stef... love these photos!

Sorry to hear nasty comments were left about Emmie... but God knows her and you, so I'm not worried in the least.

Julie said...

Gorgeous! Happy New Year. Sorry to read about what is happening to Emmie. It is just not right, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing by being supportive and realizing that she needs a break. Being a Mom isn't easy.

Sew Much Fun said...

Love your holiday attire, you look so happy. Your children adore you, and you adore your children . . . no better place to be!

t~ said...

Beautiful! Happy CNY!

Deb said...

Awsome pics!
Happy Chinese New Year.